****December 2020 Thread****

Yay for this group! We just completed our November 2019 trip. It was our fourth trip during the same Jersey week in November, but for 2020 we are pushing to December b/c my daughter is dancing there! We haven't had our parent meeting yet, so I have no idea what resort we HAVE to stay at for that portion (will be a new hotel for us and I'm excited for that!), but after that stay, we hope to switch over to Dolphin where we have been staying for the past two trips. I love to have a trip on the books but this one will certainly be different! Kids will be close to 8 and 10 (but still 9 thankfully!). I believe my daughter will be dancing at Animal Kingdom and there might be some sort of private party for the dancers/families as well. It is during Pop Warner, so I'll be watching for reviews about that on these boards. I don't want time to fly right now, but December 2020 is just too far!

So I am basically at the year mark although we haven’t booked our hotel. But I spent the weekend following the Dance the Magic group that was there this year Bc that’s what is bringing us down next year. It’s so exciting but I won’t have the info needed to book until at least end of January. I’m itching to start planning!!

me my wife and son along with 2 of are good friends will be their dec 2 to dec 8 staying at pofq

Joining in! We will be at CSR Dec 9-16 with a bounce back free dining deal. Already counting down.

My son will be 16 on this trip so we are FINALLY going to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour!

I will likely book 2 Christmas parties this trip. We just got back from our Dec trip and our Christmas party 12/17 was thunderstormed-out and it was the last night of our trip, so I'm hoping if I schedule 2 parties, at least one will have good weather. Here's to hoping anyway!

Last edited:
We’re scheduling the 17th through the 26th...Going to try for Coronado Springs but hoping we’ll be able to take advantage of free dining if it’s offered again...

Also this time we’re going to take a couple of days and do Universal for the first time...We always say we’ll try it next trip but never give it a go when planning begins...

I am a long time member of the disboards. We are going December, 2020. Where is the planning board where I can meet/ chat with other people that are going December, 2020. I looked and looked for that thread that I remember.

I am a long time member of the disboards. We are going December, 2020. Where is the planning board where I can meet/ chat with other people that are going December, 2020. I looked and looked for that thread that I remember.
Was your post moved here? This is it! There are also resort-specific boards, and when the time comes ADR swap boards.

Hi! Long time lurker, new poster here.

We are booked December 14-20 (for now!) with a free dining bounceback at POP. :)

joining in - December 1-8 Jambo Villas at the moment. Might change with time, we're still early.

Last edited:
Can I call and pay off my room-only charge sooner than later? Or do I have to wait until I check out? I have the whole amount saved in WDW gift cards and I'd like to take advantage of the exchange rate right now.

Finally, after 11 years we are making it back! Me (49) DW (49) DD (23) DS(18) Looks like we'll be headed to POP, AoA, or POR 12/26-1/2. Definitely not our first choice for a time frame. Early December is our preferred, but with both kids planning on being in college (DD graduated college in 2019 but going back for her BSN and DS will be a freshman in college) it's the only time we can guarantee we will all be on vacation and not during the summer months. Super exited to be going, and to be here on the DIS Boards planning with the greatest people on Earth!

Finally, after 11 years we are making it back! Me (49) DW (49) DD (23) DS(18) Looks like we'll be headed to POP, AoA, or POR 12/26-1/2. Definitely not our first choice for a time frame. Early December is our preferred, but with both kids planning on being in college (DD graduated college in 2019 but going back for her BSN and DS will be a freshman in college) it's the only time we can guarantee we will all be on vacation and not during the summer months. Super exited to be going, and to be here on the DIS Boards planning with the greatest people on Earth!
I think having all adults in your party will make it more manageable that week. Enjoy!

It's official! Just booked our first adult-only trip to celebrate our 10-year anniversary and my husband's 40th! Beach Club December 1-6. I CANNOT WAIT!!!
Decided last night to change our resort and add a day. So now we’re December 1-7 at Copper Creek Villas! Excited to see WL at Christmastime, and be close to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!