December Galaxy’s Edge crowd stress

Status
Not open for further replies.

RachelRosette

Earning My Ears
So I just booked my trip starting December 12th a few weeks ago and now Disney just gave the date for the rise of the resistance opening and it’s the week before my trip starts. I absolutely love Star Wars and hope to ride it but I’m really feeling the stress now about the crowd level. I already knew it would be be busy because of the holiday crowd and was nervous but now I can’t imagine how insanely busy it will be while I’m there. Any tips or even just kind words so I can chill a bit would be appreciated ahaha

I’m having the same worries! I planned our trip for December 4th-7th something like 400 days out and had no idea about all of the GE stuff, my plan is just to stay far, far away from HS. I’m trying not to stress too much since I know we will have fun regardless, it just may not be what I was planning!

I’m having the same worries! I planned our trip for December 4th-7th something like 400 days out and had no idea about all of the GE stuff, my plan is just to stay far, far away from HS. I’m trying not to stress too much since I know we will have fun regardless, it just may not be what I was planning!
You should definitely be fine if you’re not planning to go to HS! That will be the busiest park everyday you’re there I’m sure ahaha. HS is my favorite park tho and I love Star Wars so I’m gonna try to be brave and face what ever crowd comes my way lol. Good luck on your trip!

Take a look at the trip reports from people going to Disneyland when Star Wars Galaxy's edge open there. it looks like Disney's done a really great job of managing crowd levels even with all the extra demand. I think it's going to be no different than a normal crowded time to be there.

Stressing isn't going to change anything about the actual crowds level when you get there and is taking away from the time you have now of enjoying the time until the trip comes. Get a plan A and a plan B just in case and enjoy.

We will be there the week of 12/9. Quite honestly I‘m not worried. We will go there and check it out. If we can’t get on the rides we will just walk around checking out everything that is new. I think it can be fun even without the rides.

We are going week of Jan 12-19. My thought process is to go, do what we can and get out. It will be there for our next trip if we don’t get to see or do everything. Not stressing at all!

Even though I’m feeling some stress about going Christmas week and much of my family is crazy about Star Wars, I’m trying to be patient and see how WDW handles the craziness of SWGE. Will there be extra hours? Will there be paid events?
Will there be restrictions? All which will affect the busyness of the park. So as for now, I am “trying” (a hard thing for me to do) to sit back and wait as things unfold. We should definitely have a better idea of what lies ahead in the next few months.

We will be in HS on December 6th, we booked over a year ago, and now I am worried about the crowds and fast passes, because of GE. I'm thinking we hit that area first and then enjoy the rest of the park.

Even though I’m feeling some stress about going Christmas week and much of my family is crazy about Star Wars, I’m trying to be patient and see how WDW handles the craziness of SWGE. Will there be extra hours? Will there be paid events?
Will there be restrictions? All which will affect the busyness of the park. So as for now, I am “trying” (a hard thing for me to do) to sit back and wait as things unfold. We should definitely have a better idea of what lies ahead in the next few months.

This is me! I am planning my first trip back in five years and it is over the New Year's holiday. I did not pick the week but I will be there December 30 - January 3rd. I was already worried about the huge crowds just because it is New Year's and I knew Stars Wars was opening in Auguest. I was just hoping to get a look at the new area, but now that the big Star Wars ride is opening earlier in December, I just do not see that I have a chance at getting to ride it or even get into the area with out waiting half a day in a line. I really hope they create a virtual queue for the area/ride. Who knows when I will get back? Ugg!

Arriving on Saturday the 7th. I booked last December on a bounceback, hoping to see SWGE, and then they released the new ride opening date, and I did panic for a moment. It opened two days before I arrive, and in my mind the airport will probably be the busiest thing I have to deal with, Popwarner's should also be arriving that day too... other then that, I have put HS at the end of my 8 day trip, to try and get the further out fast passes. Planning one whole day for HS and then an evening, just to be there and look around should satisfy me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!