December January & February Park Hours Update Watch/Discussion

I think it may have changed. This morning it would not show me anything that overlapped with my current FP, even for things I knew were available at that time.

It did this to me too. I was in such a rush to book that I assumed I was doing something wrong.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, that's not the way it's working for me. If I try to modify an existing FP, MDE will not show me available times for that ride if they conflict with windows for other FPs I've booked. And MDE also blocks out all availability for the other rides I have an FP for.
When you are looking at a fast pass in your plans there are TWO change buttons. One under the name of the Attraction that will let you pick a new one. Another by the time that lets you select a new time only. At least that’s how I believe it works

When you are looking at a fast pass in your plans there are TWO change buttons. One under the name of the Attraction that will let you pick a new one. Another by the time that lets you select a new time only. At least that’s how I believe it works
That's right. The first change button will show you other rides that are available (for which you don't already have an FP), and only for time windows that don't conflict with the FPs you already have for that day. The second change button will show you other times available for the same ride, but only if they don't conflict with the other FPs you've already reserved for that day. At least that's the way MDE is working for me at the present moment - doesn't seem to be any way to have a clear view of all FP available on a given day as many of them are hidden.

That's right. The first change button will show you other rides that are available (for which you don't already have an FP), and only for time windows that don't conflict with the FPs you already have for that day. The second change button will show you other times available for the same ride, but only if they don't conflict with the other FPs you've already reserved for that day. At least that's the way MDE is working for me at the present moment - doesn't seem to be any way to have a clear view of all FP available on a given day as many of them are hidden.

I guess all that went away when they updated MDE. It used to be like that where you can modify the ride, and it should show you all, including times you had plans for. Those times would just be highlighted saying you have plans at this time

So I wake up at 7:00 this morning, check the app for 2/6, and nothing. I set my alarm for 7:40 and go back to sleep. I check at 7:50 and see lots of afternoon SDD FP available, and find out the FP I have been refreshing for since Friday afternoon were released a few minutes after I went back to sleep.

So I missed out on moving our 10:45 SDD up to an earlier time, but I did get an 8:55 am Oga's consolation prize. Even if they move the park open to 7:00 within the next few days, I'm going to stick with what I currently have for FP and plan my morning out around that once I have a better idea of what time the park will open..

How in god’s name did I miss this! :confused3

I have been checking relentlessly, even checked at 5:30am...

But today is a work day so I didn’t get to check again until now

I checked this morning and was able to get SDD for 2/10 at 8:45 am for 11. I couldn’t get one at all at 60+2.

😭😭😭 The one morning I haven’t been able to check (had to drive in to ATL this morning) and they drop. Oh well - I AM happy for those of you who got one.

So I wake up at 7:00 this morning, check the app for 2/6, and nothing. I set my alarm for 7:40 and go back to sleep. I check at 7:50 and see lots of afternoon SDD FP available, and find out the FP I have been refreshing for since Friday afternoon were released a few minutes after I went back to sleep.

So I missed out on moving our 10:45 SDD up to an earlier time, but I did get an 8:55 am Oga's consolation prize. Even if they move the park open to 7:00 within the next few days, I'm going to stick with what I currently have for FP and plan my morning out around that once I have a better idea of what time the park will open..
How in god’s name did I miss this! :confused3

I have been checking relentlessly, even checked at 5:30am...

But today is a work day so I didn’t get to check again until now
😭😭😭 The one morning I haven’t been able to check (had to drive in to ATL this morning) and they drop. Oh well - I AM happy for those of you who got one.
Same here
I have been refreshing like crazy everyday since fruday
This morning I was down with a fever so I looked at my phone a little later, only to find out I missed the early FPS... 😢

If they change the park hours from 8 to 7 in Feb, will Disney release FPS during that 7-8 window? Any ideas when they do this? It seems as tho they waited to release the 8-9 FPs until well after the park hours changed. When is the best time of day to try for those 7-8 FPS should they become available, too? TIA

They changed the hours on Friday aound 6:30pm and added RnRC and TSM pretty quickly.

They then waited until yesterday around 7am ish to add SDD, TOT and AS.

Best thing would be to click the "watch" button at the top of this thread and have email notifications turned on. It's probably faster to check your email from your phone then to keep opening the ap all day long. Someone will probably post that they are available. In hindsight I should have done that!! I would have an earlier SDD if I had. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Last edited:
If they change the park hours from 8 to 7 in Feb, will Disney release FPS during that 7-8 window? Any ideas when they do this? It seems as tho they waited to release the 8-9 FPs until well after the park hours changed. When is the best time of day to try for those 7-8 FPS should they become available, too? TIA

I’m no expert in this prediction game, but if I had to say whether or not they would move the opening hour again, I would say no. It seems that would be inefficient to move them twice (having to reschedule CMs again, IT adding more FPs again, etc.).

I’m seeing 8-9 FP for Star Tours this morning. I’m not sure if those have been available yet? I was able to grab one for 11:30 on the 7th, as I’m sure some people are modifying their plans. They are so hard to come by until the tiers change at the end of the month.

I’m seeing 8-9 FP for Star Tours this morning. I’m not sure if those have been available yet? I was able to grab one for 11:30 on the 7th, as I’m sure some people are modifying their plans. They are so hard to come by until the tiers change at the end of the month.
I've been trying to move my ST up from 1pm to 11am, but I've had no luck.

Does anyone think they will still update the hours for presidents week and Mardi Gras week?
I guess depending on how things go next week we could see updated hours?

Does anyone think they will still update the hours for presidents week and Mardi Gras week?
I guess depending on how things go next week we could see updated hours?

To me, current hours seem light for that weekend/week. But, that has been the trend the last few Febs, so I’m not holding on to a lot of hope there (in my opinion).

To me, current hours seem light for that weekend/week. But, that has been the trend the last few Febs, so I’m not holding on to a lot of hope there (in my opinion).
[/QUOT
Even with crowd levels predicted at 10s in DHS for President’s Day weekend? Would it be unusual for a park expecting peak crowds to not have a 7 am opening?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!