December January & February Park Hours Update Watch/Discussion

jumping in to watch! 4th straight year going jersey week and i have all the dates logged when they extended hours the previous years - i wake up that morning and add in FPs. i get giddy around this time! i'm really hopeful for extended MK hours the sunday night before veteran's day!

Im there from 11/30-12/07. I wish they would extend hours in the evening...

We're there for essentially the same dates, and I'd love to see some later park hours too. Having 8am openings would help with FPs, but I know that my group will not be excited to get up that much earlier. Not being morning people, we still RD though.

AK is only open until 8pm, that could definitely be later. HS was just extended a few weeks ago from 830 to 9pm, but even 10pm would have been nice. A lot of party nights for our stay, so extending closing hrs at MK won't help a ton. I guess we don't really care if EP was open later or not.

We are going in a group of 8 4 adults 4 kids no one else cares really to plan but I really dont want to seem pushy either trying to get everyout out the door by 6:45 am to make it to 8 am opening Im not sure how that'll turn out. We have the problem where once we leave the parks we are usually to tired to go back in so Im not sure if rope dropping leaving midday then return for afternoon will even be worth trying especially with all the 8-9 pm closing. At the same time we do have 8 park days so 2 days per park but we will be doing HS back to back due to ROTR opening we want m to get in before the opening crowd hit and MK back to back in order to get a late park night in the form of a non party night 11 pm closing and next day a party night in hopes of a semi breathable park day. I have Ep for arrival day and AK for departure day as on arrival day our plane lands around 10 am and on departure day our flight leaves around 7pm.

Following! I actually hope they keep the hours as is- at least on my MK PPO morning. :worried:

jumping in to watch! 4th straight year going jersey week and i have all the dates logged when they extended hours the previous years - i wake up that morning and add in FPs. i get giddy around this time! i'm really hopeful for extended MK hours the sunday night before veteran's day!

Might sound like a stupid question but what and when is Jersey Week?

It looked like 2018 hrs during that week per wdwinfo were MK 9-10 except party nights: 6pm close, EP 9-9:30, HS 9-8, AK 9-8. That's what they are for 2019, until HS was recently extended from 8pm to 9pm close. Is the consensus thought that hours might not be extended in early Nov?
MK hours for Oct. 30 still show closing at 9PM. I can't find any listing for a public or private after hours event that night, so I'm puzzled why hours weren't extended to 10PM, as they were for even a couple of non-party nights after this.

Might sound like a stupid question but what and when is Jersey Week?
it makes for an awesome november! i work at a school so i love it as equally as the kids do. unfortunately me and the kids are only off thursday and friday that week and don't have election day or half days as well. november flies by combined with the thanksgiving vacation and then only a couple weeks until winter break! so yeah, a lot of us NJers head to WDW :)

Im there from 11/30-12/07. I wish they would extend hours in the evening...

Oh, so you're one of the ones in the way of my dreams with your one day ahead of mine :P (12/1-12/8).

But yes. They need to extend those park hours.

Last edited:
We are going in a group of 8 4 adults 4 kids no one else cares really to plan but I really dont want to seem pushy either trying to get everyout out the door by 6:45 am to make it to 8 am opening Im not sure how that'll turn out. We have the problem where once we leave the parks we are usually to tired to go back in so Im not sure if rope dropping leaving midday then return for afternoon will even be worth trying especially with all the 8-9 pm closing. At the same time we do have 8 park days so 2 days per park but we will be doing HS back to back due to ROTR opening we want m to get in before the opening crowd hit and MK back to back in order to get a late park night in the form of a non party night 11 pm closing and next day a party night in hopes of a semi breathable park day. I have Ep for arrival day and AK for departure day as on arrival day our plane lands around 10 am and on departure day our flight leaves around 7pm.

Sometimes a thankless job being the Disney planner. Luckily for us, we're all on board with trying to squeeze the most bang for our buck in spending the most possible time in the parks and racking up those toe blisters from the 20k+ steps days. We're probably going to try to be at the bus stop 2 hrs before ea. park opening, and not coming back for naps. Because as you've said, once we nap, it's tough for us to drag our butts back. We actually sometimes nap on secluded benches, and also have designated "nap-time attractions" - from Carousel of Progress to Little Mermaid... trying to save that time leaving and coming back.

We're actually arriving on a redeye the night before our check in day - just so that we can nap at the airport for a few hrs before getting to the first park for RD. Last yr., we did this, we were actually allowed to nap in our room at like 4am - but don't expect to have a room ready on Thanksgiving obviously. We sleep after vacation.

First time going down for jersey week! We are leaving 11/4-11/10. Do crowds tend to pick up that Thursday on in your experience? Seeing on every planning site that the first 3 days M-W have light ratings like 5s which is perfect.

First time going down for jersey week! We are leaving 11/4-11/10. Do crowds tend to pick up that Thursday on in your experience? Seeing on every planning site that the first 3 days M-W have light ratings like 5s which is perfect.
We have never arrived earlier than the Wednesday of that week, so I can't speak so much. It's wine and dine run the weekend leading into Jersey Week so not sure if that brings lingering crowds. GREAT weather though!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's also usually the Holiday Taping so that adds in some fun (and slight crowds along recording areas). I haven't seen reports yet of when the tapings are.

We have never arrived earlier than the Wednesday of that week, so I can't speak so much. It's wine and dine run the weekend leading into Jersey Week so not sure if that brings lingering crowds. GREAT weather though!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's also usually the Holiday Taping so that adds in some fun (and slight crowds along recording areas). I haven't seen reports yet of when the tapings are.
Awesome, yeah a lot of people I ask say the crowds pick up later in the week because schools out from thursday-friday. Hopefully its not too bad! What type of weather should I be packing for? all 4 seasons lol?

Awesome, yeah a lot of people I ask say the crowds pick up later in the week because schools out from thursday-friday. Hopefully its not too bad! What type of weather should I be packing for? all 4 seasons lol?
most mornings we start with hoodies on, but wear t-shirts/shorts underneath. no issues swimming. haven't experienced any rain yet! although i hope i didn't just jinx that!

So this is a recurring topic, and of course everyone is different. But for what it's worth, our stay into 1st week of Dec., I'm not packing pants. Only shorts, t-shirts, and a light-weight fleece that can be stuffed into a backpack to help with the early am chill. Possibly a rain jacket instead.

I'm from Michigan, and I've never worn pants for a trip to WDW in Nov/Dec. Will it be cold enough to wear pants? Probably - especially early in the am, vs. 10pm, I'm expecting low 60's maybe occasional upper 50s. But personally, I don't want to be in pants when it's 70s during the day, occasionally 80, running around. Just my preference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter