December January & February Park Hours Update Watch/Discussion

Nick6300

DIS Veteran
Is there a thread going on a watch for park hours possibly being extended for end of 11/28-12/7? The Nov-Dec 2018 hrs look similar to already posted 2019 hrs per https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours/november18.cfm

It looked like 2018 hrs during that week per wdwinfo were MK 9-10 except party nights: 6pm close, EP 9-9:30, HS 9-8, AK 9-8. That's what they are for 2019, until HS was recently extended from 8pm to 9pm close. Is the consensus thought that hours might not be extended in early Nov?

Last year an hours update that covered Nov and some December occurred on Friday 10/12 (second Friday of the month prior). If they were being nice they’d update them this Friday, but I suspect it will be Friday 10/11. Just my guess though, past performance doesn’t always = future results.

No watch thread yet, but I was tempted to make one. How about we watch here? I am about to jump out of my skin waiting for the hours!!!

ETA: I know Touring Plans will send me an email and I will be happy to post here once they do.
Thank you, please let me know if you hear anything! I've only been at WDW during Thanksgiving a few times in recent yrs. But I was thinking that something like beg. of Nov. they might announce a few new park hours for end of Nov. And if any 8am's open up, there might be more FPs. There are so many party nights at MK during my stay, which will limit MK being open later.

I'm not too disappointed with my booked FPs from yesterday, but was hoping for more than 1 SDD for a 10 day stay. We got 3 FoPs and I think 2 7DMT, and pretty much none of the premium FPs until day 4.

Yep I am hoping they open HS at 8am and release more FPs for Slinky.
8am HS would also help a little for RD 12/5-12/6 as well for RoR. Still retain 70% of the insanty that 9am opening will be though. Don't know how many of the RDers are offsite but you'd think mostly onsite guests. Hoping to get my fill of the rest of GE, including MF before 12/5, and get out of Batuu as early as possible.

Part of me keeps hoping/wishing they’d just come out and announce daily EMHs at DHS for the rest of the year. They have to date been very effective....no crazy rope drops, lots of time to accommodate people on various schedules.

I suspect they’ll at least be back for RotR opening, but I’m hoping all of Nov gets them too.

Part of me keeps hoping/wishing they’d just come out and announce daily EMHs at DHS for the rest of the year. They have to date been very effective....no crazy rope drops, lots of time to accommodate people on various schedules.

I suspect they’ll at least be back for RotR opening, but I’m hoping all of Nov gets them too.

Have been trying to keep an eye on wait times all summer; wife has been charting daily for months. Seen that wait times have been mostly low recently. It is Sept, though. Opening day RD, even though end of Aug., still seemed like a challenge, given many people arriving at 4am and hitting capacity in the am. But since then, surprisingly easy to get on Falcon. I've seen bloggers who visit every week suggest to not RD GE and to instead do last ride for Falcon. Not sure that will work for us 12/5-12/6 for RotR. At least for opening wknd, seems like we need to RD because last ride will still be pretty high in demand.

We've only slotted 3 RD for HS out of 10 days. It would be nice if they extend the 8am's but I'm not counting on it. The lack of FPs for GE and the new tiering has me wanting to go AK or MK 1st during our stay. Can get to so much RD at MK, and we have about 4-5 parties that sort of force us to go to MK in the am. Our typical 3 FPs at HS are TSM (SDD not avil), Star Tours, and Frozen sing a long. That's worse than even EPCOT's FP availability now! Which is why we always try to avoid EP in the am's.

If they do 6am EEMH Thanksgiving week I may be going to HS alone. LOL

Last year an hours update that covered Nov and some December occurred on Friday 10/12 (second Friday of the month prior). If they were being nice they’d update them this Friday, but I suspect it will be Friday 10/11. Just my guess though, past performance doesn’t always = future results.

The fact that Disney posted those MK EMM dates on the calendar today makes me think they've finally made a decision about how they're handling the next few months. I'll add my wishful thinking to yours that they'll go ahead and announce this Friday instead of making us wait the extra week!

Wondering what my chances that my week 11/4-11/10 has earlier hours. Right now they all say 9am starts besides the extra magic hours but was hoping for a 8am start at MK.

Wondering what my chances that my week 11/4-11/10 has earlier hours. Right now they all say 9am starts besides the extra magic hours but was hoping for a 8am start at MK.

My week (weekend!) is 11/2-11/5, but I find myself following all of the threads that discuss hours anytime in November hoping for any hint of an answer. I'm hoping MK and HS will have 8 am opens at least some of those days.

I like the hours just the way they are now. I'm not doing any park with extended hours so that lets us avoid getting up before dawn.

we are there 12/1 to 12/7 - really hoping for some EMH for HS too... if they do 6am , my whole crew will be there early I'm definately not a fan of the new tiers though.

so is this our official watch thread now?

We booked TSM, Star Tours, and Frozen Sing a long for 12/1 (no SDD). That's a far cry from before, and the options for the 2nd tier are even more pathetic than EP's Nemo and Spaceship now. If no emh or eemh being offered, makes me think twice about starting the day at HS until 12/5.

This can be the watch thread. :) I’m praying for 8 am EMH on 11/30 at HS. My whole plan is based on it opening earlier than 9. I do have a back up plan but I don’t like it as much.
Otherwise the hours are good. Getting my teenagers to the parks an hour in advance of a 9 am opening is going to be hard regardless. Lol

This can be the watch thread. :) I’m praying for 8 am EMH on 11/30 at HS. My whole plan is based on it opening earlier than 9. I do have a back up plan but I don’t like it as much.
Otherwise the hours are good. Getting my teenagers to the parks an hour in advance of a 9 am opening is going to be hard regardless. Lol

Do they still let you in about 30 min early to be held at Sunset Blvd, and is it different on Sundays (EMH early)? It's been over a yr. since we've been to WDW and I should probably ask fellow disboards members for a refresher on when the gates open to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!