December Trip reports

Ed,

I thought I had a better picture, but they had surveying stakes on the ground where the new playground is going up. The pic below is the best I have. I'm standing in front of TE looking towards the TP. The grass area behind the horse and wagon and where the people are standing along the rail is where the stakes were and where I have seen the playground going up.

j

20190907_184911-1008x567.jpg

That's quick for an early morning bus. :drive:Seriously, they run more frequently in the main part of the day.

Part of me finds it strange that some people will resist walking a little bit in Fort Wilderness when they'll put tens of miles on their feet in the parks. :confused3 We are walkers too, though, like you.

The other thing with getting back to the Fort at night via boat is if you are at the Contemp or MK docks when the Electric Water Parade is near WL, performing at FW, or in the area of FW as it leaves, the boats won't run (or will stop in the water because they aren't permitted to dock when the EWP is near). I've killed an hour on the dock that way and I learned my lesson after that.

Hope it gets better for you.

Terri, where did they build the new playground?

Bama Ed
Ed, it right in front of TE. Between TE and the Settlement Trading post. If you look close at my picture you will see TE & the big Christmas tree right behind it.
IMG_1937.JPG

After our cart ride, I stayed at camp and made breakfast, Greg headed off to do more fishing. Lazy day around camp as we had plans to go to Disney Springs later. I worked on a puzzle for a while then decided to try out the cabin pool as it was much closer to our site. Had the whole pool to ourselves......found out why, it was cold! Sat in the hot tub for a while then headed back to camp to get ready.
IMG_1940.JPG

This was from Thursday, monorail green interior has been re done, new seats and wall coverings. Very nice, hopefully all will get the same.
IMG_1962.JPG

As we were heading back to camp after our evening cart ride, had to take a picture of the sky. Both beautiful and eerie at the same time.

IMG_1964.JPG

It is a very rainy Saturday morning, so plans for today may change. Only thing that is definite is Greg will be watching Ohio State at 8pm. There is already a LOT of standing water all around the Fort, so this rain is only going to add to that. For those in tents, hope all is staying dry.

The 1100 loop storm troopers are all decked out for Christmas (they also do this for Halloween and Easter).
IMG_1941.JPGIMG_1942.JPGIMG_1943.JPG

Terri, okay I see your perspective. Your back was to the Trading Post looking back towards TE.

How bout some pix around/behind Pioneer Hall where the new resort is going in? Can you see the new TCD Horse Barn at all or is it all hidden behind construction fences?

The 1200 decorations do look fabulous. Corgidad said they were "not to be missed".

Great job as always on the photos. You just posted the storm trooper decoration in 1100 - haha that's a lot of pajamas! :rotfl2:

I'll be watching the playoff games this afternoon/evening too.

Bama Ed

Ok Ed, just for you I trampled through wet bushes and peeked behind fences. This is the horse barn plans and construction photos taken from beside Pioneer Hall and behind the Settlement bus stop. When looking behind the bus stop, the new barn is to the left, other construction to the right.
IMG_1968.JPGIMG_1969.JPGIMG_1970.JPGIMG_1971.JPGIMG_1972.JPGIMG_1973.JPG

These are of the same area but taken from the dock so you can see the old beach. Notice the dock that used to be at the end of the beach is gone, it has been moved to the other side of the current dock. Including photos of that and new beach.
IMG_1974.JPGIMG_1975.JPGIMG_1976.JPGIMG_1977.JPGIMG_1981.JPG

Thanks Terri.

I'm not embarrassed to make a horse's-rear-end of myself if it's for what I consider is the greater good. I bet lots of folks are interested in the latest status of FW construction and you're a go-getter with pictures so I really appreciate it.

The pic from the porch showing the playground (and Christmas Tree) with the Settlement TP in the back answers all my questions. And the photos behind TE where the BBQ was looks awfully empty and wide open.

Tell Greg that LSU has already scored on Oklahoma in the first playoff game. :happytv:

Bama Ed

We just finished setting up in Loop 2000 - thankfully no rain. I requested near transportation and near pool and I don’t think they could have found a site that LESS meets those requests. Oh, and far from the comfort station too! Still, a nice site that backs up to the canal. I was noticing how huge the green area in the center of this loop is - they can put a road down the middle and almost double the sites.
Will probably head to the pool soon with my youngest and just let the relaxation of the Fort take over.

Big new cart parking lot at the Meadows Trading Post. Very comfortable but totally...corporate? Not rustic or Fort like at all. 55817640-3E8E-463F-90CE-B62D6A77B3F6.jpegB072570E-DB7E-4F81-884C-A39DE82C3FC1.jpeg
cant get the orientation right

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!