December Trip reports

tltay2005

DIS Veteran
Since we are a little over 6 weeks away from our Christmas trip I thought I would start the thread. Anyone else joining us? We will check in on Christmas day and check out on the 30th.

Good Heavens, Terri, did you even bother to unpack from the Halloween trip?

:rolleyes: Bama Ed

PS - oh and me popcorn:: we appreciate all the pix you post.
At least I cancelled the November trip, because if I would have kept that one (for my Birthday) we would be heading back tomorrow. Decided to go to Anastasia State Park in St Augustine the weekend before Thanksgiving instead.

We're checking in on the 9th for 5 nights in a cabin, then moving to SSR and BWV. I have never done a trip report but I really want to this time since Christmas at the Fort is SOOOO magical!

At least I cancelled the November trip, because if I would have kept that one (for my Birthday) we would be heading back tomorrow. Decided to go to Anastasia State Park in St Augustine the weekend before Thanksgiving instead.
Love Anastasia SP. We will be at the Fort from Dec 28 - Jan 2 and can’t wait. We haven’t been able to get a golf cart so keeping my fingers crossed for loop 1500. I prefer bikes but all of ours have self-destructed in the last few years.

I suppose you do have to let Mr. Bones get back up in the attic and get Mr. and Mrs. Kringle down and stow them in the trailer.

We're checking in on the 9th for 5 nights in a cabin, then moving to SSR and BWV. I have never done a trip report but I really want to this time since Christmas at the Fort is SOOOO magical!

The cabins sound like a winner, sharadoc. As for a TR, we do a monthly group TR (which is this thread and it's set up a little early so you can include some pre-trip planning activities) so people can contribute as they can before-during-after their trip as they want to. Or you can do your own stand-alone TR and update it before-during-after. Choose whichever one suits you.

But stand-alones take commitment (even after you return home) to complete them if that's your plan. Many a stand-alone has started off and fallen into the black hole that is a WDW vacation these days. That's why we started the monthly group TR threads in the first place.

We'll be at Anastasia SP for several days across New Year's. I REALLY want to do the Ponce/Flagler College historical tour. What a beautiful property.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

I suppose you do have to let Mr. Bones get back up in the attic and get Mr. and Mrs. Kringle down and stow them in the trailer.

The cabins sound like a winner, sharadoc. As for a TR, we do a monthly group TR (which is this thread and it's set up a little early so you can include some pre-trip planning activities) so people can contribute as they can before-during-after their trip as they want to. Or you can do your own stand-alone TR and update it before-during-after. Choose whichever one suits you.

But stand-alones take commitment (even after you return home) to complete them if that's your plan. Many a stand-alone has started off and fallen into the black hole that is a WDW vacation these days. That's why we started the monthly group TR threads in the first place.

We'll be at Anastasia SP for several days across New Year's. I REALLY want to do the Ponce/Flagler College historical tour. What a beautiful property.

Bama Ed

That sounds great. I think its a great entrance into trip reports. I'm going to try.

Since we won't be visiting any parks during our stay, I want to make sure I hit each one before then to see all the Christmas Decorations. I thought I would share some photos so those that will be visiting the parks will have an idea of what to expect.
First up HS, I LOVE the laser light show on Sunset Blvd. Pictures do not do it justice. It starts at dark and keep running on a loop until close. I actually like it better than Jingle Jam show on the Chinese theater. HS also used a lot of "retro" decorations. GE does not have any decorations. There are also some pretty good holiday desserts and drinks.
IMG_1870.jpgIMG_20191109_160954655_HDR.jpgIMG_20191109_171645340.jpgIMG_1874.jpgIMG_20191109_182727959.jpgIMG_20191109_182804370.jpgIMG_20191109_162949567_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191109_183418519.jpg

Thanks for showing pix of DHS in Christmas decore, tltay2005.

The last time I did the full Marathon in January 2017, we did DHS coming in from behind ToT, up to Hollywood Boulevard, then turned left and headed out the entrance to the sidewalk along the canal back to Epcot. At that point I am tired and hurrying along, trying to beat the balloon ladies and not get picked up for being too slow - the last pickup point for slow folks is outside the DHS entrance just where the sidewalk starts along the canal towards Boardwalk. So there was no time to linger thru DHS because I wanted to get outside the gates and clear the last sweep point. But part of me would have wanted to lag back and look around more.

All that to say I've never seen the Christmas decorations at DHS (I have Epcot and MK) so thanks for showing me what I was missing. Part of me wishes I had the leisure time to savor all the parks in their Christmas settings.

Maybe someday. :confused3

Bama Ed

PS - never did see the Osborne (sp?) lights at DHS. Would I would have like to have? Sure but I lost zero sleep over it.

Last edited:
We will be there the second week of December (before our limited pass blackout period). We are very excited as our close friends will be joining us. I had to cancel our annual Halloween trip due to a fracured ankle and hand, but I am healing up and ready to go (determined to do it without a scooter)!

Worked on our schedule and packing list today. We will not be doing any parks, so we will be resort hopping, playing some mini golf and going to Disney Springs. Since I don't like to have a strict schedule to stick to, I only made one dining reservation for the stay. We will eat at the Boathouse at DS when we are there. Did Edison last year and really liked it, but we like to try something different each trip. But some things I keep the same, as in the hotels we like to visit. Yacht and Beach club, Boardwalk, Grand Floridian & Contemporary for the gingerbread creations and new this year the WL, it will have a gingerbread log cabin.

Terri,

We have been to the Boathouse a couple of times. I actually like it better than the Edison. If you haven't yet (and like steak), you should try the Yachtsman while at Yacht Club. It is pricey, but the service and steaks were amazing.

j

Leaving in about 48 hours for our 2-3 day trek down. No FW site for the 29th yet, so stopping in Tallahassee and Lake Louise if we don’t get lucky

Last edited:
Leaving in about 48 hours for our 2-3 day trek down. No FW site for the 29th yet, so stopping in Tallahassee and Lake Louise if we don’t get lucky

If you don't get lucky and end up at Lake Louisa, Pluto, make sure you enjoy the boat dock on the lake behind the right side of the Comfort Station in loop A (where sites 1-30 are). Nice pier, hanging spanish moss, very pretty. If you are in loop B (sites 31-60) you might not think to go over to A.

Bama Ed

Knowing that we could drive and park at HS was super helpful.

We made it for the 7am extra magic hour which let us ride Slinky Dig and then had the character breakfast with Disney Jr characters this morning, which was awesome for us. Ended up staying at the park for almost the whole day.

PizzeRizzo was pretty good for quick service dinner too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts