Decisions - Cali Grill brunch, Tiffins, Boatwright's

Pdollar88

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

I am thrilled that I scored a California Grill brunch reservation for my solo trip in Jan/Feb. I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep that one at 11:30.

This has thrown the rest of my day into flux. I had Tiffins booked for lunch and Boatwright's for dinner. Which would you choose, between Tiffins and Boatwright's for dinner? As eager as I've been for over a year to try Tiffins, I'm leaning towards Boatwright's since I am trying to make the most of my stay at the PO resorts.

You might not need dinner after the California Brunch. Refillable mimosas, you can order more than 1 entree. If you like Shrimp I would try the Shrimp n grits dish. One of best things I have ever eaten, and I don’t like grits lol. At least I didn’t think I did. Eggs Benedict was a miss so I was very happy we order the shrimp as well.

So maybe make the most of parks and a late dinner/ appetizer at Boatrights.

Unless you would be at AK late already.
Happy planning
Kerri

If you want to be near your resort, obviously Boatwright's. If you plan to be in AK, then Tiffin's. You will be full after the brunch, but Tiffin's lounge is very good and you could always order a small plate of some sort. If you want to maximize the park, do that, then head to PO in the evening as a way to end your fun day. Rather depends on what you wish to do.

Thank you both for your suggestions! I should have elaborated a bit more. My Boatwright's ADR is at 8:45, and if I stuck with BW's, I would keep it at that time. I plan to be in AK that evening anyway, though, viewing ROL.

I'm thinking I'll keep Boatwright's for a late dinner after the heavy brunch that day (I don't drink, but I plan to order two entrees lol). If I get hungry, I'll take the advice and pop into the Nomad Lounge for a little taste of what Tiffins offers.

Now I'm questioning whether I should keep the brunch. I feel like I should RD MK, but I had originally planned on eating breakfast at POFQ and making my way leisurely to AK. Maybe I'll try to take a chill pill and sleep in at POFQ anyway, then make my way to a leisurely brunch.

I'll still be going to a park that afternoon :) Trying to work my way through it.

Now I'm questioning whether I should keep the brunch. I feel like I should RD MK, but I had originally planned on eating breakfast at POFQ and making my way leisurely to AK. Maybe I'll try to take a chill pill and sleep in at POFQ anyway, then make my way to a leisurely brunch.

I'll still be going to a park that afternoon :) Trying to work my way through it.
Congrats on scoring the CG brunch! I wouldn't cancel it without a lot of serious thought.
There were 4 of us during our visit in July so we were able to try a few different entrees. I opted for the shakshuka , one of the kids ordered the berry pancakes, the other the shrimps and grits plus regular pancakes, and the man had the eggs benedict.

The shakshuka was delicious and just what was wanted by me. Nicely seasoned and not too filling what with having lost my mind at the appetizer stations. My grandnephew gave up talking (highly unusual for him, LOL) as he devoured his blueberry pancakes and DGD ate her shrimps, left the grits once she discovered there was cheese in it and ate one of her 2 pancakes instead. The man had lobster with his egg benedict and found it "tasty" which is his go to word when something is really good. Should you opt to go don't miss the baba rhum station- eat what you want and have them box the pastries;).

Congrats on scoring the CG brunch! I wouldn't cancel it without a lot of serious thought.
There were 4 of us during our visit in July so we were able to try a few different entrees. I opted for the shakshuka , one of the kids ordered the berry pancakes, the other the shrimps and grits plus regular pancakes, and the man had the eggs benedict.

The shakshuka was delicious and just what was wanted by me. Nicely seasoned and not too filling what with having lost my mind at the appetizer stations. My grandnephew gave up talking (highly unusual for him, LOL) as he devoured his blueberry pancakes and DGD ate her shrimps, left the grits once she discovered there was cheese in it and ate one of her 2 pancakes instead. The man had lobster with his egg benedict and found it "tasty" which is his go to word when something is really good. Should you opt to go don't miss the baba rhum station- eat what you want and have them box the pastries;).

Okay, I’m convinced ;) :) Not that it took much. But I think it’ll be a nice splurge on a trip where I’m trying to take it easy.

Personally, I would keep the brunch and then either do Nomad Lounge (if you are hungry while at AK) or River Roost Lounge or Riverside Mill QS (if you aren't hungry until after you get back to POR) that way you aren't tied to an ADR in case you are still full, or you just want to snack around AK or the resort or both. We prefer Nomad Lounge to Tiffins so that would be easy for me regardless.

I really like Tiffins but Lucy would have been wasted on me. I had to have a nap after brunch at CG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!