Deck 7 aft or Deck 6 midship??? Please help me decide.

bunny

DIS Veteran
I put Cabin 6571 on hold today but I am afraid of noise since it is over the Oceaneers Lab. The other possibility is Cabin 7123 but it is in the back (aft??). We have never been on a cruise before. Please help us decide. Thanks.

I can't speak to the deck 6 cabin, but I've stayed on deck 7 aft twice. Once in 7106, once in 7624. I thought both locations were great. Very quiet, with quick access to the aft stairs and elevators, plus the "secret" verandah at the stern on deck 7. 7123 would be right across the hall from 7624, except on the port side of the ship. I thought it was a great location.

Two of the three restaurants are also aft, so it makes going to dinner very convenient on 2 of 3 nights.

We were on Deck #6 ;midship before and never was bothered by any noise. Unless you plan on a good sleep during the day, I don't think you would have any problem. I love the 'secret' Deck out on the AFT of Deck#7 area - so I would be partial to maybe wanting a stateroom in that area.;)

We were in 7625, Deck 7 Aft, starboard on the 12-8 Magic. It was very quiet and super -convenient to Topsiders (just up 2 decks).

The ship is so easy to get around, you're less than 5 minutes from anywhere on board no matter where you are.

Relax and enjoy your cruise.

:)

I'd choose Deck 6 mid-ship -- there is NO noise from being OVER the Club at all. Deck 6 is my favorite as you are very centrally located, and if it is less expensive than Deck 7 (Category 6 vs. 5) I'd choose it.

Enjoy! :)

You don't generally have to worry about the noise below you...overhead is more of a problem. But I would take the aft room anyway...I LOVE the aft of the ship, as it tends to be peaceful and less travelled. I haven't been on Deck 7 aft, but I've been in 6652 and 5650 (both about as far aft as you can get), and they were great...5650 is my favorite location on the ship.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We have cruised Deck 6 midship (deck 7 as well) and are cruising again in March in a Deck 6 midship cat 6. It is centrally located -- not too far from anything. I'm sure you will love either! Have a great trip! :)

I have heard great things about Deck 7 Aft. From trip reports I have seen, it is said that it is extrrmely quiet and peaceful. It also makes other locations on board easily accessible.

Happy Sailing!!!

1 Disney Lovin' Mom
Memphis, TN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter