Deck 7 vs. deck 5

Gina

Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
I've been thinking about being booked on deck 7, as I am for the next cruise, vs. being on deck 5 where we just were. It was extremely convenient to be just down the hall from the Oceaneer Club, especially when I picked him up late and he was so half-asleep. Plus, if we were in a hurry and the elevators were being slow, it was easy to walk down a flight of stairs to get to Animator's Palate or the Walt Disney Theater or stuff like that. Nothing is one flight away from deck 7.

The only possible advantage to being on 7 that I can think of is that maybe higher up, you can feel the movement more when you sleep -- and I absolutely loved that.

Am I missing any other advantages? I'm contemplating switching my ressie to be back on deck 5. Thanks for your input!

-gina-

Personally, I would vote for deck 5! My favorite stateroom on the ship is 5650 (as far aft as you can get), and when we're not in that one, we can typically be found in a secret porthole room on Deck 5 forward. We don't have kids, so convenience to the kids clubs doesn't matter (although when we are in 5650, we sometimes see them being transported up or down the stairway, and I get such a kick out of hearing the counselors make up games like "Keep your hand on the magic railing!" in order to keep them together :p :p ). I prefer 5 because it is also close as you can get to the water with a verandah, and it is convenient to go either up or down. Also, there are not as many staterooms as on deck 7, so I think it tends to be quieter. Just my humble opinion!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I only thing I can think of is on deck 7 you are closer to the pool in terms of walking a couple of flights of stairs when the elevators are crowded.

I agree with Barb. 5650 is a great rm. We stayed on the Magic and had rm's 5648 & 5650. Highly recommend them.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter