Decorating Windows at POR

Mrs. Bradbury

It will ALWAYS be the PeopleMover!
My daughter and I are a few weeks away from our first stay at POR! In a Princess room! :banana:

Doesn't matter that she's 26 and I'm 54 1/2. WE ARE PRINCESSES. :cutie:

Anyway, for stays at other (value) resorts I have decorated the window to more easily identify our room. Over the weekend I snagged some blue miniature lights and blue and fuchsia snowflakes and silver tinsel and blue snowflake garland. I also got a craptastically sparkly wreath for the door with those colors as well as lime green. :crazy2: Then I got to looking at POR pics. Are those plantation shutters on the windows at Riverside? Or are they blinds? Is there room to apply things to the inside of the window with suction cups, command strips, etc.?

Thanks for your help! :worship:

My daughter and I are a few weeks away from our first stay at POR! In a Princess room! :banana:

Doesn't matter that she's 26 and I'm 54 1/2. WE ARE PRINCESSES. :cutie:

Anyway, for stays at other (value) resorts I have decorated the window to more easily identify our room. Over the weekend I snagged some blue miniature lights and blue and fuchsia snowflakes and silver tinsel and blue snowflake garland. I also got a craptastically sparkly wreath for the door with those colors as well as lime green. :crazy2: Then I got to looking at POR pics. Are those plantation shutters on the windows at Riverside? Or are they blinds? Is there room to apply things to the inside of the window with suction cups, command strips, etc.?

Thanks for your help! :worship:

They are blinds and yes, there is room for suction cups, etc.
We decorate our windows often when we stay there- just a few things to be aware of.... (we just got back from a split stay at POFQ)
The outlet is somewhat far away from the window, so either bring an extension cord, or battery lights.
I wouldn’t use command strips on the walls or doors... I would be afraid of damage.
We use tape sparingly.
Also, in the cold(er) months, be aware that the windows fog up inside and create a wet layer that drips. So don’t put up anything that you don’t want getting wet. My DD put up Mickey head snowflakes that were adorable but they totally melted, lol.
It’s fun to decorate... enjoy! :)

Thanks for the info! I travel with an extension cord, but I may pack an additional one. So excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!