Dedicated studio at AKV Jambo House?

Claire L

<font color=blue>Enjoys a good broadway show<br><f
Does anyone have a floor plan to show where the closet is?

Claire ;)

Be aware that due to structural elements that had to be worked around in the AKL conversion, not every dedicated studio will look like this one. I believe this closet is really more of a broom closet. It will have the vacuum cleaner, ironing board, etc. in it. In a recent trip report someone (LindaBabe, I think) stated that the closet was not deep enough to accommodate hangers. You have to turn the hangers sideways a bit to get the closet door closed. There will be an armoire in the room for your clothes.

81115Dedicated_Studio_Medium.JPG

Ah thanks for that Lisa, knew you would know the answer :) At least the closet may be a space for storing the luggage though!

Claire ;)

Be aware that due to structural elements that had to be worked around in the AKL conversion, not every dedicated studio will look like this one. I believe this closet is really more of a broom closet. It will have the vacuum cleaner, ironing board, etc. in it. In a recent trip report someone (LindaBabe, I think) stated that the closet was not deep enough to accommodate hangers. You have to turn the hangers sideways a bit to get the closet door closed. There will be an armoire in the room for your clothes.

Is there a big difference btween a dedicated studio and anything else. If so is it the case for most of the DVC resorts? Thanks Lisa I am just learning the different room styles.
Thanks
Chris

Is there a big difference btween a dedicated studio and anything else. If so is it the case for most of the DVC resorts? Thanks Lisa I am just learning the different room styles.
Thanks
Chris
Main difference is that since the dedicated studio does not have the connecting door, they can put something else in its place, such as a closet. There is a comparison of a dedicated and lockoff studio in this post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=20920280&postcount=29

I thought that when I visited the "model" at SSR, the toilet was seperate from the shower/ bathtub. Was I mistaken? I really liked the idea, maybe I was dreaming.

I thought that when I visited the "model" at SSR, the toilet was seperate from the shower/ bathtub. Was I mistaken? I really liked the idea, maybe I was dreaming.
No you weren't mistaken. The models in the theater at SSR are for the AKV rooms that will be built in the new building, Kidani Village. The floor plan I posted above is for a studio in Jambo House. There are a few differences due to what they were able to do when converting existing AKL rooms and what they will be able to do when they start from scratch.

Here is the floor plan for a Kidani Village studio, from the public DVC website:
studio.jpg

I don't have any photos of the bathroom of the studio model, but another DISboard member has posted some here: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2819374680044692859rBNMCZ

As they keep saying Kidani Village is ahead of schedule.anyone think itwill oppen sonner,if so when.We plan on going next aug and would like to stay in kidani
Paulh

Main difference is that since the dedicated studio does not have the connecting door, they can put something else in its place, such as a closet. There is a comparison of a dedicated and lockoff studio in this post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=20920280&postcount=29
Thanks for the link :). I am glad that they learned their lesson on where the connecting door goes. I HATE the location of the door at BWV in the middle of the wall. What were they thinking?!?

Thanks for the link :). I am glad that they learned their lesson on where the connecting door goes. I HATE the location of the door at BWV in the middle of the wall. What were they thinking?!?
In Jambo House, the connecting door will be in one of two places. Viewed from the studio side, the door will either be between the kitchenette and the entry door, or just after the kitchenette. I think it's because they have to work around some structural elements in the Lodge building that overlapped the area where the connecting door would normally be located.

This floor plan shows the 2 2BR lockoffs in Unit 29. The two lockoff studios are in the middle two bays and show the two different locations for the connecting door. Counting from left to right, you can see this structural element in bays 2, 3 and 6 (a rectangle with a big X in it). In bay 3, it overlaps the preferred location for the connecting door so the door is on the other side of the kitchenette. In bay 6 it's in the corner of the master bath, resulting in a single-sink vanity rather than a double sink.

81115AKV_Unit_291.JPG

We just returned from a stay in a dedicated studio at AKV, and I didn't hang anything in the closet, but there were hangers in there. The closet, I think, would have been deep enough to hang stuff on the hangers, because we removed the vacuum cleaner and used the closet to store my son's stoller, not collapsed. The whole stroller fit in there, tightly, but it fit. So, that may give you some idea of the size. BTW, it is an "umbrella-style" stroller, but not a small one. It is actually one made to accomodate larger kids. Oh, the closet was located where the first floorplan showed, right after the OP.

We just returned from a stay in a dedicated studio at AKV, and I didn't hang anything in the closet, but there were hangers in there. The closet, I think, would have been deep enough to hang stuff on the hangers, because we removed the vacuum cleaner and used the closet to store my son's stroller, not collapsed. The whole stroller fit in there, tightly, but it fit. So, that may give you some idea of the size. BTW, it is an "umbrella-style" stroller, but not a small one. It is actually one made to accommodate larger kids. Oh, the closet was located where the first floorplan showed, right after the OP.
Thanks for that info. In re-reading LindaBabe's trip report, she says that the clothes rod in the closet in her studio was mounted too close to the door, causing the hangers to get upended when the door is shut. It may be an isolated problem to that particular studio. Here is a link to the trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1588028

Okay, I am a person who likes to have specific information, and I did this just in case there are others as obsessive as me... our stroller measures 20.5" wide, so our closet at AKV was at least that wide. Our closets at home are 24" wide, so I guess there might be a problem with hanging clothing in that closet in the AKV studio, but at least it is good for storing things like strollers, luggage, the pack n play (if you aren't using it) etc. Too bad they don't just get some smaller hangers for us! Maybe next time I will bring my son's kid sized ones from home!

Oh Lisa.....Can an Aero bed in a Jambo Studio?
Thanks for answering another dopey question.
Chris

yea, if you are using the sofa bed for a bed. then in the hall way (besides the kitchennett. (so be prepared to move it)

if you aren't using the sofa bed - where it would go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter