Deed number for getting the membership number

iheartglaciers

DIS Veteran
So my BWV contract is finally closed and the deed is recorded as of today!! I'll call later this week and hope I can get my membership number... we're trying to book an Oct trip, plus buy a direct add-on before the price increases next week.

I see that I need the deed number and the sellers' names. Just to clarify, this is the deed/document number for the warranty deed with both our names and the sellers' names? (not the original deed number when the seller bought the contract).

Thanks!!

I don't have the answers, but I am following so I can follow in your footsteps. Our contract was supposed to have closed this past Friday, but it hasn't been recorded yet. Hopefully getting the membership number will come quickly!

I don't have the answers, but I am following so I can follow in your footsteps. Our contract was supposed to have closed this past Friday, but it hasn't been recorded yet. Hopefully getting the membership number will come quickly!

Mine closed on Friday and was on the OC web site late morning today, so yours should be up soon!

It has been a few months since I called. But, I believe I needed the original owner’s contract number - buried in the language of my sales contract, their name and number of points purchased. I think for verification I then had to verify my address and zip or phone. This first MS person then gave me our member number and then transferred me to a person who gave me our club numbers and pin codes for the website.

It has been a few months since I called. But, I believe I needed the original owner’s contract number - buried in the language of my sales contract, their name and number of points purchased. I think for verification I then had to verify my address and zip or phone. This first MS person then gave me our member number and then transferred me to a person who gave me our club numbers and pin codes for the website.

Thanks!!

You bet, and in case you didn’t know, your member number is shared with you and any others on the deed but you will get individual club numbers - xxx.1, xxx.2, xxx.3 etc and pin codes. They gave me both numbers for myself and my wife on the call.

Your contract number will be different than the seller's.
Yes it will once DiVC sets it up. But I’m sure now that’s what I was asked to provide initially, presumably for verification. Our new contract number is xxx.1, our small direct add on is .2 and I presume our current “addonitis” purchase, if it passes will be xxx.3.

Last edited:
So my BWV contract is finally closed and the deed is recorded as of today!! I'll call later this week and hope I can get my membership number... we're trying to book an Oct trip, plus buy a direct add-on before the price increases next week.

I see that I need the deed number and the sellers' names. Just to clarify, this is the deed/document number for the warranty deed with both our names and the sellers' names? (not the original deed number when the seller bought the contract).

Thanks!!

How long are you waiting before calling? We are planning to call next Monday for the first time, but we aren't sure if that will be too early. There haven't been a lot of updates on time from deed recording to points lately on other threads.

How long are you waiting before calling? We are planning to call next Monday for the first time, but we aren't sure if that will be too early. There haven't been a lot of updates on time from deed recording to points lately on other threads.

It seems to vary a lot on how fast contracts get processed and when we can successfully call. I kind of want to call Friday, even though I know it's probably way too soon. It's just I'm chomping on the bit to book an October trip and do a direct add-on before the prices increase!!

It seems to vary a lot on how fast contracts get processed and when we can successfully call. I kind of want to call Friday, even though I know it's probably way too soon. It's just I'm chomping on the bit to book an October trip and do a direct add-on before the prices increase!!
I understand. I am in the same boat, but I figure since I didn't close until the next day, there was no point in me calling Friday if you hadn't heard yet!

When you call Disney for your new membership number, you will need the sellers name and the sellers contract number you purchased. All this information should be on your initial purchase agreement. Once the transfer of ownership has been completed, Disney will provide you with a new contract number to go with your membership number. Hope this helps.

I understand. I am in the same boat, but I figure since I didn't close until the next day, there was no point in me calling Friday if you hadn't heard yet!

I called today and they said they're currently processing contracts received on 1/4 (they said mine was received on 1/9, which was the day after it was recorded on the OC web site).

I called today and they said they're currently processing contracts received on 1/4 (they said mine was received on 1/9, which was the day after it was recorded on the OC web site).
Bummer...maybe today or Tuesday then. At least there was a weekend between 1/4 and 1/9. I was really hoping to be able to call and make a reservation tomorrow!

I kind of forgot about the holiday yesterday and they are still on 1/4. She also said they received our info on 1/9. The woman I talked to was very nice and said hopefully Friday! I was really hoping to male reservations today...

I kind of forgot about the holiday yesterday and they are still on 1/4. She also said they received our info on 1/9. The woman I talked to was very nice and said hopefully Friday! I was really hoping to male reservations today...

I’m at Disneyland today and stopped by the DVC office to see if we could add on yet, but the contract isn’t in the system (as you found out!). But Poly was sold out in our UY anyway, so no add on before the price increase.

If you need the deed number get it from OC Comptroller's website, just search your name, that's what I did.

Our deed showed up on 1/5. Wondering if I should call in to see if I can get our membership number... maybe I'll do it tomorrow since I'm on the West Coast and it's already almost 7PM EST.

Our deed showed up on 1/5. Wondering if I should call in to see if I can get our membership number... maybe I'll do it tomorrow since I'm on the West Coast and it's already almost 7PM EST.
I would guess you are in the system based off of my phone call yesterday! I'm going to try again tomorrow but I'm guessing it won't be until Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!