Defective or is this normal?

JJIRmom

Mouseketeer
EBB9B681-62CB-4ABA-963E-536E34A52F80.jpegC12680A0-F0F8-461E-93DD-CE0F6736E0E5.jpeg2DC05861-616D-4BE8-AC92-4959D99BFF0F.jpegLast October we did the search for Remy around Epcot and my son picked up his prize cup at the end. As you can see from the pictures it looks like water somehow leaked under the plastic outer layer and it’s getting mold in between the layers. This has only ever been hand washed too. Has this happened to anyone else or did I just get a defective cup? Wondering because if this is a common problem we probably won’t do the scavenger hunt again :(

My guess is it's that style of cup. We have a few like that (not Disney) and they always seem to end up with condensation inside the layers of plastic. I won't buy that style any more unless someone really needs a pencil holder.

My guess is it's that style of cup. We have a few like that (not Disney) and they always seem to end up with condensation inside the layers of plastic. I won't buy that style any more unless someone really needs a pencil holder.
Thank you. I guess I’ve never bought this style cup before so I was pretty shocked to see the mold when I pulled it from the cupboard.

Yeah that's normal. Unless you can take it apart somehow I'd toss it in the garbage or drop it in a bucket of rice to see if you can get the moisture out and then never drink from it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!