Deferral Costs?

dobball23

DIS Veteran
I contacted RunDisney with the below questions, but have not received a response back. I am sure this has been brought up on these boards before, but I was unable to locate in a quick glance. Any information is appreciated.

Here is the scenario:
- I had knee surgery this winter and am just starting to get back into walking/running
- I am hoping/planning to sign up for the 2017 Dopey Challenge
- I am anticipating not having any complications with my knee as I ramp up my training.
- However, I want to be prepared if I do run into some issues...

My Questions:
- Is it possible to defer my entry to 2018 if my knee does not cooperate?
- How is the deferral handled? Is it one fee for the Dopey Challenge, or are there four separate fees?
- How much is the deferral fee?
- My wife is planning on signing up for the 2017 5K and half marathon. Would she be able to defer to 2018 if my knee prevents me from participating? Costs?

I am aware if I do need to defer, I would also need to pay the difference in registration fees between 2017 and 2018.

Going to move this to the new runDisney forum. HTH!

I contacted RunDisney with the below questions, but have not received a response back. I am sure this has been brought up on these boards before, but I was unable to locate in a quick glance. Any information is appreciated.

Here is the scenario:
- I had knee surgery this winter and am just starting to get back into walking/running
- I am hoping/planning to sign up for the 2017 Dopey Challenge
- I am anticipating not having any complications with my knee as I ramp up my training.
- However, I want to be prepared if I do run into some issues...

My Questions:
- Is it possible to defer my entry to 2018 if my knee does not cooperate?
- How is the deferral handled? Is it one fee for the Dopey Challenge, or are there four separate fees?
- How much is the deferral fee?
- My wife is planning on signing up for the 2017 5K and half marathon. Would she be able to defer to 2018 if my knee prevents me from participating? Costs?

I am aware if I do need to defer, I would also need to pay the difference in registration fees between 2017 and 2018.
I broke my foot in November so had to defer my 2016 Dopey to 2017. My answers:

1 - yes, though the number of deferrals is limited, so if you choose to defer, try to do it on the first date that it is allowed (Early December)
2 & 3 - single $35 fee for Dopey last year. You then get the full cost of the year that you paid (less the Active fees) applied to the next registration when you register. I just registered today - got a special link in an email for my deferral registration. Had to register within a 2 week window or lose the $$$, and you can only defer to the same exact race (Dopey to Dopey, not Dopey to Goofy for instance). So I got a $550 credit for the 2017 Dopey registration today.
4 - You do not have to provide a reason to defer. Anyone can defer as long as they do so before the limit of deferrals allowed for an event have been reached. This part of my answer is a guess, since I did not have separate events, but a single event which included 4 races. Since she would be deferring 2 separate events, she would likely have to pay 2 deferral fees, so $70 instead of $35. She would get 2 links to register for the two separate races.

My advice - register. Considering the cost of Disney races and vacations, the deferral fees are minimal. Just be prepared to make your decision by the end of November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter