Deferral Help

DVCFan1994

DIS Veteran
I need help figuring out if we missed a step in the deferral process. My sister was registered to run the PHM 2014. She became pregnant and deferred to 2015. She has decided she'd like to run the GSC instead. In trying to help her figure out if this is possible (she has a newborn to care for) I found the link on the RD site that says "check to see if I am registered for a PHM weekend race" When I do that she does not come up. I called active.com, and they cannot find her. :scared1:

She has her email that said her deferral was completed. It has a confirmation code, but actually does not list a race or any details. Was there something else she was supposed to do? Does she need to do something additional on registration day? Does anyone know if she still has any chance of switching to GSC? She began contacting RD a week ago, by email and phone. The only response she got was entirely unclear, and she has received no more follow up. It said if she wanted to do the GSC she had to register for it and request a transfer. As far as I know they don't allow transfers (and I can't find anything about transfers on the site) so that part makes no sense to me. And she's already paid for the half so registering for the GSC and paying $295 doesn't make sense either. I would have told her to look into it sooner, but I did not realize she wanted to switch races until last weekend. She was registered last year as a gift so she's new to the registration day rush. I assumed she was all set because she had done the deferral. Although she'd still like to do the GSC (which I am registered for now) at this point we are concerned whether she is registered for the half via that deferral at all. I have told her in the end if she can't run the GSC officially but is registered for the PHM if she just registers for the 10k Tuesday I'll give her the medal and shirt I get in 2015, I already have mine from last year. But she really wants to do it officially herself.

Does anyone have any advice or previous experience to help me figure this out? She has only gotten voicemail when she has called, and like I said, the email response was not helpful. Does anyone ever actually answer the phone or call back?

Sorry this is so long, I get wordy and unclear when I am nervous:)

I have spoken to people at runDisney several times so they do answer the phone. I don't know about whether you can transfer or not. My suggestion though would be to make sure you write down the name of whoever you talk to and the time and date, and possibly have them confirm through email whatever they tell you. I lost a good bit of money because several people told me on the phone I could do something and then something totally different happened and cost me a good bit of money. Hope yup can get it worked out the way you want.

I deferred the 2013 TOT race. If I remember correctly, I signed up my husband for the race during the early sign up and got his confirmation, etc. Then the regular sign up opened up and I watched all the fun on the boards. About a week later I got a confirmation from RunDisney that my registration for the 2014 race was now active. I just checked and I am showing up in the system. I think they process the early signups, the regular signups and then the deferrals. So, I'm pretty sure her deferral is there.

However, this doesn't answer the question about adding the GSC.

Thanks for the input to the posters above.

She finally got a clarification. She is registered currently for the PHM, and she can transfer to the GSC. The way it works is she registers again tomorrow for the GSC. Then she gets a transfer form, and submits it. Once she does, RunDisney refunds the cost of her PHM she paid for with the deferral. I don't see that form on the website for the PHM, but I assume it will show up after the general registration period begins.

I still don't know why active couldn't find it when we called, but I am guessing it has to do with the post above that says deferrals may be processed last.

I would make sure she has that info in writing, with a person's name attached to it, before doing it.

She has an email from RunDisney, but no specific person's signature, just a general "Disney Sports Registration" signature. I thought that would suffice if we have an issue. Do you think I am wrong?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter