Definitely not Disneyland related!

sweetbambi

Mouseketeer
For our 6 day May trip we want to do some different things besides 3 days at Disneyland and one at Universal. My 12 year old grandson has some developmental delays, mostly in maturity and not in intelligence and loves to play games. He heard somewhere about Nickel! Nickel! Is this a decent and family oriented place? How long would it take? We have coupons in the Entertainment book. Also the Aquarium of the Pacific. He loves museums and aquariums--would we probably like this? Also have coupons. And the Queen Mary--any 12 year olds been there. He's convinced that he should go to Legoland again because he has so much enjoyed it in the past, but we know he will find it childish so we are trying to find things that he WILL enjoy so we won't have a major meltdown.

Kathy :earsgirl:

If you are going to San Diego I'm sure he would enjoy Balboa Park. There are a number of Museums there as well as the Zoo. The Scripss aquarium in La Jolla is nice or there is always sea world. You might check into a Universal / Sea world combe since they are owned by the same company.

We did the Queen Mary with a 7 year old and she loved it! She wants to go back whenever we head back that way. I say at 12 he can read about the different attractions and decide what he may like. Long Beach also has an aquarium, but we did not get to it. You can see the building from the Queen Mary.

Have a great time!

I think what he is talking about is Nickeloden it is a game show that kids can be guess on and their parents also and play games. I want to say this is through universal studios. Check I want to say a VIP pass can get you to the show. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter