Delay in Posting Entertainment Schedule

Christin82

Mouseketeer
Is it normal for the DL entertainment calendar to not be posted for dates that are only about a week or so away?

Whether it’s posted or not isn’t really going to affect me one way or the other, so I’m not complaining, but I’m curious as to whether this is commonplace or not.

We are just over a week away from our trip, and things like Mickey’s Mix Magic and WOC are still showing as “schedule unavailable.” Does it sometimes not get updated until a couple days before? I haven’t been since 12/2017, and I don’t remember noticing this back then, but I could be wrong.

Is it normal for the DL entertainment calendar to not be posted for dates that are only about a week or so away?

Whether it’s posted or not isn’t really going to affect me one way or the other, so I’m not complaining, but I’m curious as to whether this is commonplace or not.

We are just over a week away from our trip, and things like Mickey’s Mix Magic and WOC are still showing as “schedule unavailable.” Does it sometimes not get updated until a couple days before? I haven’t been since 12/2017, and I don’t remember noticing this back then, but I could be wrong.
No that is not normal. Maybe give Disney a call?

:wizard:

I'm not sure exactly which dates you're going, but I see Mickey's Mix Magic scheduled every day for the next couple weeks. Technically WoC will be in "testing phase" from the 23rd through the beginning of March, hence its absence from the official schedule.

Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place. On the full site, I clicked Things to Do-Entertainment, changed the date to 3/1, and MMM says “schedule unavailable.”

Attachments

• B7C768C7-6A6D-4BDC-A707-42D427B4552A.png
    B7C768C7-6A6D-4BDC-A707-42D427B4552A.png
    148.5 KB · Views: 8
Sorry, I don't have enough posts to share a link, but if you hover over the "annual passport" dropdown and go to the very bottom, you'll see an "entertainment schedule" link.

Anyone else think it is weird that on presumably busier nights MMM is only one show? I get that they wouldn't do fireworks twice, but why not run the 8pm show w/o and the 9:30 with? Or maybe they only feel like they need two nighttime shows, and F! runs same days as MMM w/ fireworks?

Anyone else think it is weird that on presumably busier nights MMM is only one show? I get that they wouldn't do fireworks twice, but why not run the 8pm show w/o and the 9:30 with? Or maybe they only feel like they need two nighttime shows, and F! runs same days as MMM w/ fireworks?
I have found EVERYTHING about the entertainment schedule weird over the last 6 months, so....:confused3

I have found EVERYTHING about the entertainment schedule weird over the last 6 months, so....:confused3

It is weird lately. In particular, I really feel that if they’ve sold dining packages and dessert parties for WOC, and the reservations say to check the showtime a week ahead, they should go ahead and put it on the official schedule now that it’s only 2 or 3 days from supposedly reopening. The fact that it’s still not officially on the schedule is making quite a few people worry that maybe the packages for late February/early March were sold in error. If so, it isn’t the end of the world, but hopefully they will refund pre-payments in a timely fashion if they decide to postpone the reopening. The weekend we are going is the first weekend of Food & Wine, and dessert parties are all sold out. I hope there isn’t a loophole I missed in the fine print that would make it non-refundable somehow. I’m trying not to be paranoid and just going to hope that if it were an error, they would have announced it by now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter