Delayed Honeymoon

jenypooh

Earning My Ears
My husband and I got married on Nov. 2nd but delayed our honeymoon until March due to finances.

I'd love to let everyone know we're on our honeymoon but feel that due to our delay it might not be appropriate to do things like wear the headbands, etc.

Any suggestions? Should we let our hotel know we're on our honeymoon? Could we wear the ears?

Thanks
Jeny

You should definitely let everyone know it's your honyemoon! Wear the ears and go all out. So what if it was delayed a little- it's still your honeymoon!! Where are you staying? Hope you have a great time!
Kathy

I would definitely let the hotel know you're on your honeymoon. The only caveat I would add is about wearing the ears. When we were there, we got married at WDW and then immediately began our honeymoon there. We got quite a few people, cast members and other guests, asking us when our wedding date was and whether we were really just married or not. (The CM's asked us when the wedding date was, the guests asked abou the date or asked if we really had been just married).
Apparently they have quite a few people who just wear the ears to get special attention and aren't actually newlyweds. As long as you're comfortable either lying about your wedding date to these people, or putting up with some strange looks when you tell them how long ago you were married, I say go for it. Just wanted to warn you that quite a few people do ask either about the wedding date or if you really are just married. We were surprised by this, but I guess they want to find out if you truly are newlyweds or one of those couples who just wears the ears for no real reason.
Cheers!
Heather W

Wear your ears if you want!! And note that you're on your honeymoon with your hotel and all of your PS. Your honeymoon is your honeymoon no matter when it happens:-) I don't think it's necessary to lie about your date... You'll never see those people again most likely and it's still your honeymoon!! We also had people ask about our date and a few asked if we were really newlyweds kind of in a joking way. We also had someone ask if we had known each other before this week - like we'd just met and gotten married a la Las Vegas... And someone else wanted their picture with us, that was kind of bizarre... But it's only your honeymoon once, so wear them and have a ball!!

MY DH and I delayed our honeymoon for a lot of reasons but when we did go we wore ears and had no problems. of course we didn't get a lot of special treatment either but what we got we enjoyed.

Originally posted by jenypooh

I'd love to let everyone know we're on our honeymoon.......

When you get to the room, just move the bed and headboard a little closer to the wall. At least your neighbors will know you're on your honeymoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter