Delays on I-10 - How to predict/avoid ?

ScottOKW2K

No Chick Flick Moments
Are there any resources available that will allow one to find out where construction/maintenance of I-10 east of Lake City to Pensacola is planned or is to occur ?

We just returned from our third driving trip down to WDW from our central Mississippi home. The first two round trips were uneventful - in fact, we found the drive to be rather pleasant. On this last trip the leg to WDW was like the times before, but the return leg was another story entirely. THREE times in out travel through Florida on I-10 we encountered construction delays where the highway was one lane in the westbound direction. One was somewhat west of Lake City, the second was at Tallahassee, and the third (and worst) was at Pensacola. We lost an hour in the first one, about one-half hour in the second, and an hour and a half in Pensacola. The only reason why we didn't loose more time in Tallahassee was because I had downloaded that city into my pda, and was able to go around part of the traffic jam.

What resources are available that might indicate where construction is occuring, so that I might be able to plan an alternate route to avoid it ? And any other suggestions / advice that might help in this vein ??

Hi Scott,

Try this link toFlorida'a transportation page.
Scroll down and click on "Construction projects on Florida's Highways." A map of Florida will come up
and you can click on the region you want info from.

Also most trip planning software will update the info
via internet. Microsoft trips and streets is one and Rand
McNally's Trip maker is another.

Good luck.

Thanks, ALostBoy , for the excellent advice. The information on the MyFlorida page is just what I needed, and the Rand Mcnally website also displayed construction information for travelers. This is what I really enjoy about these forums - if you have a problem, some kind individual is usually able to provide a solution.

Thanks again ! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter