Delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok new to Disney Camping. How do you book 2020. Website stops at 12/31/19?
Sorry.

Hey no need to apologize in advance, Melanie. That's a question that comes up from time to time.

The on-line system is updated with rates for the following year (2020) once those rates are officially set which is sometime in the June time frame (if the last few years are to be used as a guide). When you call, Disney will take that reservation and your deposit will be based on the current year's rates (2019) for that time frame. Then your reservation will be updated to the current rates once they are announced and you'll pay the new balance due (it's all in the fine print).

I'm surprised Disney still waits to announce an entire year's rates. I would think it would be easier to always set rates for a month 500 days out in advance EVERY month to keep the on-line booking tool useful at this time of the year. Sort of a rolling release for 30 days of rates every 30 days.

So call as jeffrey1966 says.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
We went in September last year for the first time ever. It was the lowest crowds I've seen in at least 15 years. the same might not be true this year because of Star Wars, but normally it's worth the heat if you have air conditioning in your tent or pop up to sleep.

We will definitely be doing more Septembers in the future.

When you have more than two kids, the Fort is always the best deal. It's also great to have outdoor space for all the kids.

Oh, it is not the sleeping temp that I am worried about, it is the heat while we are in the parks haha! But low crowds are what I am striving for.
We will be going next September in 2020, but seeing how Pandora has been, I am pretty sure SWGE is still going to be crazy busy.

....I'm surprised Disney still waits to announce an entire year's rates. I would think it would be easier to always set rates for a month 500 days out in advance EVERY month to keep the on-line booking tool useful at this time of the year. Sort of a rolling release for 30 days of rates every 30 days....Bama Ed

I don't know, maybe Bama Ed has the data, what a peak (Christmas season) night cost for a Premium site back in 1980. A quick visit to the online inflation calculator reveals a $65 nightly fee in 1980 equals $214 in today's dollars. Were FW campsites out of reach (for most of us) over the holidays back then like they are now?

Maybe booking 500 days out is a good thing. Gives me 16 months to knock down the balance due with a monthly call to pay a little each month ahead of time.

I don't know, maybe Bama Ed has the data, what a peak (Christmas season) night cost for a Premium site back in 1980. A quick visit to the online inflation calculator reveals a $65 nightly fee in 1980 equals $214 in today's dollars. Were FW campsites out of reach (for most of us) over the holidays back then like they are now?

Maybe booking 500 days out is a good thing. Gives me 16 months to knock down the balance due with a monthly call to pay a little each month ahead of time.

Once the next recession hits, I’m expecting 30-40% discounts again. In the meantime Disney’s quarter was pretty bad. I sold my stock today.

I expect if park attendance doesn’t improve through the rest of the year, that we’ll start to see them offer some small discounts.

Also, since they said their second GE ride won’t hit DL until next year, I’m postponing my fall DL trip.

Real estate developer next door to FW, Golden Oaks, just sent me an email advertising new custom homes starting at $2+ million. Maybe some of you got one today, also. I didn't realize the Fort was in such a "high rent district." That could explain some of the significant price increases at the Fort; just Disney's way of trying to keep pace with the neighborhood.

In the meantime Disney’s quarter was pretty bad. I sold my stock today.

why would you sell when its so low? the qtr was bad due to construction and labor from GE at both parks, it will rise again

In the meantime Disney’s quarter was pretty bad. I sold my stock today.

why would you sell when its so low? the qtr was bad due to construction and labor from GE at both parks, it will rise again

We're at the end of the cycle, Disney is struggling to integrate Fox, and free cash flow looked pretty terrible. During the last recession, WDW ran in the red. I'll wait for them to work through the integration of Fox, which doesn't appear to be going as smooth as previous acquisitions. Also, they still need to figure out how to make their streaming services profitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts