Deleted

Glad to see you back... I was afraid maybe you had been scared away from the boards. Bottom line for you is your ressies for this trip are not going to disappear. Don't assume based on your conversation with this lady though that all is well. In the future you will need to dig deeper. I don't know if there is a way to lookup ownership holdings, but if not, I think DVC will need to provide a way for rentees to verify renters. There is nothing wrong with being a renter. If I need to rent out my points or lose them I should have that choice. I don't even mind people renting some to offset costs.

Have a great trip. We're in the packing stages now for VERO :banana:

Anyway. I do feel better. Also, my mother taught me if I had nothing nice to say dont say anything at all. I think a lot of people were not taught this lesson. :goodvibes I added the dining plan to our ressie yesterday, and they are sending her an updated confirmation- which she is forwarding to me within the next few days. SO, if there was an issue the dining plan would not have been added ( if the ressie was canceled ) So, I think we should be ok. :goodvibes

Hope everyone has a great week....

Diddaydreamer have a wonderful trip! JEALOUS... That is my one true flaw...ENVY LOL :rotfl: Momma didn't do a good job in that dept..LOL

DisDaydreamer said:
Glad to see you back... I was afraid maybe you had been scared away from the boards. Bottom line for you is your ressies for this trip are not going to disappear. Don't assume based on your conversation with this lady though that all is well. In the future you will need to dig deeper. I don't know if there is a way to lookup ownership holdings, but if not, I think DVC will need to provide a way for rentees to verify renters. There is nothing wrong with being a renter. If I need to rent out my points or lose them I should have that choice. I don't even mind people renting some to offset costs.

Have a great trip. We're in the packing stages now for VERO :banana:

Why would DVC need to provide a way for rentees to verify renters. It is a private transaction, and nothing to do with Disney. They have nothing to gain from this and after stopping the calls to MS, I am sure this is not going to happen either.

Sammie said:
Why would DVC need to provide a way for rentees to verify renters. It is a private transaction, and nothing to do with Disney. They have nothing to gain from this and after stopping the calls to MS, I am sure this is not going to happen either.

I agree 100%.

DVC should need to waste time providing this info.

Sammie said:

Well... I suppose your'e right that it is a private transaction, but if Disney is going to start punishing the buyer/renter by cancelling ressies (which I doubt will ever happen) then It seems to me Disney needs to give the buyers some sort of tool for protecting themselves from making a very costly mistake. How else can a buyer/renter obtain the information necessary. Maybe something similar to the BBB listings where one can go to see if there are any past complaints, warnings, judgements, etc. I don't know :confused3 It's not going to happen so I guess it's not an issue. I officially withdraw my suggestion. ::yes::

Well, a renter, armed with the name of the owners, could go to the Orange County Comptroller Website and at least verify that they truly are an owner. Other than that, since the owner ALWAYS has conroll of the ressie and can cancel it at anytime, there isn't any protection...even the owner with the best feeback could suddenly turn to the dark side.

DisDaydreamer said:
Well... I suppose your'e right that it is a private transaction, but if Disney is going to start punishing the buyer/renter by cancelling ressies (which I doubt will ever happen) then It seems to me Disney needs to give the buyers some sort of tool for protecting themselves from making a very costly mistake. How else can a buyer/renter obtain the information necessary. Maybe something similar to the BBB listings where one can go to see if there are any past complaints, warnings, judgements, etc. I don't know :confused3 It's not going to happen so I guess it's not an issue. I officially withdraw my suggestion. ::yes::

If ressies are ultimately cancelled, Disney is by no means punishing anyone but the commercial renter (CR). The buyer/renter can make another ressie, but the CR can't necesarilly (and shouldn't be able to) rent those points to someone else. People who want to rent should do their homework & understand the risks involved.....especially when they're getting such a bargain and so much money is involved.

DisDaydreamer said:
Actually, Disney is more likely to strenuously avoid playing ANY role in a rental transaction. It's private, they have no part in it whatsoever, and they therefore have no liability. The questions of trust and verification are not their concerns, and they are not going to make them their problem.

Have a great trip.

JimMIA said:
Actually, Disney is more likely to strenuously avoid playing ANY role in a rental transaction. It's private, they have no part in it whatsoever, and they therefore have no liability. The questions of trust and verification are not their concerns, and they are not going to make them their problem.

Have a great trip.

Agreed... I submit :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter