• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

deleted

Hi Lenny

We haven't done it yet, but will be staying in 3 different hotels in Dec/Jan.

I don't think there will be any problem leaving your luggage with the next hotel if it is too early to check in. Your room may be ready early, with a bit of luck. :D

We won't have a car either and are going to use taxis to change hotels.

We are planning to move onto the 2nd hotel early evening (having left our luggage at the 1st hotel and spent the day in the parks) and then moving onto the third hotel early morning, leaving our luggage there, going to the parks, then coming back to check in.

How many of you are there? If you have children it will take a bit more time to pack and pack again, but if you are only a couple it should be quite easy.

One tip I read on the DIS was to put all your dirty laundry and gifts bought in one bag so you know you don't have to unpack that bag again which is what i'm going to do.

If you have a week for each hotel that is great, we are doing three within 15 nights, so we'll see how we get on!

We are also finishing our trip on a high at the Polynesian, and think it will be worth the move from the Courtyard! :D

HTH :D

....... me again LOL!!
Most resorts will keep your luggage at Bell Services for you if your room isn't ready - the Disney resorts allow you to check-in, and stow your cases with Bell Services and then you are free to go to the parks. You have chosen some great hotels and they would probably do this for you too.
If you are changing over from one Disney resort to another, Disney will transfer your luggage for you, but since you are not transferring to a WDW resort, I would enquire about early check-in with the other hotels.

..... regards the hand luggage, you could use the lockers at the parks.

Lenny, I'm sure the hotel will keep your precious items such as travellers cheques, passports etc in their safe. Other items could be left in the lockers in the parks as Shirley suggested.

You are lucky there are only the two of you, I will be packing and re-packing for 2 children! We have never been for this length of time before, our longest trip has been 9 nights, so I guess this time round I will HAVE to spend some time in the laundry room! :rolleyes:

We were very lucky with our 10 Day Tickets and saved £250 on them by buying them from Virgin Holidays. I just rang to see if they had an offer on, and they did! So instead of returning to the Dolphin after the Courtyard, we are going to spend that money on the Polynesian, I can't wait! :D

Any more questions don't hesitate to ask, you can usually find an answer on these boards. :D

Lenny, I have done this before and intend to do it again in August. I love trying out different hotels and by planning well I don't think I lose too much valuable park time. There's only me and my DS and he thinks it's great trying out the different hotels. I plan my itinerary fairly rigidly and what I plan to do on a particular day will determine whether I go for an early morning check-in or a late check-in. I never tend to go for the middle of the day.
This time I am planning on leaving the Wyndham after breakfast, getting a taxi to HRH and checking in at 8:00am, this way I can make the most of that first day at US/IOA. I am also leaving the Courtyard DD early with a view to dropping my bags at ASMo and heading into the parks. Last year I did a very early check-in at the ASMu and was lucky that they had a room ready for me. All the hotels I've stayed at have either allowed me to leave my bags after checking-out or to drop my bags off before checking-in. I have always tended to keep my valuables with me but the hotels will keep them in a safety deposit box should you require. My next trip in August actually consists of five hotels (that's a record even for me). I was only intending to do three but then the offer at the Courtyard came along and I acquired a Fan Club Card for Universal Studios and got a good rate at the HRH so I just had to book them both. I would say as you are going to be there for three weeks that it's a good opportunity for you to sample some different hotels.
Tracy :)

Lenny - just the three hotels then, hey:D

When we go in October we'll be staying FIVE . . . and our friend's house - well, five when you include the Gatwick Hilton the night before we fly;)

We have a week in Orlando at the Sheraton Safari because we love this area of Lake Buena Vista, but during this week we're actually staying at HRH for one night also, for the 2 day visit to Universal planned. Then we move down to Marco Island for a week, in the middle of which we go visit friends in West Palm Beach who always insist we stay at least a night with them. Then finally on to the Keys for a couple of nights in another hotel!!

And I can't wait:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter