Delta changes same day flight change policy

idontknow

DIS Veteran
I saw this on Headline news this morning and thought I would give everyone a heads up. Delta is changing their $100 same day flight change free to $25. This is good to see, but the article says that the other airlines are not charging at all. I thought they were, though. Anyway, here is tha article if anyone wants to read it:

http://money.cnn.com/2002/12/27/pf/saving/travel/delta.reut/index.htm

The article at Delta.com is actually quite amusing. It really makes this look like a wonderful thing they are doing for their customer. They keep calling it a "new" service. ;)

I heard about this on TV this morning. It sounds like it is different than the old standby rules. They will confirm seats on a different flight for the $25 fee (if they have empty seats), rather than standby which had no advance confirmation of seats.

This is good news for business travelers. I know in my office we often find that a training session or business meeting is done early and we can catch an earlier flight. Under the old standby rules we would have to pay $100 upfront for a standby coupon with no guarantee that we will get the earlier flight. With this rule, we could confirm on an earlier flight for $25. Not bad. I don't know what our companies official policy is on the change fee, but I doubt they will pay it, they would say wait for your reserved flight. I might pay $25 to get home early, but not $100.

I was surprised to see when the airlines implemented these fees not too long ago.. Most of the airlines are bleeding red ink and I would think they last thing that they would want to do is alienate the remaining business travellers that they had...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter