Deluxe Dining Plan - 2020 - How is it working out ?

dx4100

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone

I may be asking something already answered but some of the threads have run too 25+ pages of off topic debate and I simply don't have time to find the answers.

We are 2 Adults and 2 Children (10 - Disney Adult, 6) and we have bought the deluxe dining plan and we are all in the same room.

We are staying 14 nights so will have:

Adult TS = 126 credits
Children TS = 42 credits

Given the new changes brought in this year can someone answer these questions for me:
  1. Can my 10 year old buy a children meal with a child's credit at TS and QS
  2. How much is a Child TS worth in regards to snack conversion
  3. Can my 6 year old buy a Adult meal using a adult's credit at TS and QS
  4. Can my 6 year old buy a Adult meal at a QS when there is no children menu available (for example Cassies Corner)
Thanks

1. At QS, they won't check age, you would just have to carefully monitor the amount of child credits you had left since you'd be drawing from the 6 year old's pool of meal credits. At buffets/AYCTE/any TS where the pricing is age-based flat rate for the dining experience, you cannot use a child credit for your 10 year old. At TS with a la carte menus, your mileage may vary - in MOST cases, no you won't be able to let the 10 year old order from the kids menu. BUT many of the restaurants will be willing to serve them kids menu FOOD in an adult portion if you ask, and they will charge an adult credit for it.

2. I'll let someone else chime in on this, but last I was seeing you could not convert a child's snack credit at ALL.

3. See item 1, QS won't check who you are handing a meal to. TS tends to be much stricter, and at character buffets/AYCTE/age based pricing you cannot use a child credit on a Disney adult or vice versa.

4. I'll leave this one to a recent visitor too - I heard that Caseys did add a kids menu but you have to ask for it, and it seems to be an evolving thing right now.

Sounds like your 10 yr old is more of a kid's meal eater and your 6 yr old is more of an adult meal eater. If that is the case, then you have no problem. You use the kid's credits for the 10 yr old and the adult credits for the 6 yr old. They don't care who eats what; you just have to use kid's credits for a kid's meal at all restaurants.

But let's say at restaurant A, you want 2 kids meals. You should still be okay using the kids credits for both of those meals and that would save you an adult credit for somewhere else. So now both kids could order an adult meal, if they wanted. You're just going to have to pay attention to which credits are used and how many of each you have.

The conversion of kid's credits into snacks is in flux and it a definite YMMV type thing for now. Remember, this particular way of using DDP is not written in any of Disney's literature, so it is totally up to the discretion of each place as to how they do or do not do this.

Kids being able to get an adult meal when there isn't a kid version doesn't seem to be working either. The registers have no way to accept the kid credit. It would definitely be worth an ask as this could change at any time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter