Deluxe Dining Plan Clarification

Krystalle

Earning My Ears
Sorry if I misspelled that last word. Anyway, My family and I are going next year and getting the deluxe dining plan. And I understand most everything. But I need to know whwther 3meals means (if I go to lunch or dinner) I can do either quick service or table service without penilty. Like, 50's Prime Time Cafe is a table service and I have it for lunch, and then I go to Rainforest Cafe(also table service), and I have the All-Star Movies breakfast? Deluxe Dining you can have whatever service you want?
I hope this wasn't too confusing to anyone lol

I know some stuff might be different for next year plan but I have it for this year and you get 3 Table Service meal credits per day and 2 snacks. They can be used at TS or QS. QS would be a complete waste so stick with TS. You also get apps at each meal except breakfast. Most people like to use 2 TS for signature dining while on the dxDDP. hope this info helps

Yes, you can use it for whichever service you want, all table service or all quick service or any combination you choose. No penalty. However, TS would incur an extra out of pocket cost for tips.

On the DxDDP you can choose Table Service or Counter (Quick) Service for any of your meals. You could do all TS meals, all CS meals or any combination. The credits will be available when you check in and can be used at any time during your stay.

Although the DxDDP includes an appetizer, if you use the credit at a TS breakfast where you order from a menu it will only include the entree and beverage. Also, if you use it for any CS meal (B, L, D) it will only include the entree and beverage - no dessert or appetizer since those are not components of the CS credit which makes the use of a DxDDP credit at a CS a poor value.

What are the chances for next year's DxDP?

Chances of what? The basic construction of the plan - 3 credits per night, usable at either TS or CS, appetizers included at TS lunch and dinner - is unchanged except for the additional choice of an alcoholic beverage at meals for guests 21+. We know that for sure because the plan brochures come out when packages become available for the upcoming year. The final restaurant list will be available at the tail end of this year, if history is any guide. And the unwritten rules - no separation between children's and adults' credits, which alcoholic beverages will qualify - won't be known for sure until we start seeing reports back from people who have actually used the plan in the new year.

On the DxDDP you can choose Table Service or Counter (Quick) Service for any of your meals. You could do all TS meals, all CS meals or any combination. The credits will be available when you check in and can be used at any time during your stay.

Although the DxDDP includes an appetizer, if you use the credit at a TS breakfast where you order from a menu it will only include the entree and beverage. Also, if you use it for any CS meal (B, L, D) it will only include the entree and beverage - no dessert or appetizer since those are not components of the CS credit which makes the use of a DxDDP credit at a CS a poor value.
I'm confused. AFAIK CS meals on the dining plans include dessert with lunch and dinner.

It is 3 meal CREDITS...they can be used at either counter/quick service or table service, but some table service (signature and dinner shows) do require more than one credit per meal

I'm confused. AFAIK CS meals on the dining plans include dessert with lunch and dinner.

For 2018:
Desserts have been removed for CS meals. All plans now have 2 snacks.

An alcoholic beverages has been added to each meal (for guests over 21)/specialty beverage

For 2018:
Desserts have been removed for CS meals. All plans now have 2 snacks.

An alcoholic beverages has been added to each meal (for guests over 21)/specialty beverage
Didn't realize that. I think that's an improvement.

Didn't realize that. I think that's an improvement.

Desserts were removed from all CS in January 2017. Just an FYI, since the PP quoted 2018 as the date of change. 2017 took away the dessert and added a snack and 2018 will add an alcoholic drink.

Desserts were removed from all CS in January 2017. Just an FYI, since the PP quoted 2018 as the date of change. 2017 took away the dessert and added a snack and 2018 will add an alcoholic drink.
Before posting I clicked on a link in one of the stickys. It showed the dessert being included with QS. I didn't notice a date

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter