Deluxe Dining Plan for 1 day....

I just wanted to make sure my math was correct. LOL. Sometimes when adding up credits they all start to blend together. I've never done the dining plan for just one night. Does it save money? I would think, for one night and one day to pay out of pocket would make the most sense.

I had a friend do the math for her trip- they stayed one night at POFQ and did the DxDDP for just that night. They have family in Florida, so drove up on arrival day and left the next day. So, splitting snacks on arrival then an earlier dinner at the castle (2 credits per person), then breakfast at Akershus the 2nd day and more snack before leaving for home later in the afternoon. She figured the out that the cost of the dinner at the castle was a couple dollars less than the DxDDP for the one night- so the breakfast was essentially free the next day. They did not have any other discounts, though- no DVC, no AP, no TIW. It's worth it to check the numbers for your family ahead of time, but yes a one night plan can be beneficial...

OP, I have done a split stay with my first part being DxDDP and the second being regular DDP. Mine was 2 days then 5 days. It really helped spread the credits and we got an extra day's meals out of it, which is helpful when you are leaving later in the day! As PPs have stated, you must use up all the credits before changing plans. I was also encouraged to make sure the waiter/waitress used the correct stay's credits when charging it- sometimes they can see both plans and just pull up the most recent stay. We did not have an issue, but I did verify as we ordered to be sure. I also made sure to check out at the first resort at the desk and check in at the second- just to be sure everything worked as it should. I know people have skipped the desk and not had issues, but I figured it was worth a quick stop just for my own peace of mind!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!