Deluxe dining plan on split stay

4Hawks

"Be a goldfish" - Ted Lasso
I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times, but I need to be 100% sure. We're doing a 3-night in 3-resorts split stay (WL, AKV, BC) and I'm planning to add the deluxe dining plan to night 2 (AKV), so we can spread the credits among 2 days.

1. Do I have to check-out of WL and check into AKV on day 2 before we can start using credits? Or do they become available automatically?
2. Will I be able to check into BC on day 3 without losing the remaining credits? Or are they valid until midnight no matter what?
3. Since they're all table service credits, will I be able to use them all for adult meals (our party is 2 adults and 2 kids)? I've seen mixed reports about this.

Thank you!

Truthfully it’s a bit of a pain. I did online check in. I wanted to use my credits at breakfast but Disney hadn’t processed check ins yet. I wasn’t planning to head to my new resort until after the park so I spend an hour at the front desk of my current resort getting it straightened out. If you physically check into the new hotel that may work better.

From what I understand on day 3 you need to get a print out from the front desk with your remaining credits to use that part I’ve never done. They are good until midnight however once you are check into the new resort it wont see the credits from the past stay. Quick service credits can be used for any type of meal but with TS the kids will have to get kids meals.

1. Check out of your old resort. Go to the new resort to physically check in.
2. Don't check into the 3rd resort until you have used the remaining amount of credits.
3. No, unless you have 2 other adults there and the kids aren't there. If you have 2 adults present and 2 kids present, the server should tell you that a kid's meal needs to be purchased. You might be able to ask for a kid's portion of an adult meal, but that would depend on the server.

Thanks!

I should have explained #3 better. Since the portions at Disney are large and my kids are grazers, we usually order 2 adult meals and a couple of sides for all 4 of us. If we have 12 TS credits in total, could we have 6 x 2 adult meals? or are the credits labeled as "child" and "adult"?

With dxdp there are just meal credits. You can use them as you like

Your credits won’t be available til,checkin, since it is part of your stay.

Unless you are going to any aycte, dinner shows or fixed price meals, you can share as you suggested.

I was able to avoid going to physically check in, and had my credits activated by calling guest services before heading out to the parks the morning of our switch.

1. Check out of your old resort. Go to the new resort to physically check in.
2. Don't check into the 3rd resort until you have used the remaining amount of credits.
3. No, unless you have 2 other adults there and the kids aren't there. If you have 2 adults present and 2 kids present, the server should tell you that a kid's meal needs to be purchased. You might be able to ask for a kid's portion of an adult meal, but that would depend on the server.
I’ve read the credits are good until 11:59 pm of your check out day. Those credits will be taken away if you check into another resort before this time??

I’ve read the credits are good until 11:59 pm of your check out day. Those credits will be taken away if you check into another resort before this time??
I had DlxDP last week for the Pop Century part of my split stay, which ended Wed. I checked into Bay Lake Wed afternoon (no DP on that portion of the stay) and was able to use my last 3 credits for dinner Wed night at 1900 Park Fare. In my experience, those credits are indeed good until midnight of check out day.

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times, but I need to be 100% sure. We're doing a 3-night in 3-resorts split stay (WL, AKV, BC) and I'm planning to add the deluxe dining plan to night 2 (AKV), so we can spread the credits among 2 days.

3. Since they're all table service credits, will I be able to use them all for adult meals (our party is 2 adults and 2 kids)? I've seen mixed reports about this.

Thank you!
Starting Jan 1, 2020, you can only use children's credits for children's meals, not adult meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter