Deluxe Dining Plan

We love the deluxe plan. But we always only eat twice a day because 1. It's a ton of food and 2. We do a signature everyday.

If we get hungry between meals we use a snack credit.

Just for fun and because I was curious, I just went and added up the meals on the first 2 days of our trip.

1st day
Homecomin - $118
Flying Fish -$217
Total for the day $335 or &167.50 each

2nd day
Coral Reef- $124
Yachtsmans - $177.10 ( I took a pic of this receipt)
Total for the day $301.10 or $150.55 each

This doesn't even include the snacks or the mugs. So for us, yes it's worth it financially to get the Deluxe plan. But to be honest, I've never done the math before and I still felt like it was worth it.
We love being able to pay off our trip over time and splurge on meals we would never dream of paying for back home. We don't purposely order the most expensive thing, we just order what sounds good. We're just able to enjoy ourselves without stressing out about how much the credit card bill will be when we get home.

When I've spoken with reps they never mentioned the no appetizer for breakfast but there it is. I've done the Deluxe once and it was great but you feel like you are eating all the time and are always full. If you make it a foodie trip it's great. If I do it again and I probably will I will make it part of a split stay and not an entire trip. I'm just wondering how much it will go up when I return to the parks next year. I can't imagine it will still be $120.

We started out our disney trips with the regular dining plan.... but as we started doing more signature dining we just loved doing them and the food by and large was so superior. We have been doing the Deluxe dining plans for the past 4-5 trips now and it is something we now look forward to as much as we do the parks. We work so hard in our jobs and daily life esp. of late since both my husband and I are both nurses and essential personnel. that this is our treat to ourselves and even though it is very expensive we feel it is worth the price, not having to worry about paying out of pocket for our meals and knowing we will all enjoy our meals, snacks, beverages etc. Our kids now grown feel the same way- I always remember the old saying, you get what you pay for. For us we don't go every year sometimes its several years in between so it gives us time to save up for it. It is such a personal decision for each family and I totally respect what a person feels is best for their family. :)

At quick service places can I use a kids credit to pay for an adult I know it’s gotta be a kids item. I’m look at woodys lunchbox. Something small light. The kids meal is perfect

At quick service places can I use a kids credit to pay for an adult I know it’s gotta be a kids item. I’m look at woodys lunchbox. Something small light. The kids meal is perfect

If you ask for a kid's meal and you have kid's credits, the system should take the kid's credit without even having to ask.

That’s what I thought. But on the other hand going to Epcot and somerset doesn’t have a kids menu. Getting hot dogs and a soda will they use the kids credits? Same with UK. No kids menu

That’s tougher

the change in kids credits happened this year and we did not get a lot of reports before this world changed

I don’t know what will happen at either of those places.
has anyone actually gone to either of these places after jan 1 And used a child as credit?

That’s what I thought. But on the other hand going to Epcot and somerset doesn’t have a kids menu. Getting hot dogs and a soda will they use the kids credits? Same with UK. No kids menu

If those places still do not have a kid's menu, my guess is they will not use a kid's credit. The early reports were that at these places, you couldn't use a kid's credit to purchase anything.

Thanks, that’s what I was recalling too. Who knows what will be the case when they reopen

Ok. Let me understand. If they do not offer a kids menu kids can not eat there with the dining plan. I mean a hot dog is about the same price as a kids meal.

Ok. Let me understand. If they do not offer a kids menu kids can not eat there with the dining plan. I mean a hot dog is about the same price as a kids meal.

Price has nothing to do with it. The registers have now been set to use credits for the appropriate meal. If there is no kid's meal, the registers have no way to "ring you up."

You make a very good point. I can’t imagine needing 6 appetizers at each meal. That is just way too much food. Maybe we just do the regular dining plan and pay out of pocket for appetizers and drinks. I considered Tables in Wonderland to cover the extras but I’m not certain its worth it.
You can call and have credits applied to the hoop de do and will reimburse your money back

I am the original poster of this thread. The trip we had planned for May 2020, was obviously cancelled due to COVID-19. We have rescheduled for May 2021 and we will have a new guest with us, our new grand baby boy who will be 8 months old. Again, I am considering Deluxe Dining vs Regular Dining Plan. We are doing 3 nights in Grande Villa at Bay Lake Tower and then 8 nights at Beach Club, have a 2 bedroom and studio booked. I’m so tempted to just splurge on Deluxe plan, especially since our last trip was cancelled. I love the idea of signature dining every night and a character breakfast.

Sooooo... Not only is there no DDP being offered at the moment, that INCLUDES TIW. We just did our annual Sep family trip where we planned to use standard DP for the second half of our split stay, but could not. We let our TIW expire earlier this year with plans to purchase just before our Sep trip, but obviously that also did not work out... Who knows what will happen before may 2021 - including the possibility they could decide to make changes to the DDP. Remember they had just added an intermediate tier (DDP+) at the beginning of 2020. I personally think you may have table the whole idea until earl 2021 and just see where things are headed then. Having said that, if the plans return before your trip, the new "plus" option may be a good one. As a 1st time grandparent of a now 2-1/2 yr old, who has been to Disney Parks at least 6-7 times, I can assure you your meal planning will be affected. Of course, at 8mos. sleeping in a stroller during meals will still be a viable option.

We were supposed to go in June 2020 to the Polynesian Club Level until the pandemic blew our plans out of the water.

When we booked July 2021, we planned on getting the Deluxe Dining Plan.

No dining plans until September 2021 is terrible news. My biggest concern is that we won’t be able to eat at the same signature restaurants where we are accustomed to dining.:(

As of may disney announced that all dining plans canceled through sept 26, 2021.

whi knows what’s next. They can reinstate at any time. They can extend it indefinitely. Since normal dining plan negotiations are finished typically by year end, again who knows when they will be back.

my personal opinion, backed by nothing, is until Disney fully reopens with no restrictions we won’t see all the resorts and restaurants opened. And we won’t see the dining plans return until then.

2022 is my guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!