Deluxe dining - quick reviews, tons of restaurants

lemondog

<font color=darkorchid>My twins fight over who too
Just got back from an 8-day trip with DxDDP. Quick reviews - sorry no pics, my teenagers absolutely rebelled, lol.

Where we ate:
Landscape of Flavors
Ohana dinner
Casey’s Corner
Garden Grill breakfast
Coral Reef
Chef Art Smith’s Homecoming
Crystal Palace breakfast
Tony’s Town Square
Hollywood & Vine lunch
Teppan Edo
Be Our Guest breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern
Kona breakfast AND dinner
1900 Park Fare breakfast
California Grill
Tusker House breakfast
Le Cellier

Reviews to come!

Landscapes of Flavors...

We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner here. Having eaten at several QS resort restaurants, this is definitely one of the better ones. Several different stations, with everything from burgers, to pizza, pasta, sandwiches, salads and a world section with Indian, Italian, etc.

Breakfasts are your usual QS selections. The waffles are mini waffles with imprinted designs from Nemo, Cars and Lion King, For lunch one day I had the Mongolian Chicken Bowl which was jasmine rice, Mongolian chicken and stir fry veggies. Quite tasty and filling. For dinner it was Tandoori Chicken with jasmine rice and roasted Brussels sprouts. One piece of chicken was excellent, but the other was horribly overcooked and dry. Very well flavored. The Brussels sprouts were delicious.

There is also a large section of pastries, grab and go selections (inluding whole birthday cakes) and a Gelato station. Great QS if you are ever in AoA.

Ohana dinner...

Always a first night tradition for us. The meats were chicken (excellently cooked and flavored), peel and eat shrimp (delicious but I hate having to peel them) and steak (the round we got was too overcooked for us, we like ours medium rare). Noodles were yummy, excellent dumplings and chicken wings, stir fry veggies (wish it was still just broccoli) and of course the yummy pineapple coconut bread with sweet butter. They seem to have completely eliminated the bananas from the Bananas Foster Bread Pudding, but it was still delicious and remains one of my favorite desserts on property.

Ohana continues to be a favorite, we will return!

Casey's Corner...

We have never eaten at Casey's so we decided to try it on our arrival day. One daughter had the Mac and cheese dog, one had the chili cheese dog, 2 had the mini corn dogs, and hubby and I split a foot long. Hot dogs were good, they basically tasted like a Costco hot dog. The girls all seemed to like theirs. The fries were just ok, as most QS fries on property seem to be. If it's super hot best to eat at an off time as there are limited indoor tables. We would eat here again.

Garden Grill...

We have eaten here for lunch before and loved it! We decided to go for breakfast this time so we would be inside the park for rope drop. This meal is served family style and includes a skillet of warm cinnamon roles, fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, bacon, tater tots and Mickey waffles with Nutella sauce. The cinnamon rolls were to die for, the fruit was juicy and fresh. Everything else was pretty standard. Our ADR was for 8:35 but they will seat you when you arrive, so we made sure to be at the turnstiles by 7:45 and we had made our way to The Land and were seated by 8:05. We had eaten our fill and seen all the characters by 8:40 and we were very happy to learn they allowed us to get in line for Soarin' and ride it immediately! We were able to ride twice before the park even opened at 9:00. That in itself makes this meal worth every penny!

Coral Reef...

We ate here back in 2008 and loved it but had not been back since so we decided to try it again. Our lunch ADR was for 1:05 and we checked in around 12:50. We were finally seated around 1:10. We were in the back of the very top and the way the walls are built, it made it impossible to see into the tank without standing up, and even then we could not make out the fish inside very well. Disappointing. Our service was fine, but the food was not very good. We all had Lobster Bisque which was entirely too thick and rich to enjoy more than a few sips. I had the Mahi-Mahi which was very overcooked and rather bland. Hubby had a steak which was just okay. Being on the Deluxe plan they allowed me to order a soda AND a cocktail which was nice. I know it's technically supposed to be one or the other but not both. We were not thrilled with this meal and doubt we will return anytime soon.

Chef Art Smith's Homecoming...

We had a 6:30 ADR here and were seated promptly at 6:30. All I can say is....HOLY FOOD, BATMAN! I have never seen so much food in my life. If we had been thinking clearly we would have used only 3 credits between the 6 of us and split everything. But seeing as well had 6 credits, we decided to try 6 different appetizers. Favorites by far were the fried green tomatoes, deviled eggs and hushpuppies. We also tried the chicken sliders (good), chicken and dumpling soup (super hearty - easily a meal by itself) and the Jasper board which had crackers, pimiento cheese (excellent), shaved ham, pickles, and smoked fish dip (I almost gagged, not my cup of tea). For entrees we pretty much all had a variation of the fried chicken which was very very good! We sampled all of the desserts except the Shine Cake. The chocolate cake and hummingbird cake were dry, the Chocolate Pecan Pie was the clear winner - it was delicious! If you like good southern cooking and a LOT of it, I suggest you eat here.

Crystal Palace...

We always try and do an 8:00 ADR here to get inside the park before rope drop. The food was good. My favorite is still and will always be the breakfast lasagna! Love the Pooh characters. Unfortunately eating here before park opening doesn't give you TOO much of a head start. Our plan was to rope drop Big Thunder Mountain. Well, they hold everyone at the rope as you enter Adventureland, then they hold you AGAIN before entering Frontierland until all the masses reach you. Kind of defeats the purpose of eating in the park early. Oh well. It was still good food and great characters. Remains a favorite!

Loving your reports! Thank you! We are trying CAS Homecoming next trip, glad to hear you loved the food.

Enjoying your reviews! I will have to try a pre-open Garden Grill. I've always wanted to try that cinnamon bun that they serve. My 19-year-old DD is afraid of the characters, so we don't do many character meals.:rolleyes:

Chef Art Smith's Homecoming...

We had a 6:30 ADR here and were seated promptly at 6:30. All I can say is....HOLY FOOD, BATMAN! I have never seen so much food in my life. If we had been thinking clearly we would have used only 3 credits between the 6 of us and split everything. But seeing as well had 6 credits, we decided to try 6 different appetizers. Favorites by far were the fried green tomatoes, deviled eggs and hushpuppies. We also tried the chicken sliders (good), chicken and dumpling soup (super hearty - easily a meal by itself) and the Jasper board which had crackers, pimiento cheese (excellent), shaved ham, pickles, and smoked fish dip (I almost gagged, not my cup of tea). For entrees we pretty much all had a variation of the fried chicken which was very very good! We sampled all of the desserts except the Shine Cake. The chocolate cake and hummingbird cake were dry, the Chocolate Pecan Pie was the clear winner - it was delicious! If you like good southern cooking and a LOT of it, I suggest you eat here.

My DH and I ate there last fall on the Deluxe Dining Plan and we ate less than half of the food presented to us. We agreed that if we ever go back, we will definitely just use one credit and share.

We have Homing booked for our Feb 2020 trip for brunch. I cannot wait to try the chocolate pecan pie.

Following along looking forward to reading more.

I also love Homecomin’. I had brunch last trip and that was awesome. Had Garden Grill breakfast for the first time in May and agree with you - it is great. Would do again .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter