deluxe plan and quick service

melana

DIS Veteran
i was under the impression you could use your credits for quick service if on the Delux plan. I was able to do it for breakfast the other morning but today at yorkshire fish Shoppe they said I had no quick service credits and only dining credits.

I was too hot and tired to argue and the line was long and I didn’t want to hold people up.

Was I under the wrong assumption? Is there anyway I can get this fixed and it not charge to my room. No big deal if it does, just curious.

The deluxe plan has meal credits that are valid for both table and counter service restaurants. Sounds like the cashier wasn’t properly trained.

On the other hand, a deluxe credit is worth about $35, so the cashier may have done you a favor by not allowing you to use it on a $12 meal.

Thanks. And I decided to do another signature meal so I am glad he did it. Just wanted to know if I was missing something.

Thanks. And I decided to do another signature meal so I am glad he did it. Just wanted to know if I was missing something.
For future reference - if you had wanted to do so you could have had Guest Services at your resort reverse the charges on your resort account and use your Dining Plan credit instead.

You have to alert the cashier that you want to use a Deluxe credit. They are used to pressing "quick service credit" rather than "deluxe."

You can definitely use your deluxe dining credit on either a QS or a TS. You can also trade a deluxe credit for 3 snacks, the same way you can a QS credit on the regular plan. The CM you encountered was incorrect in this case. I don't say what type of credit it is when I'm redeeming, I just say "dining plan" and never had an issue with a deluxe credit anywhere. Perhaps they were just new and haven't had to do it that often.

Sounds like you decided on a signature to use up the extra credit, which will give you better value anyway, but in future your concierge or guest services can fix up errors in dining plan redemptions for you after the fact.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter