Deni: Jaleo review

Monykalyn

DIS Veteran
Can we please have Deni in charge of the Disney Dining Review shows from now on? Or at least lots more with her as lead? I know the podcast has seen some changes recently. This review show seems -to me anyway- to capture the best from both formats (in restaurant review vs studio review). Maybe add an immediate after dining “quick after thoughts” vlog. But pleeeaaassee keep Deni doing the overall moderator. She’s prepared, smooth, knows how to pronounce food names (though I do get a chuckle with Fiasco’s mispronounced names), and is fantastic at the pacing of the show. I like Pete’s shows when he’s lead too, but he definitely has his set and firm preferences; nothing wrong with that but it’s nice to see food other than steak :P

Anyway count me in with the Deni Fan Club!

Agree that Deni does a wonderful job with the reviews. Also suspect that if she doesn't know how to pronounce the name of a dish, she does her homework so is prepared to craft a smooth and professional review. Please correct me if I'm reading too much into the post, but I would stress that the other members of the DIS Teams definitely do make their own unique and helpful contribution. No doubt many DIS viewers appreciate their honest and forthright reactions even if pronunciations are a little rough around the edges. The Jaleo review is a great example of how the team collectively contributes to make a fun, interesting and helpful review. Pointing out that Jaleo is not a good value on the DP is good information to share. I might add that Jaleo participated in the last Visit Orlando Magical Dining Month program (held each August-September for 5 weeks) so for $35 + tax and tip that would be a great way to sample Jaleo without breaking the bank. Steve was right that OOP is the way to enjoy Jaleo. If you are at DW in late summer or very early fall, that program might help you stick to your budget provided you are adventurous enough to eat within a limited menu. A small portion of your $35 supports a local charity so there's that. Maybe something for the dining team to mark on their calendar for next year. I'd be curious to know how Jaleo would view sharing tapas under that program considering that tapas small plates are really meant to be shared and sampled. Thanks again for entertaining and helpful dining reviews. :thumbsup2

Please correct me if I'm reading too much into the post, but I would stress that the other members of the DIS Teams definitely do make their own unique and helpful contribution
Oh I like each team members contributions, especially as a couple of them have definite preferences and that’s fun to compare. I just thought this was one of the smoothest dining reviews I can remember.

Totally agree on the magical dining month- took advantage of that in September at Amatista (Universal) - fantastic deal!

I just watched it an I have to say I liked the format of Pete hosting but having not been to the meal and another team member taking the lead. I think it was great how Pete would stop and ask clarifying questions, etc and I think Deni did a great job covering the overall meal

Maybe something to keep going with (not that it has to always be Pete that doesn't go - but maybe one person doesn't go and sort of represents the viewer to ask questions)

I need to watch this one. I went to Jaleo earlier this month and really enjoyed it. We didn’t do a full meal though and rather ate several appetizers at the bar.

I was interested in this as we have it booked for our next trip (actually have it for lunch after my wife does her RunDisney event). So gathering views. Seems like a lot like Toldeo what you select can vary your experience

I need to watch this one. I went to Jaleo earlier this month and really enjoyed it. We didn’t do a full meal though and rather ate several appetizers at the bar.

Honestly, this is the best way to do Jaleo. The tapas is where they shine the most. I've been to Jaleo in D.C. area a few times and never actually ordered an "entree." Just tapas and desserts and it was always amazing.

Honestly, this is the best way to do Jaleo. The tapas is where they shine the most. I've been to Jaleo in D.C. area a few times and never actually ordered an "entree." Just tapas and desserts and it was always amazing.

Haven't been to Jaleo yet but that is how we did Toledo - just shared a bunch of tapas and pachinos (sp?) and really enjoyed it

I do wonder if this is a trend of sharing smaller portions/appetizers and will subside.?.?.?

Agree that Deni does a wonderful job with the reviews. Also suspect that if she doesn't know how to pronounce the name of a dish, she does her homework so is prepared to craft a smooth and professional review. Please correct me if I'm reading too much into the post, but I would stress that the other members of the DIS Teams definitely do make their own unique and helpful contribution.

She is incredibly articulate and appeals to me in that sense. Her preparation sets a new standard in reviewers and should be "the" bar for future contributors. Teach your core staff that they can grow by osmosis.

I just watched it an I have to say I liked the format of Pete hosting but having not been to the meal and another team member taking the lead. I think it was great how Pete would stop and ask clarifying questions, etc and I think Deni did a great job covering the overall meal

Maybe something to keep going with (not that it has to always be Pete that doesn't go - but maybe one person doesn't go and sort of represents the viewer to ask questions)
I haven’t seen it but agree with the idea.
The Dreams show works well for this reason. Tracey interviews John/Kevin and vice versa. It’s often better if one side wasn’t there because they ask a lot of questions trying to understand how it worked. They get excited about new things which is contagious and can laugh with friends when things go awry.

Last edited:
I can never find the dis dining review podcasts Any more. Don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

John -- when will you and Kevin start doing dining reviews again? I miss the days of the 'sad little crab cake'!!

Kevin and I have been asked to participate in any restaurant review we want. We're just so busy that it's hard to make the time and get away to do them with the team. We did the Jaleo review on the Dreams show just because we happen to eat there on our own right before we did a recording.

We'll try to participate in some in the future

I was interested in this as we have it booked for our next trip (actually have it for lunch after my wife does her RunDisney event). So gathering views. Seems like a lot like Toldeo what you select can vary your experience

Jaleo offers a lot more in terms of tapas options than Toledo. While I enjoyed Toledo (get a side of the Manchego Mashed Potatoes), Jaleo was waaay better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!