Deni should get her own show

Because she is articulate and she gives A more in-depth review that someone like me is interested in hearing. If I haven’t been to a restaurant before then I appreciate her her point of view and explanation to help paint a picture of what I should expect with the food.

I love everyone on the shows, but the same old old review of “The steak it was uummm it just cooked really how like I like it” doesn’t get me excited enough book a reservation for my next trip. Steve was always funny for his review of the kids menu mac & cheese and chicken nuggets that he always ordered, but even my seven-year-old doesn’t order from the kids menu. I think Deni and Pete are the only ones who legitimately go out to eat at better restaurants and enjoy the experience of doing so. I think for the most part everyone else is going because Pete is taking them. And that is fine, but I’m a foodie and I want to legitimate review of the food, service, and atmosphere.

Because she is articulate and she gives A more in-depth review that someone like me is interested in hearing. If I haven’t been to a restaurant before then I appreciate her her point of view and explanation to help paint a picture of what I should expect with the food.

I love everyone on the shows, but the same old old review of “The steak it was uummm it just cooked really how like I like it” doesn’t get me excited enough book a reservation for my next trip. Steve was always funny for his review of the kids menu mac & cheese and chicken nuggets that he always ordered, but even my seven-year-old doesn’t order from the kids menu. I think Deni and Pete are the only ones who legitimately go out to eat at better restaurants and enjoy the experience of doing so. I think for the most part everyone else is going because Pete is taking them. And that is fine, but I’m a foodie and I want to legitimate review of the food, service, and atmosphere.

It'd be nice, but Deni is always positive about everything in the park. I have yet to see her say anything negative during the group shows. That would pose for a very uninteresting "own show" in that respect. Having someone constantly positive all the time adds to the dynamic in group chats!

Since your first reason is "that she is articulate", maybe a better option for her own show would be some kind of daily news, much like the daily fix, where she can read the news or something like that!

Lol, she has been well liked and there has been multiple threads about it.

John even mentioned people had been emailing requesting her as their TA. (Of course she is part of the content team, not a TA.)

I would love her to get her own segment but I would be curious to see what she’d come up.

It'd be nice, but Deni is always positive about everything in the park. I have yet to see her say anything negative during the group shows. That would pose for a very uninteresting "own show" in that respect. Having someone constantly positive all the time adds to the dynamic in group chats!

Since your first reason is "that she is articulate", maybe a better option for her own show would be some kind of daily news, much like the daily fix, where she can read the news or something like that!

I have a suspicion that you might be Charles.

Thanks for elaborating.

I'd just like to observe that since everybody's taste is different the reviewer is a huge variable. I know in the "old days" when John & Kevin did the restaurant reviews that I really enjoyed them. But more importantly, I knew from experience that my taste was very similar to theirs. So if they gave a place a good review, it was high on my list.

I don't have quite the same experience with the other reviewers. That's not to say they are bad reviewers. Its just that we have different likes and priorities.

I came here to post the exact same thing! I would love to see Deni host her own show, or even host an all female episode of the main show with Jackie, Julie, Kathy, and Teresa (and anyone else I may have forgotten).
I don’t know that I necessarily agree that she loves everything, but I can see why others would get that impression. She does an excellent job of expressing criticism in a positive way.
I also wouldn’t mind if she did a walking tour of Celebration at Halloween or Christmas since I am a former resident and I miss it sometimes.

I will say a vlog of Celebration at Halloween or Christmas would be awesome, residents DEFINITELY go all out!

As far as hosts of anything - I'm sure there are times we all have some we like better than others, or on some topics, etc. But I also think everybody has their ups and downs, and pluses and minuses - kind of like how life is! And I like the variety and interaction between everybody, and changing casts of characters. Besides - I wouldn't want to hurt anybody's feelings, just like I wouldn't want anybody to hurt mine. :o And I'm sure everybody always tries his/her best, especially lately - SO much content, SO much hard work! And I KNOW all comments or suggestions are taken to heart, because I've seen things change that I KNOW were mentioned here. Just to give credit where credit's due.

Last edited:
Deni always comes across very professional and she is a pleasure to listen to however I agree with above sentiments that she is always positive to the point that I don't take her reviews too seriously because I already know she loved it.

I feel like she’s honest and doesn’t have an issue being critical. She’s brings an adult perspective to the food review IMO

Deni wrote an article on making a Disney recipe at home that was very well done, perhaps she could host a DIY Disney at Home show?

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of one negative thing she’s ever said about anything disney related. That’s not a bad thing, If that’s how she feels about everything. It does however get a little Lou Mongello esque.

I know in the "old days" when John & Kevin did the restaurant reviews that I really enjoyed them. But more importantly, I knew from experience that my taste was very similar to theirs. So if they gave a place a good review, it was high on my list.
I LOVED Kevin and John's reviews! They were funny, informative, detail-oriented, and (like you) often aligned with what my ultimate impression of the restaurant would be. I really do miss them, I would love to see them do a few more in the future. When they did the Wonderland review a month or two ago, it reminded just how much I enjoyed their reviews. It inspired me to go back and re-listen to a few of their older reviews back from the audio-only shows (their Shutters review is still as entertaining as ever lol).

By the way, this isn't a commentary on any of the current dining reviews; I just particularly loved their style and approach to it.

Deni always comes across very professional and she is a pleasure to listen to however I agree with above sentiments that she is always positive to the point that I don't take her reviews too seriously because I already know she loved it.

For me it’s almost like she’s tooooo nice & professional that she’s not a real person if that makes sense. I appreciate Pete’s perspective on a lot of things because I feel he gives honest reviews. If it’s bad - it’s bad. If it’s good - it’s good. But, I do appreciate some sarcasm & eye rolls & dryness. I just feel like she’s a little too “goody goody” for me & that I’d corrupt her 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!