Deposit for Timeshare Store

maznorm

Mouseketeer
Hi, I am trying to figure out how to pay my deposit for a resale. I have been told I can either use a credit card ($45 charge) or a us money order. I am a bit wary about using my cc because on top of the $45 charge, if it is declined there will be further $45 charges. I called my cc company and they can't guarantee it will go through without being flagged even though I have informed them.

So, any ideas where I can get a us money order from? Someone advised Fairfx but there minimum is less than our deposit so it's a no go.

When I've sent money for deposit and purchase I used a bank transfer and I think I overpaid, due to bad exchange rate and the transfer fees.
If I'd ever have to transfer gain, I would use a service like:
https://transferwise.com

I have never used it, but it looks promising. Have a look at it.

A bank transfer is the only way to make a large transfer of money, your bank will be able to do it and it doesn't cost a great deal. The majority of the transfer fees are the $45 charges by M V T who are the company who process the sale for TTS :) There is a $45 for the deposit and another for the final payment if I recall correctly.

I paid my depoait with no problems on my CC then a bank transfer for the balance. Bank transfer charges weren't much lower than CC.

Use xe.com - Seriously - anything else will cost you more.

Total costs of £12.50 this end $20 other end for any TTS deposit from my purchase a few weeks ago - it appears as a domestic wire to magic vacation title, so only $20 to pay their end, so up the total amount sent by 20$ - xe.com will add £12.50 to the uk price. It's simple, easy, has 24/7 support and I found out about it from other purchases on another disney forum.

I just purchased 200 points, used this method for both... If you bank with barclays it's 3-4 hours to get the transfer across, may vary with other banks - It's about half the price and a better exchange rate than the bank will give.

As a comparison- paying the final sum I got rate of 1.66, when barclays quoted 1.61

I should note the 3-4 hours was on my 2nd wire. First one took 24 hours. Should clarify that - I think xe.com do checking on a first transfer

They told me that the $45 is payable regardless whether it's a wire or credit card payment.

I paid the deposit on a credit card and swallowed the $45 fee, then I paid the remainder via a wire from HI fx, If I was doing it now I would probably use Transferwise, as they seem to be a bit cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter