Description/pictures of the Copenhagen cruise terminal?

PHamrick

Mouseketeer
I’m look for any information, experiences or descriptions of the port in Copenhagen. I’d especially like to know how quickly you can get there from city center, how fast the lines were, really anything. Thank you!!!

The terminal is pretty far from the city center and not very accessible. We stayed in one of the closest hotels and still had a 20 min cab ride to get there. It’s located in the commercial port, so there are lots of trucks and containers moving in the area. Inside, it’s pretty much like any other DCL terminal, with multiple windows and specific lines for new or return guests. There is plenty of seating if you need to wait for your boarding group to be called.

Last edited:
Disney docks at Oceankaj.

Visit Copenhagen has direction and cost for getting to the cruiseport. https://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/transportation/and-cruise-terminals

Disney has directions from the airport : When you arrive from the Airport take the Metro to Nørreport Station – 15 minutes. (The airport Metro station is located at the end of Terminal 3 and is covered by the roof of the terminal. The Metro operates at 4-6 minute intervals during the day and evening hours.) Change to the S-train C line (towards Klampenborg) and get off at Osterport Station. From Osterport Station, board Bus 26 which will service the Oceankaj terminal. Shuttle buses will run between Østerport station and Oceankaj from 8 AM until 4 PM.

When we were there we walked to see the little mermaid status about 15 minutes. We actually walked all the way to the Central Station passing most of the major tourist sites but that is a long walk with many great places to stop ( royal apartments, Tivoli, Nyhavn, Stroget ).

I have found this one inside picture. It is a panoramic so it takes a minute to orient oneself.

DCLBlog_IMG_5419_Copenhagen-Cruise-Terminal-1-Panorama.jpg

We will be at the Adina on the outbound leg and it is 4.7km to the terminal. You do have to transit through a commercial port to get to the cruise terminal. I figure a taxi driver will not have a problem with it.

We stayed near Tivoli and the ride to the port was around 1/2 hour (roughly, can't remember off the top of my head - cab driver was a nice enough guy but a little scary). The cab dropped us off at the building next door to the one where you check in. You drop your bags off there and then head to the next building to do check in (plenty of people there directing you once you step out of the cab toward the building!).

Normally we don't arrive at the port before boarding begins (don't like the crowds and have no reason to rush aboard). We headed to port in Copenhagen earlier than we normally do so they hadn't started boarding. The terminal was crowded. We are platinum and the line for that was even slow moving. Trying to get through the crowd was difficult. There was not enough room for everyone to sit while waiting so they crowded the aisles. So when they did start boarding we had a hard time getting through the crowd. Definitely a time we should have stuck to our normal plan and arrive after boarding started.

I might have a photo that I'd have to dig for but the terminal is pretty non-descript. The photo a pp included above does show that there aren't many Disney touches there as it is a shared terminal.

Agree. It is a very industrial area, and far from the city center. It was our first DCL cruise so I had no preconceived notions of how a DCL terminal should look.

If flying in early, stay in the city center and take a cab. There is a bus stop at the front gate, but it's a longish walk to the pier, and I think the bus doesn't run certain days. (from what I've read on TA.)

It was crowded, and we had a late PAT. We also had issues with check in, I think due to the person checking us in being either new and/or non-English as a first language. Eight family members, 3 generations, several shared names either first or middle, and my last name hyphenated. She had a HARD time getting the right person checked into the right room. It took almost an hour to get checked in.

We took a city bus from the main train station, as we stayed in Copenhagen for 3 nights before our cruise last June. It was easy to do and they have buses that take you a few steps from the cruise terminal building.

We stayed near Tivoli and the ride to the port was around 1/2 hour (roughly, can't remember off the top of my head - cab driver was a nice enough guy but a little scary). The cab dropped us off at the building next door to the one where you check in. You drop your bags off there and then head to the next building to do check in (plenty of people there directing you once you step out of the cab toward the building!).

Normally we don't arrive at the port before boarding begins (don't like the crowds and have no reason to rush aboard). We headed to port in Copenhagen earlier than we normally do so they hadn't started boarding. The terminal was crowded. We are platinum and the line for that was even slow moving. Trying to get through the crowd was difficult. There was not enough room for everyone to sit while waiting so they crowded the aisles. So when they did start boarding we had a hard time getting through the crowd. Definitely a time we should have stuck to our normal plan and arrive after boarding started.

I might have a photo that I'd have to dig for but the terminal is pretty non-descript. The photo a pp included above does show that there aren't many Disney touches there as it is a shared terminal.

Thanks for all the info. We are planning to do a little bit of touring in the morning (Rosenborg and/or Amalienborg), so it sounds like we will hopefully miss the crowds. I'm assuming if we leave Amalienborg area around 1:30 we should have plenty of time to arrive, check in and settle in before we leave. With 19 people in our group, we definitely want to avoid the crowds if possible!!

Agree. It is a very industrial area, and far from the city center. It was our first DCL cruise so I had no preconceived notions of how a DCL terminal should look.

If flying in early, stay in the city center and take a cab. There is a bus stop at the front gate, but it's a longish walk to the pier, and I think the bus doesn't run certain days. (from what I've read on TA.)

It was crowded, and we had a late PAT. We also had issues with check in, I think due to the person checking us in being either new and/or non-English as a first language. Eight family members, 3 generations, several shared names either first or middle, and my last name hyphenated. She had a HARD time getting the right person checked into the right room. It took almost an hour to get checked in.

YIKES. We've got 19 people to check in and some room changes to make. I'll figure in extra time to get it all right. Thanks!

Oh wow, how long was that line? What time of day was that?
Ok,

First photo from my verandah is mine, the second photo I had seen for research for our cruise meets group. When I saw this thread I posted mine and then went to google the second I had seen. So I can't be exact on the second one, bar it is about 2016, from the photo date.

Now on our embarkation 2016 we got there early say 10 am, and there was a queue say already 30 deep, the terminal has a small lobby, then security, then a small terminal to check in.

The queue on ours was around the block before 10.30 am, I would not be able to see how far.

Words I would use.
Small.
Disorder.
Confusion.
Slow.

I would say all seats in terminal were gone 10.40 am, the queue will be worst 10 .15 to 1 pm.

Note on cruises that call in Copenhagen but do not start/end they use a dock nearer the city, near the little mermaid.

Ok,
Now on our embarkation 2016 we got there early say 10 am, and there was a queue say already 30 deep, the terminal has a small lobby, then security, then a small terminal to check in.

The queue on ours was around the block before 10.30 am, I would not be able to see how far.

Words I would use.
Small.
Disorder.
Confusion.
Slow.

I would say all seats in terminal were gone 10.40 am, the queue will be worst 10 .15 to 1 pm.

Note on cruises that call in Copenhagen but do not start/end they use a dock nearer the city, near the little mermaid.

Sounds promising. So much to look forward to. :faint:

Yes it was raining heavy when we embarked.

And it looks like there is no cover. Well, it's better to go there prepared for the worst. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Well, based on all that, I'm definitely going to take my time getting to the port! We had planned to visit Rosenborg and Amalienborg earlier in that day since R opens at 9 am and we weren't in any hurry to get on the boat. If the worst time of the day is 10:15 to 1, I'll make sure to get there closer to 2 or after...

We were there last year, I think we were on the same cruise as Acquaduck, and we got to the port early and I don't remember it being crowded at all. We definitely didn't have to wait outside, and yes it was raining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter