Designers in training..Photoshop elements newbies

I am bad just going through the tread and seeing who is looking for something no one has commented on, then attempting to do what they ask! Not putting anything out there, but trying!

I'm Lisa...I'm a nurse in Pittsburgh, Pa.....my PSE 10 should b here tomorrow!!! I'm going away though so won't get it till Sunday. I'm gonna join the group that rust man suggested. So, to those beginners who just started...anyone startbwith name fills?? Easy?

I'm a nurse in State College, PA!! What a coincidence!

I'm so glad someone started this thread! I got PSE 10 a couple of weeks ago and have been pouring over youtube videos trying to learn the basics...I made a couple of name fills after much cursing and sweat...lol...but they are nowhere near what I want them to be. I will definetely be checking out that link that Marion posted, thanks for that! And thanks for the tips about the Mickey Head and keeping organized! If I get brave, I will post what I have done already... :) I haven't been able to work on it much this week because I have been focused on taking ACLS! Great thread, again!:banana:

OK now I feel left out I am not a RN! I am a SAHM, but I am sure with my boys will need a RN soon!

And Welcome silverwolfe! I am sure we will have fun on here!

I work at the big UPMC Presbyterian hospital ..700 beds! :offtopic:
I do the resource pool (get more money) but you go to the unit they tell you to go. I call in 1 hour before work and they give me my assignment.. I dont need benefits, DH works there full-time too, so I stay on Casual. ACLS. been there and done that one!:offtopic:

Is there a tuturiol that is really good for name fills?

I used this tutorial...it's basic but it gets the job done!

http://www.photoshop911.com/type/image_in_type.html

I just made my first mickey head disign...I'm kinda proud of myself despite the fact that it is SUPER basic lol. (I would share but IDK how to add an image?)

I'm on the IV team at the hospital I work at, but worked Postpartum for the first 8 years of my career. I loved it and miss all those babies!

its a skill!!!

the directions look easy but its not specific enough for a brand new person. My picture im using turns into the background as soon as I open it. I save lives everyday, but i can't make my opened image anything but background, lol

LOL you will get it, I kept having issues with mine.

You can open a photobucket account (its free for basic) and then upload to the account, it will give you the code and link to use in your post.
Or just let us know what your photobucket address is and we can spy on it as you add stuff!

you make me sick:rotfl2:

You are officially kicked off the newbie thread for being a liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your project is perfect. Were you clueless when you first started?

Absolutely!!!! It's the first thing I've ever made, besides the letter "A" filled with Remy which took me forever...sad I know.

To make your pics not a background, right click them and hit duplicate layer then rename it. That apparently is what makes it "editable". At least that is what some sites have said. Thats what I had to do on the name fill tutorial.

once you are more comfortable with PSE, know that the web has zillions of free additional patterns, shapes, layer styles, gradients and brushes that you can install !!

its a skill!!!

the directions look easy but its not specific enough for a brand new person. My picture im using turns into the background as soon as I open it. I save lives everyday, but i can't make my opened image anything but background, lol
Ctrl-J is a short key stroke that will create another layer of your background so you can change anything you want on it. Our instructor had us do that to EVERYTHING that we worked on. Don't forget to "save as" when you are done so you don't lose your primary graphic.

once you are more comfortable with PSE, know that the web has zillions of free additional patterns, shapes, layer styles, gradients and brushes that you can install !!
I have found alot online. I just don't know how to get them to work in PSE.

First I have to say thay you people are wild!

I have found that I use the short-cut keys ALOT! I also found some great information on the Dummies website. They even have a chart showing the short-cut keys and believe me they are a HUGE timesaver for me.

Since it seems I am surrounded by nurses...which I am not (my mom is though!) I will share what I do! I am currently an office administrator at a church. Basically I'm a church secretary with a lot more responsiblity and duites. I use PSE8 to make church bulletins. Actually all I really use it for is to fix or adjust pictures, graphics and clipart so it works on what the theme of the day is. I really want to learn how to use PSE8 to create things instead of just adjusted things.
Everything that I do fix I then put into Microsoft Publisher and do what I need. In fact I created a Mini M & M tube wrapper for my upcoming FE gift exchange just last night. I "fixed" the picture in PSE and then created the wrapper in Publisher. I would LOVE to learn how to create the whole thing in PSE8. Is that possible?

Thanks!
Stephanie

I think it would be possible, as you can set up size and such. Plus when working with the layers I could see it working well. I have done complet journal pages and such now, and just adjusted templates as I needed them.

I also love using the short cut keys.... Thats pretty much all I have been using in a lot of cut and paste stuff! I tend to forget there are other ways!

I do office stuff as well, I am a assistant to a OT (occupational therapist). basically i organize her day, anwser emails, phone calls that kind of thing!

Again, sign up for ElementsVillage.com forum....many of the questions are already answered there and it doesn't seem appropriate to rehash them here on a Disney forum...experts have answered there.

ElementsVillage very clearly explains how to install new brushes, layer styles etc. into PSE !!

So how was everyones weekend?

Did anyone do any creating? I have been bad and not on mine, but think I need to start something.

Who's up for a challenge? I am thinking do a letter fill with your screen name and favorite characters? Or is that to advance for the start? Let me know! I am also thinking no prize just something to do!!

I think that would be a fun challenge! I haven't been playing around on PSE for a few days but I will get back into the grove :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter