Designers in training..Photoshop elements newbies

SteelerCountry

Mouseketeer
Anyone interested in training to be a designer? Let's help out these generous and talented designers! This thread can be for new and experienced Photoshop elements users. (PSE). My PSE 10 should b delivered 5/11. Can't wait!!

Would love to do topic specific like " name fills".
Let's keep this thread specific to PSE 10 users....unless u experienced PSE users think that would limit us??????

I bought my PSE 10 on eBay for $52.99 free shipping and it also included 2 other photo editing suites..Corelli paint and another one I can't remember. Best price I have seen!!!! ( it's for Mac or Windows)

I'm game! I just bought PSE and am enjoying learning how to use it. I don't think I'm creative at all so I think it's going to be a bit of a challenge. We will see! Oh, and my name's Emily just to introduce myself!

YAY to this thread! I am getting into creating, trying to put together a journal for my sons next trip and my friends girls!

Plus did a few name fills and stroller tag! I am learning but get some really great ideas from here!

This is my photobucket album!http://s1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj612/monkey30ca/

Looking to learn more tips and tricks as you do.

Oh and I got PSE10 at staples for $80 when they had it a few weeks ago. Its higher then what you paid, but I find software in Canada usually is!

I love to join this group too!

I actually have PS8 at work and at home (as I often do work things from home) ;)

I took a mini-course from a local high school and while it was good and learned somethings about layers, and so confused when it comes to masks, and changing the look of things. The instructor was a photographer that only worked in the full PS. Lots of differences that he could not give us answers to on how to lots of things.

I would love to learn as much as I can! :thumbsup2

Also, does anyone know how some of the DISigners get some of their blanks? I have search the web all over and still can not come up with some of the things they have.

Thanks!!!

Work at home... yup thats me to. Sort of when I work!

As far as blanks, I think a lot make their own as one said they take color pages and fill them in from scanning them that kind of thing. What kind of stuff are you looking for? maybe we can help each other!

make yourself some templates, especially a Mickey head. Make sure it is very clean. I have seen some people post DISigns where the Mickey head had little, what I will call spikes....not smooth at all. This really takes away from the professional look. Clean it up once and the work will be worthwhile. I have one I call BESTMICKEYHEAD.jpg and everytime I need a Mickey head this is there for starting the image. Simply cleaned up black head....no spikes and no halos of extraneous colors.

stay organized....be sure to bookmark (or make favorite) your favorite clip art sites. also organize your own files so you can easily locate things. I have a clip art folder on my hard drive that has subfolders for characters. If I need an Ariel, for example, I know right where to look. Halloween clip art? They have their own folder as well.

if I find a clip art image that I don't need immediately I still save it and will have when a request pops up and it is the perfect fit.

This thread is such a great idea! Would love to join as well.

Recently brought PSE10 and can't wait to get started :cool1:

I'm Lisa...I'm a nurse in Pittsburgh, Pa.....my PSE 10 should b here tomorrow!!! I'm going away though so won't get it till Sunday. I'm gonna join the group that rust man suggested. So, to those beginners who just started...anyone startbwith name fills?? Easy?

I agree with Marion ( AKA RustManFan) on the "Have a Filing system".:surfweb:

I just filed all my stuff again and feel so much more organized.:banana:

Now I have to back up all my clip art and DISigns onto a USB Key.

I've experienced a few computer crashes and had to start collecting images from scratch all over again.:scared1:

One of these days I'm going to try a professional program but for now Paint.net works for the stuff I do.:artist:

Have fun and don't forget to post your DIDigns.:hug:

Hugs Mel

Thank you for the tips!
So heres a idea once you all get going in the next week lets try a weekly challenge, something to challenge us to learn different things? What do you think?

you newbies go ahead....keeping up with home, work and my requests is challenge enough!! :)

I understand the demands and that not everyone can do it!LOL Thats why I was thinking for those that want to. I am lucky I have only 1 at home during the day, and I work from home, so I have time!

@ Erin!
I got it in the mail early, yeah! its already installed and I am on it now. i should be a designer by 8pm Eastern time, lol:rotfl2:
Yes, a challange should be fun! I can't implement the challange cause I just installed it, lol. Shall we have Marion be the the head of this thread...hmmmm?? lol

Can't ya just come on and check up on us? Its the least you can do, lol:rotfl2: You can give a challenges...................
someone's gotta lead us, or the class is gonna get really rowdy!:yay::lmao::rotfl2::cool1::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!