Designing Your Dream DVC Resort

bom_noite

<font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006:
I was reading many posts this weekend where certain resorts are praised or disparaged. So, I thought - well - maybe we should design one here!

I think the perfect DVC resort would have:

:banana: On-Site Parking

:Pinkbounc Room size equalling OKW!

:thumbsup2 Adjoining a Park.

What else?

"by the pool bar" at every pool serving exoctic little umbrella drinks

snack bar at every pool

Everything else seems magical to me BUT I know there are very creative people on this board, so I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
Thanks for the Post Idea Bom!

~DW

Don't they all have on-site parking?

How about these in all DVC resorts:

Internal Corridors
1 Full service dining option (a la Artist Point or Flying Fish)
1 Quick food service option (a la Artist Palette)
Concierge Lounge
Dedicated transportation (i.e. bus)
No contract expiry :thumbsup2

Tink-n-Belle said:
A great pool area like SAB.

Some great restaurants on site.

Great theming-
Took the words right out of my keyboard!

elijahpep said:
"by the pool bar" at every pool serving exoctic little umbrella drinks

I head down to OKW once a year compliments of my friend. Six college friends all head down to do Spring Training games all week. We refer to those as FUDD's

Feminine Umbrella Dressed Drinks!

Though we mock them - we drink em as quick as they can make em! We lovingly refer to the Poly as: The FUDD Hut!

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Monorail or <5min walk to all parks and DD direct from resort. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

All rooms great view.

Decent view of major fireworks event such as illuminations or wishes with piped-in sound.

All nonsmoking.

All CM friendly.

Pool with soft deck and pool edges and large shallow end due to DD's seizures. Not so crazy about the sand but it's OK.

Great well-heated pool without hoppers.

Policy about not saving pool chairs enforced.

Great bakery with good coffee, killer coffee cake, sticky buns, pecan rolls, raised donuts, chocolate donuts, chocolate chips and chocolate croissants.

Actual owners have 11 month window whereas those from other DVC resorts have a 2 or 3 month window only!

I'd pay $150 per point and buy 400 or so. Oooo, that's $60,000 and interest rates are going up :rolleyes: . And I bet dues would be high do to cost of monorails. Oh well, don't have to worry about that cause it'll never happen.

GET A GRIP AND BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU'VE GOT!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE IN THIS WORLD THAT WILL NEVER SEE DISNEY OR EXPERIENCE A RESORT HALF AS NICE AS ANY OF THE DVC'S??????? I AM A PROUD OWNER OF SSR AND VERY MUCH ENJOYED MY VISIT THERE. I WAS VERY PLEASED WITH MY PURCHASE AND CAN'T WAIT TO SHARE THE EXPERIENCE WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS. BE HAPPY WE CAN AFFORD SUCH A LUXURY AND ENJOY!!!!!!!

Now seriously, my ONLY request upon my return would be that I could stay longer (2-3 weeks) and snap my fingers to get there and back. Maybe click my heels to get to and from the parks, I guess that would be nice. And maybe have ALL the Disney characters come to SSR so the children could stand in SHORT lines and get every stinkin autograph and picture in one day and be done with it once and for all. Oh and while we are at it, free park passes and meals to all DVC members.

Resort would be completely nonsmoking.
The studios would have a washer and dryer also.
It would have a kid's club, snack bar AND refillable mug program (we have this at BCV and VWL, but NOT at BWV, at least not to the same extent).

I would love to have a DVC refillable mug for use at ALL DVC resorts. And I think an all day supervised kids club would be "magical", like they have on the cruises. We couldn't tear our daughter away while on the cruise. A few hours for some adult only pool time or meal time during the middle of the day would be nice. And of course they would have this available at ALL DVC resorts. Which could be limited to DVC only members, so as not to fill up. And while I'm dreaming, free valet parking at all Disney resorts, not just DVC. And resort to resort transportation via buses or ,dreaming really big, monorail! I would also like all DVC rooms to have DVD players. And last but not least, I think the Disney Dining Experaince should be free with DVC membership(20% discount card).

I don't think that is too much to ask for my $$$thousands! :confused3 ;)

Less points per night on the weekends!!!!! and definately two Queen beds instead of the sleeper sofa!!!

I would like to see a deluxe stlye resort with the DVC rooms. This resort would have all of the things that resort like GF has: child care, scheduled activities, multiple sit down and take out restaurants, room service, valet parking, beautiful public areas, great views, direct theme park access via monorail/boat, great bar poolside with table service. DVC needs a great place to hang out with fellow DVC members. Pool is the logical place for it.

I feel timeshares will start going this route very soon as they all try to out do each other. Timeshares shouldn't just be a condo, it should offer everything and I think people will be willing to pay more to get more. SSR has the room to do all of this and I hope to see it continue to move in this direction.

ReneeQ said:
Resort would be completely nonsmoking.

I *totally* agree! A completely nonsmoking DVC resort would be fantastic.

ReneeQ said:
It would have a kid's club, snack bar AND refillable mug program (we have this at BCV and VWL, but NOT at BWV, at least not to the same extent).

I'm a DVC newbie (our deed was just recorded Wednesday :banana: ). Only certain DVC resorts have the refillable mug options? My DD *loves* the refillable mugs! Which resorts have the mugs? It's not like I'll plan our vacation around a mug, but it would be good to know.

I'd love for there to be a DVC mug that could be used at any of the resorts, as a previous poster said.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter