Dessert before Dinner: a trifecta of dining reports? Update 9/22 LTT COMPLETE!

Ok, so you know how I feel about the Hangar Bar. Joe and I absolutely LOVE it and make it a point to try to get there every trip. And seriously, this quseo is one of my favs!!! Those sliders look amazing and I may have to try them next month. Can you believe it's next month already!!!!

Ok between the review here and then this post...now I'm seriously thinking we need to find a way to check this place out in a few weeks. We are staying at SSR for 2 nights, so it would be easy enough to head over to Disney Springs and try out some new places. Ugh...the decisions when doing a non-Disney park trip but staying in a Disney Resort are so tough!

I really hate Disney Springs but I also really want to go to Jock Lindsey's. Decisions, decisions. The good news is I booked a trip for September so I guess I'll have to make a decision by then.

h my you have me sold hook line and sinker on Jock Lindsey’s. We have walked through but never tried it. Again adult trips so much more interesting than eating with a picky 19yo vegetarian. Who by the way is no where near an adult, even though her age suggests it!:rotfl:
I really cannot say enough about it, it's so nice sitting outside, the servers are always awesome and we've never had a drink or food item we didn't like! I get the picky eaters lol since Ricky used to be one of them and it's still easier food-wise on adult only trips. Luckily the boys liked what they had at Jocks so I know they'll go back!

OMG your food looked SO amazing. It's not even 9am, but I could absolutely eat that pizza right now! ::yes::
:laughing: It's like me with those Magic Bars, never a time NOT to eat one!

Joe and I have to find time to stop there for a drink...Hopefully getting our AP's won't take that long and we can pop in there first. Because in my opinion, Hanger Bar would be a great place to start our Disney vaca...
I know, I don't think we'll make it there next month :( I did tell Cathy, my friend/fellow TA whom I'm rooming with on our work trip in Oct. that I need to take here there!

BTW, I feel so rude...CONGRATS on your second grandchild being a boy!!! How cool to have one of each!!! When is he due???
You are NOT rude but :thanks: I think I may have told you since you wrote this? He's due 7/11:love:

I'm glad you got to try POFQ. We love it for the compactness and now with queen beds. The best part is the boat to DS :boat:
We actually stayed there twice before with the boys, in 2013 and 2014 so it'd been awhile. I forgot how peaceful it was and how nice the boat ride is!

After waiting an hour to even get on a bus last month I'm seriously considering an Uber.
Ugh :headache: I really love starting a trip off with ME but it can take a huge chunk of time from you and Steve is definitely not a fan lol. Using the Lyft was awesome and if things don't seem to be moving along when I get there next month I may take a Lyft again

I Ann late but I am here!
:welcome: glad you're here and enjoying it!

I am probably gross too because I have an affinity for Disney scrambled eggs. I don’t know how they are always so fluffy but I like them.
Ha ha us DEL (Disney egg lovers) need to stick together.

Morimoto and Maria and Enzos are on my radar for next year!
Good, try to get them on your list! I will do both again before I try any other new place I think :goodvibes

I always thought Restaurant Marrakesh was a hidden gem. We have really enjoyed our experience there.
We have loved all previous visits and Steve was fine this time, I really chalk it up to bad ordering on my part #diningfail

I've got my drink in hand and I'm so ready for this! But in the future remember its drinks before dinner not dessert :drinking1
Whoo! I knew you'd find me in your own time :hug::hug:

Yum!!! Dumplings are one of my favorite food groups and these are right up there. Side note we went into the city yesterday and ate at a Jose Andres (Jaleo guy) Asian/Peruvian fusion restaurant. I had no less than 3 types of dumplings and they were all divine.
So I assume you'll be trying his new DS restaurant soon? Ricky is a big dumpling fan also, glad to hear they're good!

Speaking of favs!!! This was pure heaven. Looks like they replaced it with a similar version (but maybe with shrimp) but I never got a chance to try it.
They did replace it and I'm kind of bummed. I don't do shrimp but it's on a stick so I can remove it but I don't know how it'll affect the taste :crazy2: Or if without the shrimp it'll taste even close to it's predecessor........

OH please, please, please can Steve take selfies of all of us in May. I love the bloody mary mustache look.
I see it now, all of us in WS going "wait wait wait, take one of us THIS way!" "Do us next!" "Stop staring at us a$$h000es!"

Nothing like a good lube job in the middle of Disney World!!!
Disney: it's not just for kids puckerup:

Who are you :confused3:confused3:confused3
The person who is going to eat mushrooms in front of you next month?

Can you believe we talked through the Poly about 10 times and never got these? I was sadly never hungry enough for them.
No!!! Yes I do, because honestly there are times I could have had them and forgot about them. I'd love to have them next month but don't know that I'll get there, however staying there in Dec. means mo' na-cho's for me!

We are so having one of these for breakfast every day!
And late night snacks!!!

Oh you must tell me where this was. Proscuitto is one of my other food groups! I'm made of dumplings, prosciutto, artichokes, cheese, and wine :-)
OK I guess I'll jump ahead :yay: The best was at Tutto Gusto! But you'll have to wait for my review for more info :P

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: And this is why I love you :love:
:love2:

And with your "happy" girl. If happy really just means tipsy :drinking1
SO can't wait to be in my Happy Place with my Happy Tipsy Girl and all our Happy beverages!

Wow, who knew Jocks had good food. We've only ever done drinks there.
You have to eat there, the food is fantastic!

Ok between the review here and then this post...now I'm seriously thinking we need to find a way to check this place out in a few weeks. We are staying at SSR for 2 nights, so it would be easy enough to head over to Disney Springs and try out some new places.
Being that close you do have to try it!!! We went there over Thanksgiving when we were at SSR too, nice boat ride or even walk :goodvibes

Yum, everything at Jock Lindsey's looks awesome!
YES! Really my favorite place in DS now I think and a place that makes me WANT to go there.

I really hate Disney Springs but I also really want to go to Jock Lindsey's. Decisions, decisions.
lol! I don't so much hate it although Steve has never really like spending time there. I don't do tons of shopping there because to me, shopping at stores I have by me while in Disney is a waste of time and on shorter trips I don't like to take time away from parks, but I do agree with many that with the new food options I'm liking spending time there more!

The good news is I booked a trip for September so I guess I'll have to make a decision by then.
Yay for booking a trip!!!!!

My friends at home know I've head DIS meets and think I'm weird enough because of it but they think I'm even weirder for going away with a big ol' bunch of 'em! Lots of new to m
Ha! I know, when we finally got to meet up and I told my girlfriend. I was like we met up with my friend, and she was like what friend do you have up here... and then I had to explain it a little... ha

We had a pool view room as that's what was available with my discount. I would have been fine with a standard view but our view was neat!
Pool View does garentee a good location for that resort.

img_1063-jpg.392740

The fun monkey drink is mine and the only drink I've tried there in the 4 visits we've made because I love it! It's sweet so right up my alley but I don't think it's too sweet; I love the watermelon flavor. Steve is a big mule drinker although he prefers the traditional vodka mules so he asks for this with vodka instead of bourbon. Just multiply these drinks by 2 and that's what we had tonight :)
Yum to both! Iagree, the cool headed monkey.

Lomo Saltado Peruvian Flank Steak
Thinly Sliced Grilled Flank Steak with Piquillo Peppers, Pickled Onions, and Crispy Potatoes with Tamari-Lime Dressing and Yellow Pepper Aïoli

img_1065-jpg.392759

Not only did this sound good to him, he saw it go by to another couple tables before his came and he was drooling. With good reason too because he loved it, the meat was super tender and all the accompaniments went together perfectly
This looks amazing!!!!

img_1068-jpg.392760

Honestly I wasn't in to trying any because I was full and thought "it's just pizza". But then I saw Steve's face as he kept biting in to it and tried coercing me into a bite - he succeeded. I think I only had 2 bites because seriously I was almost to the point of being sickeningly full but man, this was obscenely delicious too! Crispy with just the right amount of spice and cheese. We would order EVERYTHING again and we will continue to return time and time again.
Intresting, I would have passed it as well.

Now I want to go here again on our Adults only trip!

Happy Thursday everyone! Hope your week is going good :goodvibes I'm just counting down the days until I'm in Disney again! Three weeks from today!!

Trifecta Trip #2 (but really #3)
Happy Surprise Birthday To Me!

And Happy MLK day too?

We started our first full day of this trip at HS. If you don't know. MGM used to be my favorite park back when it was......MGM :( As much as I miss the "Hollywood that never was and always will be" and am close to hating what it's going to end up being, I till have a soft spot for the park. Plus my favorite ride is there so I can't ever really give it up!

We arrived for RD and instead of heading to TSL like everyone else we went to my favorite ride and then favorite ride #2:

IMG_1076.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG

And just like that we were hungry! We did have a TS lunch coming up so we didn't want anything heavy; Starbucks did the trick. Steve got an almond croissant:

IMG_1082.JPG

Before I chose my breakfast I had to double check with Steve that the Starbucks danish was actually Disney danish (remember he's a DM for Starbucks). As soon as he confirmed that they were selling 100% authentic Disney danish in there I made my choice:

IMG_1081.JPG

Because we all know that Disney danish = LOVE!
We were ready to leave HS now for a little Festival time and some lunch at Epcot, but we did stop for one lone remnant of old Hollywood:

IMG_1080.JPG

And Steve even participated!

IMG_1079.JPG

Bring all the SW you have to but please, PLEASE don't take away the Citizens of Hollywood!

Now let's take a quick boat ride to our next destination..................................................

We'd sampled the Festival of the Arts in January and while we loved the activities, special events, etc. that it has we were NOT fans of the food. So this time we stuck to painting the mural! Other than that we walked around enjoying WS until it was time for our lunch.
For all the times I've raved about not making plans, going with the flow on our adult only trips and switching things up last minute I did make more than one ADR for this trip, just based on our one night of crappy dining in January. Wasn't going to let that happen on this short birthday trip! Before I get to lunch I want to apologize for the dark and not really clear pictures; this restaurant doesn't lend itself to great pictures. It also doesn't always get the greatest reviews but this was MY birthday trip and we were eating where I wanted to:

IMG_1087.JPG

This would be our 2nd time at San Angel Inn, the first being a couple years ago. As far as the food it was fine; good, no different than what we could get at home. I can eat Mexican twice a day every day and didn't like La Hacienda so I've wanted to come back; what's kept us away is the closeness of the tables! Yup, my husband is not a fan. He said he'd suffer through for me and in the end he was glad he did!

No sure why I don't have a picture of the chips and salsa but we liked them and I really liked my drink:
La Cava Avocado
Avión blanco tequila, melon liqueur, fresh avocado, agave nectar, and fresh lime juice served frozen with hibiscus salt rim

IMG_1093.JPG
Not my first avocado marg rodeo! I was totally reluctant to try this thing a few years ago and now am totally glad I did, it's nothing at all like I thought it'd be. It's refreshing, fresh-tasting, sweeter than avocado but not sweet at all at the same time.
We skipped apps and went right to entrees. Steve got the special fish dish of the day which was a snapper:
Pescado A la Talla
Achiote-marinated Catch of the Day served with creamy Poblano Potatoes topped with Queso Fresco and Cream Mexicana served with Plantains

IMG_1095.JPG

And it does not look prepared the way the catch of the day is described, I wish I'd written down what it was! Anyway he thought this was like the best entree of the trip believe it or not. He would not stop oohing and aahhing over it while eating! I was glad because it meant we would probably be back in the future and possibly bring the kids who both like Mexican and weren't with us the first time we came either.
I went with the

Pastor-marinated Grilled Pork served with Roasted Pineapple, White Onions, Cilantro, and Salsa Verde accompanied by Black Beans, Esquites, and Corn Tortillas

IMG_1096.JPG

Again sorry for the poor picture! LOVED this, the flavors were delicious. The pork HAD so much flavor and I'm a sucker for anything pineapple which I'm sure you know given my love for the Capt. Cook pulled pork nachos with pineapple salsa. What I do not like at all, not even a little bit, is cilantro, which tastes like cheap dish soap to me. For whatever reason the cilantro-lemon corn was amazing and I ate every piece. OH FYI, corn is the only veggie I eat :D I have a picture of the corn tortillas but I'm out of space - take my word they looked like corn tortillas.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

CONTINUED FROM LAST POST

That was really the extent of our meal, there's too much great stuff to eat dessert wise around Epcot and nothing on the San Angel dessert menu was speaking to us. We were extremely happy with our meal! Steve agreed he'd go again despite the ability to really get to know your neighbors:

IMG_1103.JPG

IMG_1101.JPG

If you happen to know either of the dudes Steve got close to, tell them their secrets are safe with us.
We walked out into the bright sunlight and headed left to work off some lunch; got a look at what I believe is some construction on the Illuminations replacement show:

IMG_1104.JPG

And of course were ready for dessert by the time we hit France. We stopped in Les Halles and got these for the first time:

IMG_1109.JPG

Not bad! I'll defer here to Universal which I never do; Toothsome's macarons are way better which is why I have no problem dropping upwards of $60 on them whenever I happen to be in the vicinity. But these satisfied.
Before we left we did another Animation Academy in the Odyssey building - well, the festival version - but I can't find our pictures! We did it the month before in January and it's the best part of the festival.

We moved on to our 3rd park of the day after this which was followed up by another restaurant we'd only been to once previously and were highly anticipating!

Ha! I know, when we finally got to meet up and I told my girlfriend. I was like we met up with my friend, and she was like what friend do you have up here... and then I had to explain it a little... ha
Yup I'm sure she's really anxious to meet the weird lady from Wappingers :rotfl2:

Now I want to go here again on our Adults only trip!
Well you should!!!

MGM used to be my favorite park back when it was......MGM :(
You and me both :sad2: I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but I miss the glitz and the glamour of old Hollywood that sadly will never return to my beloved MGM :sad: Plus I'm terrified of the crowds that will come with Star Wars Land :faint:

We moved on to our 3rd park of the day after this which was followed up by another restaurant we'd only been to once previously and were highly anticipating!
Oooh, park hoppin' my style :thumbsup2 ;)

Andi and I shared the same meal you had, we really loved it! We have been twice as well and have really enjoyed both our visits. The tables are so close. We actually were packed in liked sardines the last visit, we did have a nice view of the pyramid.

I love SW and will enjoy checking out the land at some point however I used to love this park now not so much!

No sure why I don't have a picture of the chips and salsa but we liked them and I really liked my drink:
I like San Angel Inn a lot more than Dana does. My favorite is the salsa verde. We usually eat an early lunch there so we can often get a table that doesn't have someone sitting right next to us, but not always.

La Cava Avocado

Yep, love this, and hope to get another in a few weeks...

We were extremely happy with our meal!

This is really good to hear. The last time Joe and I ate there our service was REALLY bad. But, we're both willing to give it another shot. I do agree with Steve that the tables are waaaaaay to close together...But, I love the atmosphere.

Sounds like it was a good day...so far...

I really need to try San Angel Inn! I feel like every time I look at the menu all of the Spanish intimidates me and I avoid it lol if I was smart I would have booked it on a trip with my sister who actually knows Spanish! :rotfl:

I miss the glitz and the glamour of old Hollywood that sadly will never return to my beloved MGM :sad:
I think way back in and old PTR I posted some MGMpics from our first trips with the boys in like 2006/7, I'll have to find them and post again. "Glitz and Glamour" :lovestruc

Plus I'm terrified of the crowds that will come with Star Wars Land :faint:
Ugh I don't even think we'll go to HS on our NYE trip! I believe we're doing a tour on my Oct "work" trip but I don't know if I'll get to ride TOT, so I may have to run in to the park in Dec just to ride it once. Which will probably take all of 5 hours with the holiday/SW crowds :scared1:

Andi and I shared the same meal you had, we really loved it! We have been twice as well and have really enjoyed both our visits. The tables are so close. We actually were packed in liked sardines the last visit, we did have a nice view of the pyramid.
Luckily the tables on either side of us weren't occupied at the same time for long which helped lol but it'd be nice if they took out a couple handfuls of tables!

We usually eat an early lunch there so we can often get a table that doesn't have someone sitting right next to us, but not always.
I'm sure that helps! Our ADR was 12:30 so prime lunch time. Combine that with the President's Day crowds......

Yep, love this, and hope to get another in a few weeks...
::yes::

This is really good to hear. The last time Joe and I ate there our service was REALLY bad. But, we're both willing to give it another shot. I do agree with Steve that the tables are waaaaaay to close together...But, I love the atmosphere.
Our service was good but I know it can really affect your feelings on a place when service sucks. I'd try it again!

I really need to try San Angel Inn! I feel like every time I look at the menu all of the Spanish intimidates me and I avoid it lol if I was smart I would have booked it on a trip with my sister who actually knows Spanish! :rotfl:
:laughing: I think the entrees there are more "normal" or maybe familiar than La Hacienda! It's all mainly meat, cheese, quac, cilantro, etc lol with a variation here and there! But I'm sure you'll be there again with Calista so put it on your list :thumbsup2

Despite saying at POFQ we have yet to make Jock Lindsay. Looking at your food and drinks this has been an oversight on my part.
It has been 20 years since I have done San Angel and it looks as cramp & dark as I remember. But your entrees looked good , like you I love pineapple & especially with pork. We have a new place nearby that does a pork taco with pineapple & onion which I get every time.
Love your description of cilantro. I thought I was missing something but watched an episode of the Barefoot Contessa were Ina said she disliked it so we are not alone:thumbsup2

we went to my favorite ride and then favorite ride #2:

Our's too :thumbsup2

Poor Kathy last month was freaked out by the massive crowds until the park opened. I told her just wait when we turn right everyone else will be going straight. I got some great pics and we took our time walking down an almost empty Hollywood Bvd

Because we all know that Disney danish = LOVE!

::yes::

Now let's take a quick boat ride to our next destination..................................................

We loved taking the boat from HS to Epcot so relaxing.

MY birthday trip and we were eating where I wanted to:

Exactly!

La Cava Avocado

YUM

OH FYI, corn is the only veggie I eat :D

Gurl I'm right there with you ::yes::

Steve agreed he'd go again despite the ability to really get to know your neighbors:

:rotfl: OMG the expression on his face is priceless

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter