Dessert before Dinner: a trifecta of dining reports? Update 9/22 LTT COMPLETE!

My condolences to you for your MIL :(
Thank you Donna :hug:
Congratulations on your grandbaby and on good news for Ricky's knee! Finally able to share that I will be in the Grandma club next year as well!
And thank you again on both counts and a big CONGRATS!!! It is truly the most amazing thing ❤ It's just a different kind of love! When is your grandbaby due to arrive?
But one day I hope to be back to DW and if the timing works out I might have to go to RFC again to see if they still have the shrimp dish that I enjoy!
I hope you had a nice vacation! I'm sure you'll get back to WDW; we all get back lol. Rainforest was a nice surprise! I think some of these chains are a good thing because while the food might note be out of this world fantastic it's consistently good and "normal" with large menus so you have lots of choices :)

Catching up here too. Gosh I miss you!

Truth be told Steve and I preferred the holiday tag on Illuminations over the holiday fireworks at MK :duck:but sadly it won't be the same there next year with the new show. Very happy we got to see it this once!

I am so glad I got to say goodbye to Illuminations in July. But still chewing on the idea of coming down 1-2 days in August. Haven’t brought it up with R yet but still marinating on it...

I have to say, we were pretty darn impressed with RC!
That’s awesome! I’ve been wanting to try T-Rex for the nachos so it bodes well that Rainforest was solid!

for any of you that have been living under a rock for the past 8 months and haven't seen pics of the holiday decor in TSL, here:

IMG_9881.JPG

We waited until about 10

I’m sorry, are you actually younger than me?! You look amazing in this photo!!!

I admit I wasn't really in the mood for chicken at 8:50 in the morning as I'm a huge breakfast food person but the potato barrels, donuts and yes even the chicken were all delicious! I mean it was like being at RFC all over again with the surprise lol.
That is. Very! Brown.

But tasty looking :)

You made me hungry!!
I have tried grits once and never will again (sorry southerners
:scared1:

Ya dang yankee!

Hi Gertie!
:love: Okay you’re redeemed. She’s the best!

, I jumped out of bed and hit HS dirty
Hahahaha this sounds like some kind of euphemism. For what, I’m not sure. Also showers are definitely perfect at a midday break, so now you’ve been warned away from dirty morning hugs from melinda ;)

Too bad about BOG going so far downhill. I can’t say I’m surprised, I guess, that prix fixe menu change really rubbed me the wrong way. I just feel bad for the families that spend two TS dining plan credits there if the meals aren’t good!

Your lantern picture came out so well - love that all your boys were willing to wait and pose :lovestruc

And yaaaaay WL CL! I can’t wait for you to make me jealous... hahaha

I'm sorry about your MIL and your meal at Be Our Guest. I've been once since the new changes and actually had a really good meal. I ordered some different dishes than you. If you ever decide to go back I hope you have a better meal.

It is so strange how the good and the bad do seem to go together. I am so sorry to hear about Steve's Mom.

came out of this besides her being in a better place is that Steve and I booked a quick August Disney getaway complete with a SWGE preview :darth: Which is going to be super interesting for these 2 non SW fans!
I do love that you guys are going even though you don't like the movies... Looking forward to see you!!!!

And it's sad because I feel TS in the MK is severely lacking and this used to be a decent choice.
MK is DEF lacking solid table service places. I feel like in a lot of ways they just rely on the location of most of the places.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!!!🦃
2018!!!!!!
ONLY 8.5 MONTHS LATE!!!!!!

And here we are, the reason we were in Disney to begin with! I was seriously looking forward to this day because we were moving from SSR to my beloved WL and planned on adding CL which we'd done before with the boys and without so they were looking forward to it also. We had plans for the whole day but no park until after our holiday dinner so we started off with breakfast at Artist Palette again of which I took no pics. Next it was off to our new home for the next 3 nights!

Please excuse the non food pics but I can never resist posting pictures of my wonderful Lodge , especially during the holidays:

IMG_9986.JPG

IMG_9985.JPG

IMG_9993.JPG

IMG_9989 (2).JPG

I ended up using that as one of our Xmas card pics 🎄
We checked in and requested CL, our room wasn't ready which was fine but we were able to go right up to the lounge and we did! Please enjoy these pictures of the late morning/early afternoon snacks:
IMG_0004.JPGIMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

See those pinwheels over there? Luckily they brought out tray after tray of those because the boys and I ate about 30 of them between us with the whole grain mustard lol.

IMG_9994.JPG

Cleary taken after we ate a few and sorry for the side glance. they were ham and cheese and the kind of lettuce you pick from your yard rather than the crispy iceburg I like but they were still tasty and hit the spot after our smallish breakfast, but we didn't want to full up much as we had a big dinner awaiting.
More lounge pics in next post!

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 7
By late morning each day the menu for that evening's Hors d'Oeuvres would be up and the wine menu stayed up, both right by the Old Faithful Club entrance:

IMG_9995.JPG

We weren't back for this tonight but were on another night and had been when we stayed in August. Lots of good stuff! Not really big enough for adults or teen boys to make a dinner but enough for a "filler" if you have a later dinner.

IMG_9996.JPG

I had some wine there 🍷

IMG_9997.JPG

IMG_9998.JPG

Oh more snacks earlier in the day:

IMG_9999.JPG

And a couple views of the awesome holiday decor from up in the lounge:

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

How gorgeous is that looking down!!!! And finally one of us with other decorations:

IMG_0010.JPG

OMG I can't believe how different both boys look already 😥 We really love the Old Faithful Club; granted the only other CL we've done is at the GF which was wonderful (and unexpected!) but surprisingly we prefer it here and will do it any chance we get if it's not during an Epcot festival unless the kids are with us because teen boys= way too much freakin' food.

After our snacks it was time to head over to AOA for their (kind of pitiful but still sort of fun) Animation class before our holiday dinner!

Catching up here too. Gosh I miss you!
I MISS YOU TOO ❤💚💙💜🧡💔💔💔💔💔💔
I am so glad I got to say goodbye to Illuminations in July. But still chewing on the idea of coming down 1-2 days in August. Haven’t brought it up with R yet but still marinating on it...
Well turn the flame up on that baby!
That’s awesome! I’ve been wanting to try T-Rex for the nachos so it bodes well that Rainforest was solid!
Oooh, Nachos :worship: Now I need to go to T-Rex.........
I’m sorry, are you actually younger than me?! You look amazing in this photo!!!
Why yes I am, by about -20 years lol!
Ya dang yankee!
But I wish I were in Dixie :sad:
Hahahaha this sounds like some kind of euphemism. For what, I’m not sure.
lol it does! Now I won't rest until I figure out for what
Your lantern picture came out so well - love that all your boys were willing to wait and pose :lovestruc
thank you! It was a rare and surprising moment when they agree to wait in line
And yaaaaay WL CL! I can’t wait for you to make me jealous... hahaha
My friend/fellow TA are staying there for work in Oct and I'm going to seriously try talking her in to adding CL because it's so awesome there!:hug:
I'm sorry about your MIL and your meal at Be Our Guest. I've been once since the new changes and actually had a really good meal. I ordered some different dishes than you. If you ever decide to go back I hope you have a better meal.
Thank you :hug: Yeah it was sad at BOG too but I'm glad you enjoyed your meal! I think we were just so hyped for it to be the way it always had been for us and it wasn't. If Chris begged or I went with someone who really wanted to go - possibly my DIL next year- I'd be totally willing to try it again.
do love that you guys are going even though you don't like the movies... Looking forward to see you!!!!
I can't wait to see you all!! I figure it's for "research" first of all lol plus then I'll maybe understand a bit more when all you SW freaks start talking your crap :laughing:
MK is DEF lacking solid table service places. I feel like in a lot of ways they just rely on the location of most of the places.
I agree, they rely on the theming of CRT and BOG and don't spruce up Tony's or CP at all. I do like the Plaza and Skipper's the one time we went but overall, definitely 2nd lowest on the totem pole after HS as far as TS restaurants go

That's how I feel! Every time we're close to a vacation and I tell myself to watch what I eat so I can eat what I want when we're away - I just continue to eat what I want at home AND away lol!
You're speaking my language, Ariane! :laughing:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!!!🦃
:rotfl: Better late than never, right?! ;)

Please excuse the non food pics but I can never resist posting pictures of my wonderful Lodge , especially during the holidays:
Beyond beautiful!!! :goodvibes

I always love seeing pictures of club levels - the food selections looked yummy!

Totally excused. I love that resort! :love:

What did the sign in front of the beer taps say?

I love all the CL offerings. You definitely succeeded in making me jealous! It sounds like the perfect way to have snacks for your boys and the view of the decor from up there is just gorgeous!

I really wish we would have been able to get a better room at WL, it is so beautiful, ahhh. I hope we can stay there one of our trips.

My son Jack is wanting to come with us in about a 1-2 years for SW and he would love staying at WL! I will get a woods view if we stay so we are not right above the restaurant and no bunk beds :bitelip:

CL is definitely the way to go with teen boys, they love to snack!

I was just thinking the other day a Club level stay for a holiday would make it perfect!!

Food looks great and I’m also dying to stay at WL!

Also saw this yesterday and thought of you:
FC79667C-247B-4E45-B04A-BC6990EFA633.jpeg

Speaking of the 4th we had a great time and there are truly no July 4th fireworks like 4th of July Disney fireworks. Not even Macy's beats them! Truth be told Steve and I preferred the holiday tag on Illuminations over the holiday fireworks at MK :duck:but sadly it won't be the same there next year with the new show. Very happy we got to see it this once!

I'm excited to see those next year! maybe they'll have a new holiday tag over at EPCOT? We shall see...

I have to say, we were pretty darn impressed with RC! With all the great dining options in the World it's not someplace I was dying to eat or excited to try; I was kind of bummed to be "wasting" stomach space eating here. Now I'm not in a rush to eat here again simply because the food is basic and I rather go with more interesting places but it's a solid place to eat if you have picky eaters, can't get a reservation at any other AK TS or are in the mood for good burgers or ribs I guess!

We used to have a RFC here at our mall and I loved bringing the kids when they were little. But then they changed the menu and removed the salad I always got and it just kind of went downhill and closed a couple years later. I've never tried either of the RFCs at WDW, but I'm sure my kids would like to go for old time's sake.

Ha! I jest. To make a long story short we really enjoyed it and I'd do it again even though my beloved TOT isn't part of it; oh and for any of you that have been living under a rock for the past 8 months and haven't seen pics of the holiday decor in TSL, here:

IMG_9881.JPG

Love this pic! The Christmas decorations are so cute ::yes::

We waited until about 10 minutes before EMM ended to go to breakfast as I feel this is how you get the most out of your time! Breakfast was in ABC Commissary:

IMG_9885.JPG

IMG_9886.JPG

IMG_9887.JPG

I thought the breakfast at ABC Commissary was much better than where it is now at Backlot Express. It's the same food, but much better situated and not as chaotic.

I can't believe your boys would skip out on EMM!

so we hit our favorite DS lounge, Jock Lindsay's!

IMG_9917.JPG

I got my Jock's go-to:

Cool-headed Monkey
Starr African Rum, Van Der Hum Tangerine Liqueur, fresh Lime Juice, Watermelon, and Pineapple Juice

I don't think I need to tell you what Steve got..........
I LOVE the cool headed monkey and told Steve next time we go I want to buy the cup!

I want to bring Mike here because I'm SURE he would want a souvenir mug!

it didn't stop the boys from doing something else new to all of us before we returned to our resort:

IMG_9926.JPG

:love:
Goofy's is one of our favorite traditions.

Hi all, as is my MO it's been way to long since I updated. As many of you know we've had a rather big couple of weeks; some good some bad. First on July 19th our 2nd grandchild, a grandson was born! Carter Paul is my younger stepson's child and we couldn't be happier, everyone is doing well. Then a couple days later Ricky got cleared by his surgeon to go back to playing sports, NO RESTRICTIONS, after his 2 ACL tears and almost 2 years out. This was the absolute best news we'd heard in forever!

Congratulations again on both the new, adorable baby and on Ricky's medical clearance! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

And that was that! By that I mean most likely the last time we eat dinner at BOG with the current menu.

I haven't been since it was prix fix and two credits. I thought it was barely ok the way it was before. It is a shame because it's such a beautiful space :sad2:

After that we took this cute family pic that surprisingly everyone was on board with standing in line for:

lantern.jpg

Sweet :lovestruc

Chris was a little too cool for it:
chrispp.JPG

Of course! :rotfl:

IMG_9986.JPG

IMG_9985.JPG

IMG_9993.JPG

IMG_9989 (2).JPG

It's really beautiful!

I had planned on us making the trek to AOA for that drawing class as well, but since AK now offers a similar thing in the Rafiki's area, just making that part of a park day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts