Dessert before Dinner: a trifecta of dining reports? Update 9/22 LTT COMPLETE!

I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL, Ariane. :hug: That's great news about Ricky, and congratulations on that sweet grandson! pixiedust: I'm bummed reading that BOG wasn't good. We haven't gone for dinner in I don't know how long, and booked it for our upcoming Oct/Nov trip. I'll prob keep it, as we just ate at Skipper's in April, we're doing LTT for lunch, and I'm not feeling CP or Tony's. Wish they'd open another table service in the MK. I guess we could take the boat over to Geyser Point. I don't know. I'll have to think about it. I love WL, too. It's my absolutely favorite WDW resort of all time! I dream of staying there, and play the theme music all the time. It is so so beautiful, especially at Christmas. One of these days I'm doing club level there!

I always love seeing pictures of club levels - the food selections looked yummy!
So do I, I stalk the "CL" thread lol
What did the sign in front of the beer taps say?
Um......"beer here"? I need to blow it up to see because I can't remember........
I love all the CL offerings. You definitely succeeded in making me jealous! It sounds like the perfect way to have snacks for your boys and the view of the decor from up there is just gorgeous!
They are SO good! And yes with the boys and even yes without when there isn't a festival you're planning on eating tons at. While the breakfast offerings can get tiresome it's great to have something to grab in the morning that's more than a granola bar even if you have an early lunch or late breakfast and it's so relaxing to sit there. And again if you have a later dinner but have been at the resort to nap as some young/old-timers tend to do? Wake up and grab a pre-dinner snack and drink!
I really wish we would have been able to get a better room at WL, it is so beautiful, ahhh. I hope we can stay there one of our trips.
Ugh me too, it really broke my ❤ when you didn't like your room there, I hope you try again sometime, it's really so gorgeous and (most) rooms so peaceful! Of course if you book CL you wouldn't have a room that got noise from WCC lol
CL is definitely the way to go with teen boys, they love to snack!
OMG you're telling me! The only reason I want the summer to end is so I can stop hearing "we have nothing to eat" about 6 hours after I've gone shopping!
I was just thinking the other day a Club level stay for a holiday would make it perfect!!

Food looks great and I’m also dying to stay at WL!
Oh you should do it! I never thought I would like the WL but kept hearing about it from another DIS'er in their TR's and finally tried it when we got a good deal; can't believe how quick I fell in love!
Also saw this yesterday and thought of you:
:rotfl: It's all about my bangs!
I love the WL and I think CL looks better here than at the GF!
I agree! GF CL was beautiful and I am thankful we were able to try it and if given it again for free lol I will NOT turn it down. But WL has the #1 spot of the 2 I've tried.
Cute pics of you and the boys!
:love2:

'm excited to see those next year! maybe they'll have a new holiday tag over at EPCOT? We shall see...
I'm wondering what they'll do and if they'll add something to the new show. Especially now that I want to keep going for the 4th lol
I thought the breakfast at ABC Commissary was much better than where it is now at Backlot Express.
Ah so they did move it! I wondered.
I can't believe your boys would skip out on EMM!
Well Ricky felt so sick 🤢 and Chris is, ya know, Chris ....... I had to pick him up early from a friends house tonight because he had to poop and wouldn't do it there >:(
I want to bring Mike here because I'm SURE he would want a souvenir mug!
I think he'd love it!
Club level looks awesome and those pics of the lobby are gorgeous! Cute pics of you and the boys, too :)
CL is so cool! As I keep saying though, during F&W or F&G when we know we want to snack lots between meals at those festivals we wouldn't pay for it unless the boys were with us and also since our boys are old enough that they often stay at the resort without us/go back when we don't/sleep in and meet up with us it becomes worth it. And thank you!
I had planned on us making the trek to AOA for that drawing class as well, but since AK now offers a similar thing in the Rafiki's area, just making that part of a park day.
Yes better option now! I'm looking forward to doing the AK drawing class later this month and I really hope they keep it and don't close down Rafiki's again :)
One day we will be pixie dusted with an upgrade! One day...
It took us ALL these years and ALL these trips; hang in there lol!
It really is just beautiful! I can't wait to see it this November!
I know you'll love it :goodvibes
The WL is gorgeous at Christmas but is also gorgeous all year long. This time I am going to try really hard to remember to buy a Magic cookie bar. Your avatar keeps reminding me about it. :)
SO true, regardless of the time of year walking in to the lobby takes my breath away! And yes get the Magic bar! You won't regret it ;) and it's big enough to last for 2 or 3 snacks lol:hug:
I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL, Ariane. :hug:
Thank you Teresa :hug: Steve has his moments but we're getting back to normal.
:)
That's great news about Ricky, and congratulations on that sweet grandson! pixiedust:
Yes this brightens the days up! Carter is coming to visit Saturday and Ricky is 100% back into the swing of all is trainings and practices! It's a beautiful thing for me to see
I'm bummed reading that BOG wasn't good. We haven't gone for dinner in I don't know how long, and booked it for our upcoming Oct/Nov trip. I'll prob keep it, as we just ate at Skipper's in April, we're doing LTT for lunch, and I'm not feeling CP or Tony's. Wish they'd open another table service in the MK.
No, keep it :-) I even tell clients who really want to do it to try it; not everyone has a bad meal there! You'll see for yourself and if you don't go you'll wonder if you'd like it. ANd as you say there aren't lots of other options. We do like LTT for lunch and actually the Plaza too but that's about it. I do hope you enjoy your dinner there!
I love WL, too. It's my absolutely favorite WDW resort of all time! I dream of staying there, and play the theme music all the time. It is so so beautiful, especially at Christmas. One of these days I'm doing club level there!
I think you should!

Thank you for writing about adding on CL!! I had asked over on the resorts board about how to do it (I have heard Coronado has the same offering) and I got tore apart for asking lol I actually couldn't believe how many people jumped down my throat when I know its a thing!!

So do you just request it when you check in? I would definitely add it on at WL if I ever stay there again in a non-dvc room, its been my favorite CL so far!

I also want to offer my condolences on the loss of your mother in law. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Also congrats on the the new grandchild. When there is rain, there is also a rainbow. :hug:

Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Can't wait to see the big game tonight :earboy2:

Your pictures have me missing our one and only CL stay at Wilderness Lodge. It was one of our favorite trips and cemented it as our favorite resort.

Happy Friday!!!! Today we picked up my new car, finally getting rid of my beloved Dodge Durango after 11 years. Excited but sad because I LOVE that Durango.......got a Toyota 4Runner this time because the newer Durango's just aren't BIG enough for me lol. Tomorrow our grandson is coming to visit so looking forward to that also! And then Sunday will be one week until we leave for Disney :goodvibes

So let's continue with Thanksgiving!!!! Before our big dinner we were doing something we'd been missing for years from HS - the Animation Academy that they now had a version of at AOA. As we were waiting we were told the CM who was supposed to teach was out sick so the class would be run differently:

IMG_0032 (2).JPG

This really kind of sucked because it was just a video of a CM drawing Donald. Oh well, I did enjoy and it seemed the kids did even though Ricky complained a bit! It was the theme today sort of for him. Here's Steve's finished product!

IMG_0036.JPG

And the AOA lobby Xmas tree, a little different than the one at WL:

IMG_0030.JPG

It does fit the theme!

Next up was a tour of the Cars section where we'd never been - we stayed in a LM room when they first opened but the Cars section totally beats that and the LK section- and then it was a Minnie van to our Thanksgiving dinner at BOMA!

We'd all eaten here for dinner back in 2011 and weren't all that impressed but Steve and I had since had breakfast here a few times as well as dinner and really have become fans and we were pretty sure the boys would like all the options, plus they add the traditional T-day dishes for the holiday.

I wasn't able to get lost of buffet pics because even though our reservation was near the beginning of the dinner seatings it was, as expected, crowded! So here are a few plate pictures with various foods I don't quite remember because it was SO LONG AGO:

But wait, drinks! Chris tried the POG juice and guess who got a Mule?

IMG_0046.JPG

I went for the wine, but a little different than what I usually get:

Jam Jar Sweet White - glass
Western Cape

IMG_0047.JPG

And it was good!

Here we go:

IMG_0043.JPG

This was mine and I started kind of traditional with the turkey, mashed potatoes, a roll and a cornbread muffin and then some other kind of potato like thing that I think was either Pap, chakalaka or bobotie. I don't feel like looking up pictures so if any of you know, let ME know! I have to tell you the turkey and gravy were out of this world as was everything else.

For a 2nd plate I went with a different meat from the carving station, the spice crusted beef sirloin along with horseradish and spicy mustard, and i decided to try the chicken corn chowder:

IMG_0050.JPG

Meat was delicious; it's always there. What I really wanted was the Mulligatawny soup but unfortunately they did not have it;; I didn't really like this but oh well. So far the rest was great!

Another plate, one of Steve's, so you can see veggies:

IMG_0049.JPG

And cranberry sauce! The food at about 1:00 I believe was a cold salmon on top of an African dish; sorry! Steve loved every single thing he ate so whatever it was was good.

For contrast here's one of the boys; dishes:

IMG_0045.JPG

One of Chris's dishes with some mac n cheese, a drumstick and peel and eat shrimp for an idea of other things on the buffet.

Ricky was fine with some of the chicken and the turkey and mac n cheese but wasn't really "feeling" the meal so he was a little crabby. In the meantime I was on the lookout for a DISer who was supposed to have an ADR not long after us and right before we were ready for dessert I spied her! Dina @kittylady1972 and her extended family were seen to a big table almost directly across from us! They played musical chairs for awhile lol and once they settled down and had their drinks (yes I was like a stalker watching from the corner of my eye) I went over and said hello!

IMG_0061 (2).JPG

It was so nice to finally meet after following each others' reports here for so long and following each others' families on FB! We just talked for a few quick minutes as she still had to eat and we had to finish up and get to AK; I did mange to take a few dessert buffet pictures coming up in the next post!

BOMA CONTINUED

I thought the desserts might thrill Ricky but they really didn't thrill any of us! The only one Ricky liked were the mini Malva cakes which I think are the ones in this first pictures with the apple cobbler. He'd had the malva cake at one of the stands in AK back in April and enjoyed that::duck:

IMG_0053.JPG

More desserts including mini cheesecakes and the ever popular zebra domes which I don't like :duck:

IMG_0055.JPG

Now this last picture is the one that had my favorites even though the desserts here aren't the highlight for me. I did like the apple cobbler and then the brownies below were good too :

IMG_0056.JPG

We all ate a bit and then it was to AK for some FP's!

Interesting enough we were there for just a short time when Ricky declared he was hungry but did not want meat because that's all he'd had for dinner. So Steve took him to Restaurantosaurus where he got..........a grilled chicken sandwich.

tdayak.jpg

You can't tell in our EE photo but after that sandwich he was happy - that's his normal ride-photo-face- we also had FP's for the safari and FOP. We hung around and watched the Tree of Life awakenings a bit and then that was our holiday! The park was crowded despite being the "best" park for the day but we still sincerely love being there over Thanksgiving!

Attachments

• IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 2
The poop story about Chris had me laughing so hard! My son is just nine, but I’m sure I’ll be picking him up early at a friend’s house in a few years because he has to go and has to do it on home turf. He proclaimed proudly after a vacation we took last week, “We were gone four days and not once did I use a public washroom!”

Wonderful reviews and pics. Thank You!!!!
Thank you, and :welcome: to the DIS and my report!
Thank you for writing about adding on CL!! I had asked over on the resorts board about how to do it (I have heard Coronado has the same offering) and I got tore apart for asking lol I actually couldn't believe how many people jumped down my throat when I know its a thing!!

So do you just request it when you check in? I would definitely add it on at WL if I ever stay there again in a non-dvc room, its been my favorite CL so far!
What?? Now I need to go over and see what that was all about! I've seen others ask about adding CL and they don't get ripped apart that's nuts! So yes all you do when you check in and tell them you want to add CL :thumbsup2
I also want to offer my condolences on the loss of your mother in law. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Also congrats on the the new grandchild. When there is rain, there is also a rainbow. :hug:
That is so true ❤ It was incredible, in a surreal way, how the wonderfulness of our grandchild coming was so close to us losing my MIL. My grandmother (years ago)lost her favorite brother 2 days before I (her first grandchild was born) and she'd often remark how I brightened her right back up; this was the other day around but still a rainbow of sorts :)
Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Can't wait to see the big game tonight :earboy2:
Hope your team wins 🏈
Your pictures have me missing our one and only CL stay at Wilderness Lodge. It was one of our favorite trips and cemented it as our favorite resort.
I remember you talking about your CL stay; and the cobbler lol. I know you'd still like it as long as it's not during a festival! At least at WL if you book regular you can decide last minute if you want to add it

The poop story about Chris had me laughing so hard! My son is just nine, but I’m sure I’ll be picking him up early at a friend’s house in a few years because he has to go and has to do it on home turf. He proclaimed proudly after a vacation we took last week, “We were gone four days and not once did I use a public washroom!”
It wasn't even the first time it's happened 😂 I get it I guess; aren't we all most comfy at home? But geez you're a guy; c'mon lol!

Thank you, and :welcome: to the DIS and my report!

What?? Now I need to go over and see what that was all about! I've seen others ask about adding CL and they don't get ripped apart that's nuts! So yes all you do when you check in and tell them you want to add CL :thumbsup2

That is so true ❤ It was incredible, in a surreal way, how the wonderfulness of our grandchild coming was so close to us losing my MIL. My grandmother (years ago)lost her favorite brother 2 days before I (her first grandchild was born) and she'd often remark how I brightened her right back up; this was the other day around but still a rainbow of sorts :)

Hope your team wins 🏈

I remember you talking about your CL stay; and the cobbler lol. I know you'd still like it as long as it's not during a festival! At least at WL if you book regular you can decide last minute if you want to add it
Something similar happened to us. We found out our 3rd child was going to be another boy a few weeks after my BIL passed away. The name was picked before he passed, but I know it brought a lot of comfort to DH's family knowing there was another Tommy in the family.

I love my 4Runner. I needed to upgrade from my midsize sedan for my 14 year old football player and friends. I never expected to like something so big, but I love her very much. I don’t even get panic attacks parking anymore! I hope you and your 4Runner have many years together.

I love BOMA, but I am always afraid to recommend it, as it is different food. It is actually one of the places that the girls love going to, as well.

Glad to hear you guys had a good Thanksgiving Day! I mean how bad could it be, if you are at Disney!?! Well, I guess you could choose the wrong things to do on that day! How bad was Black Friday? We will be flying in on Black Friday. But I dont' think I have us going to a park, just resort hopping to see decorations. I think. All my trips are blurring together!

Can't wait to see you in a week!!!!

We've had dinner at Boma a few times and have always enjoyed it. I do wish that they had a little better set up, though, so you could get your soups and salads without waiting in the entire line. I don't like to get everything at once and I've gotten yelled at when I tried to grab just some soup or something without waiting in the long line.
More desserts including mini cheesecakes and the ever popular zebra domes which I don't like :duck:
I'm not a big fan of Zebra domes or Dole Whips, two very popular snacks.
Interesting enough we were there for just a short time when Ricky declared he was hungry but did not want meat because that's all he'd had for dinner. So Steve took him to Restaurantosaurus where he got..........a grilled chicken sandwich.
That drives me crazy, especially after a buffet meal where you can eat as much as you want. :)
It was incredible, in a surreal way, how the wonderfulness of our grandchild coming was so close to us losing my MIL.
We had that happen with our family. My MIL died one month before our first grandchild was born and my mother died six weeks after he was born. It was very sad to lose them both in such a sort time. But with a brand new baby to love it really helped to put things in perspective.

Tomorrow our grandson is coming to visit so looking forward to that also! And then Sunday will be one week until we leave for Disney :goodvibes
So much excitement in the coming days!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: Will you be at the MK mini-epic meet-up on Monday morning of your trip?!

Another plate, one of Steve's, so you can see veggies:
:rotfl: Of all the yummy sounding things on that buffet and he chose vegetables?! :sad2: :laughing:

What a wonderful Thanksgiving! My family and I stayed just once over Thanksgiving in 1993 (years/dates I've been to Disney are the only thing in my life I remember with certainty... :rolleyes: ) and I remember it being so wonderful! We also stayed for Christmas in 1997. Holidays at Disney are the best :goodvibes And how nice you finally got to meet a Diser you've known for so long on here!

Enjoy your time with your grandson!!!

Something similar happened to us. We found out our 3rd child was going to be another boy a few weeks after my BIL passed away. The name was picked before he passed, but I know it brought a lot of comfort to DH's family knowing there was another Tommy in the family.
I completely understand that xoxo
I love my 4Runner. I needed to upgrade from my midsize sedan for my 14 year old football player and friends. I never expected to like something so big, but I love her very much. I don’t even get panic attacks parking anymore!
lol! I am LOVING driving this baby! And I really didn't think I'd find something to love the way I loved my Durango. I sit even higher in the 4Runner!
I love BOMA, but I am always afraid to recommend it, as it is different food. It is actually one of the places that the girls love going to, as well.
True but they do have a few "normal" dishes too! I just always have people look at what's listed on the menu and only if they say they aren't picky.
How bad was Black Friday? We will be flying in on Black Friday. But I dont' think I have us going to a park, just resort hopping to see decorations. I think. All my trips are blurring together!
😂 I know, that's what happens to mine. I never remember where we're flying out of/ in to or what our schedule is on any given day with a few exceptions. Not a bad problem to have :goodvibes We've done MK early in the morning on Black Friday once or twice and generally do Epcot - used to be because that's when the storytellers started. Now they start earlier but since I usually shop on Black Friday at home, doing the storytellers and visiting the festival booths now gives me that "now it's Christmas" Black Friday feeling! MK gets nuts; Epcot WS gets crowded but totally doable.
Can't wait to see you in a week!!!!
One week from tomorrow :cheer2:
We've had dinner at Boma a few times and have always enjoyed it. I do wish that they had a little better set up, though, so you could get your soups and salads without waiting in the entire line. I don't like to get everything at once and I've gotten yelled at when I tried to grab just some soup or something without waiting in the long line.
You know I agree with that! Same here when I get soup or salad; I usually just "cut" although I try not to think of it that way and others should understand but.....at least we aren't cutting a ride line!
I'm not a big fan of Zebra domes or Dole Whips, two very popular snacks.
::yes:: no Dole Whip for me either - although earlier this year I did try the pineapple upside down dole whip cake or something like that and it was better with the cake but still way too sweet for me. And given my huge sweet tooth that's saying something.
So much excitement in the coming days!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: Will you be at the MK mini-epic meet-up on Monday morning of your trip?!
OMG wait, I don't even remember my schedule that day :rotfl2: You mean the 19th right? I think I planned on going to HS because a bunch of others were going to be there that morning? Now I need to look......
What a wonderful Thanksgiving! My family and I stayed just once over Thanksgiving in 1993 (years/dates I've been to Disney are the only thing in my life I remember with certainty... :rolleyes: )
LOL I can run through all the kids' visits and they've been around 20x already :goodvibes Thanksgiving truly is my favorite time of the year to go, you get Xmas stuff without the Xmas week crowds! But I am looking forward to your first NYE trip this year...............

I'm wondering what they'll do and if they'll add something to the new show. Especially now that I want to keep going for the 4th lol

Yay! I hope you'll be there next year!

Well Ricky felt so sick 🤢 and Chris is, ya know, Chris ....... I had to pick him up early from a friends house tonight because he had to poop and wouldn't do it there :(

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Tomorrow our grandson is coming to visit so looking forward to that also! And then Sunday will be one week until we leave for Disney :goodvibes

Awesome and awesome!

we were doing something we'd been missing for years from HS - the Animation Academy that they now had a version of at AOA.

We miss that too. I'm disappointed to hear that it sucks :sad2:

This really kind of sucked because it was just a video of a CM drawing Donald. Oh well, I did enjoy and it seemed the kids did even though Ricky complained a bit! It was the theme today sort of for him. Here's Steve's finished product!

IMG_0036.JPG

Nice job, Steve!

Oh my, after ALL that food at Boma?!

We hung around and watched the Tree of Life awakenings a bit and then that was our holiday! The park was crowded despite being the "best" park for the day but we still sincerely love being there over Thanksgiving!

It's definitely on my bucket list but I would feel like I'm abandoning my family since I always do Thanksgiving here unless I'm working, which is supposed to be every other year and up until now I've never worked on Thanksgiving Day but I think my luck is about to run out and I'll be working 12 hours on Thanksgiving and then because Mike loves Thanksgiving so much, I'll be cooking all day on Friday. Now you see why I want to go to WDW for Thanksgiving??:crazy2:

Ahhh it looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at Boma!

I sure loved our breakfast there in January!

We spent Thanksgiving Day in AK in 2017 and it wasn’t even crowded, we loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!