Dessert Party Help!

Mikey Rozario

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I'll apologise first in case this has been answered before, but searching on a phone is a bit of a nightmare.

Me and my fiancé are currently planning our Escape Wedding and are looking into dessert parties.

We've got it down to two locations - Sago Cay Pointe or Marina Terrace.

As we're both massive fans of Wishes (although it's now Happily Ever After) we'd like to get the music played through whilst we watch the fireworks. We've been told that with Marina Patio, there isn't an additional charge, and the music is played through the permanent sound system. With Sago Cay Point, there is a charge as they need to bring a sound system in.

Has anyone had/been to a desser party at either location and could comment on how good the audio is?

Hopefully that makes sense! Thanks in advanced for your help :)

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! :cloud9: We had our dessert party at the Marina and while our guests were enjoying it from there, just before the show we moved down and had some pictures / video taken nearer to Sago Cay and we could still hear the music there if that helps?

The view from the Marina is just breathtaking as the castle is right in front of you and certainly has more wow factor for your guests, however as it's closer to the GF buildings, we did notice some other hotel guests hanging around so didn't feel really *that* private (it was roped off and we had a CM looking after us but it's just something I noticed that you may want to take into consideration).

While we were at Sago Cay for our pics, there was no one else around us, so it did feel that more private if that's more important to you? The firework views from both are incredible though!

Another factor could be the pricing for you, as it used to be the Marina was double the food and beverage minimums than Sago Cay (not sure if this is still true though) - I don't think you can go wrong with either to be honest, wish we could do ours all over again! :lovestruc

We have a large group and the dessert party is going to encompass both areas. I have been many times to watch the fireworks on my own from those areas and although you can slightly hear the music at the marina through the speakers they have there it is very difficult. I am pretty sure our planner said that we would be adding music there. I don't have all the details on it yet though.

Liz

Thanks for your responses guys!

I think we're going to go with Sago Cay, as even with the cost of the music, once we add the food and drink it's still coming in cheaper than the minimum spend for Marina Patio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter