Dessert Party Minimums

Turn the Page

DIS Veteran
Hello everybody.

We did an Illuminations dessert party for our wedding about 3 years ago and with the news that Illuminations in ending and a new nighttime show starting next year I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to do another dessert party.

I was browsing around Lurkyloo's site to refresh my memory on the fees involved for various venues around World Showcase and it appears things have changed.

The page I saw listed the various fees and food and beverage minimums for the different venues but then it said there was a $3000 minimum for Disney Catered events now. Does that mean no more small dessert parties or does the $3000 minimum only apply to full meals or are dessert parties handled by another department?

Yep, a couple years ago Disney Catered Events (the only way to book a private event outside of Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings) instituted its own overall minimum expenditure to discourage people from booking small parties. It's $3,000 Mon-Thurs and $3,500 Fri-Sun. It can be met by any combination of services provided by Disney, so photography, decor, transportation, entertainment, the venue fees and the food and beverage costs. Just not tax and service charge.

Yep, a couple years ago Disney Catered Events (the only way to book a private event outside of Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings) instituted its own overall minimum expenditure to discourage people from booking small parties. It's $3,000 Mon-Thurs and $3,500 Fri-Sun. It can be met by any combination of services provided by Disney, so photography, decor, transportation, entertainment, the venue fees and the food and beverage costs. Just not tax and service charge.

Followup question @lurkyloo , if i wanted to book a private dessert party after a s&d wedding, it's a $3,000 minimum mon-thurs?

What are we talking if we go through DFTW?

@TropicalDIS Yep—$3,000 Mon–Thurs, regardless of season. The only way to book one via Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings is to have a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts