Dessert Party Questions

Thank you so much lurkyloo! We have chosen the Italy West location for our 25th wedding anniversary. What is the timeframe for earliest you can start the dessert party? I'm also one to hang out after RoE, I'm guessing maybe 30 minutes after the fireworks to hang out there? Or I guess what I'm asking is how long before and after do you have the area and the desserts and drinks?

In general the party lasts an hour (8:30-9:30 when IllumiNations is at 9:00), but you can extend it—usually people only add half an hour. If you want to extend the food service to more than an hour, you will pay a pro-rated per-person fee based on the price of the menu, but if you just want the time, that's free. :thumbsup2

Thank You in advance for any answers i'm new to the disboards and love reading about everyone's weddings we hope all our expectations come true at our wedding!

We're doing a dessert party in Morocco after our escape wedding and in our Disney contract it talks about having to rent a Disney charter bus to get people to the dessert party my guests will already be at the park that day since we're getting married at 12 they wanted to spend time at the park before the dessert party. If you have the dessert party in Epcot do you have to rent the carter bus? Has anyone had this in their contract? :confused3

DFTW can be funny about letting you walk to (or just meet up at) a dessert party location in Epcot. If you were in the UK or France they'd probably be OK, but they seem to think Italy, Morocco, etc. are too far to walk from the International Gateway with a guide (which is the alternative to a bus).

I'd explain to them that all of your guests will be in the park already (this is also important so you don't have to pay a viewing fee for those who have park admission already—you can get it reimbursed after the party) and it makes no sense to force them to leave the park to go to a resort to meet a bus to go to Morocco.

Does anyone know if DP's are blacked out during holiday weeks, such as Easter? I'm looking at April 2014, the day after Easter potentially for the DP but it may prove too difficult to have the wedding that week due to the holiday and crowd levels.
Thanks!

So far they have not announced a similar practice during other holidays. Food & Wine is different because it attracts hordes of tourists and locals to Epcot specifically, whereas the holiday crowds are distributed among all the theme parks.

Disney's event planning sent me three sample menus for Hollywood Studios and they look soooo yummy!
I asked if the price was the same for children and my event person told me we could work with the chef on a special kid's menu.
Has anyone done this for a dessert party?
Any idea on the price?
The three menus I was sent were $24, $25 and $26 per person.

I'm seriously thinking about having a DP at the Contemporary Resort, but I have no idea who I need to contact about making my reservation!! :confused3 Can anyone help? :worship:

MickeysStarTrader said:
I'm seriously thinking about having a DP at the Contemporary Resort, but I have no idea who I need to contact about making my reservation!! :confused3 Can anyone help? :worship:

Disney catered events, but I don't have the number with me. Have you checked Carrie's book? Or her website? Disney travel babble.

Disney's event planning sent me three sample menus for Hollywood Studios and they look soooo yummy!
I asked if the price was the same for children and my event person told me we could work with the chef on a special kid's menu.
Has anyone done this for a dessert party?
Any idea on the price?
The three menus I was sent were $24, $25 and $26 per person.

I haven't heard of anyone doing a separate kids menu because kids are charged at the same rate as adults. I think people usually just add a couple kid-friendly options to the one menu. But it would be nice to offer them their own thing!

The price of any dessert menu just depends on what you select. If you customized any of those sample menus, the price could go up or down.

What she said! :rotfl: If you're having a Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding, just ask your planner. Otherwise, as long as you're staying at a Disney-owned resort, you can work with Disney Catered Events to plan one. All the info, phone numbers, etc. is here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/

Are Epcot dessert parties still blocked out on Fridays and Saturdays during food and wine festival? We were hoping for our wedding to be the end of October or beginning of November 2016, and this is during food and wine festival. We definitely want to do an Epcot DP and we're looking at a Friday or Saturday!!!! This is terrible news If true

Is it just Epcot dessert parties that are blacked out during the Food and Wine festival?

Are the dessert party menus the same for all locations?

Does anyone have any more info on Fantasmic or Contemporary Resort DPs?

Thank you! :goodvibes
Are they still blacked out on Fridays and Saturdays for 2015/2016?! :( we definitely wanted to do an Epcot dessert party and were looking at October or November

It's been true up through this point but you should always double check with your planner. There are a couple of other options if DPs in Epcot are blocked...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter