Desserts, Drinks and Dis Meets With Jen and Joe on the Go COMPLETE! 1/2020

Yay for new Magic Bands. I think I've managed to resist getting new ones ONCE...and then one time I totally forgot to customize and we ended up with all gray which worked out since for that trip my FIL totally forgot to bring a MB with him. I mentioned in my recent TR that I just really wanted that white band with the castle so I got it. I really have too many I'm sure now. I need to turn some in on our next trip I think.
I think I’m an addict. Lol!!!!

Good evening!!! I'm sorry this took so long to post, but Joe and I got stuck a little later at work than we expected. Anyway, here is our new YouTube vlog featuring our breakfast at Garden Grill, where we meet a couple of Disney friends, ride Living With the Land and reconnect with a few princesses. ENJOY!!!

This was SO cute... especially Gia dancing!!
After talking with @ariane37 we've figured out that we need a few more dining reservations. I'm not sure if these will stick, but we have them just in case...We have The Plaza reserved for lunch after we spend time in HS. We weren't feeling anything in HS, so The Plaza is always a consistently good lunch option. I cannot wait to eat those loaded fries again. They are sooooo yummy!!! We've also booked Tokyo Dining for our Epcot day for lunch (in case we end up booking a certain tour in Epcot, cause we know we will be hungry after it ends). I'm excited about this one because its been a long time since Joe and I have been here and we LOVE sushi!!! I will definitely need to check out the menu to see what's changed...
Sounds great!
We were about done with Epcot at this point (not by choice). Gia wanted to go swimming back at the resort and being the wonderful auntie and uncle that we are left Epcot for the day and headed back to the resort. We got back to the room, changed into our swimsuits and made our way to the pool. We found chairs, slathered on the sunscreen and spent a few hours relaxing in the water. We also played and won a game of Bingo. As a prize, Gia picked out a little pig stuffed animal.
I am a big fan of pool afternoons. :)
So, I forgot to mention, but the other day, I ordered Joe and I new Magic Bands for our January trip. I got myself a black band with all the Toy Story characters on it and I got Joe the Haunted Mansion wallpaper band. He has no idea. I thought I'd surprise him. Next up, looking for new bands for our March vaca...Does anyone else go crazy and get new Magic bands for each trip???
Absolutely! I got the Dole Whip band in the summer and ordered the white castle band for my December trip.

Storybook Dining!

For dinner, it was time to head over to the Wilderness Lodge. This is my absolute favorite resort and any time I can find a reason to stop by, I'm all over it. Tonight, it would be to enjoy a meal. We had 6 pm reservations at Artist Point/Storybook Dining. We parked the car and walked around the resort a while. We checked in a little early for our reservation but were seated almost immediately. We have had the opportunity to attend this character meal twice now and we really like it. The food is really good, especially the mushroom bisque. The service has been decent. But the character interaction has been top notch, especially the Evil Queen. According to Snow White, she's not evil, just misunderstood...

We placed our drink orders first. Joe and I both decided to get Brew of Peaches. Joe loved this. Me, not so much. It honestly tasted like medicine and I immediately regretted not ordering the Poison Apple martini again. For apps, we were brought that delicious, smokey, mushroom bisque, shrimp and sausage pate with crackers. We actually asked for another order of shrimp because it was so good. For our entrees, Joe ordered the sustainable fish and I had the roasted chicken with roasted potatoes and grilled vegetables. We both enjoyed our meals. For dessert, we were given mini gooseberry pies, poison apple treats and a layered cake. We liked everything but the gooseberry pie was the sure stand out. It tasted just like warm apple pie. The only thing missing was the whip cream. Then, our server brought out the Huntsmen's Chest which was filled with caramel popcorn and heart shaped chocolates filled with chocolate ganache. YUM!

I would not hesitate to dine here again. There's something magical about dining in an enchanted forest under twinkling lights. The food is really good for a character meal and the character interaction is so much fun. Snow White spent a great deal of time with us and gave Gia a kiss on her forehead, which she was not thrilled about washing off her face at the end of the night.

Next up, we spend some time in Disney Springs and make a stop at Vineland to do a little outlet shopping at the Disney Character Warehouse...

9BEE686E-0845-4748-A53E-EFED7DF18F73.jpeg1248FD47-9CC6-420F-9E95-A59E4E87B8BB.jpeg98F3809B-4EB0-4075-A082-D72CE2C8286F.jpegE1051F81-1FB0-4D6A-88A8-E90923DB2ABF.jpegEFB26BF9-961B-4815-9AAB-3ABBC5CF01D1.jpeg52D66E6C-893F-4AC5-B0A3-FBAADFF56960.jpeg4030C791-4559-4CC6-B2EF-8A3D17B29048.jpeg6EE773C3-7A33-4D1B-B56B-AAD8A3FE83F8.jpegD3FC8CFA-716A-46A5-B04D-46A86425B6C7.jpegFD5BF6A5-1D28-44B7-88CE-E0E16DDE1A19.jpeg

Last edited:

It was so fun!!!! The food is really good too.

Love the photos and totally agree...this was definitely the highlight of our October trip for me. We really enjoyed the food and I wish I had thought to ask for more of it...didn't know that was an option. The mushroom soup was good...but I felt ours was a bit too salty...which is saying a lot since I LOVE salt and have been known to salt movie popcorn so much that other people can't eat it. The Evil Queen is so good too.

We were headed to POFQ for the next 4 nights. This is by far my favorite moderate resort. I love the theming and the small size of the resort.
I had tried to stay at POFQ so many times when I was oing with my parents on a regular basis but never could. Finally, finally...I got to stay there in May on the DIS trip and we loved it! So we stayed again last month for our second adults only trip and now we have it booked for our March trip with the boys because I think they will really enjoy that pool!
When we realized our mistake, Joe walked over to the nearest CM and told her our plight. She said not to worry about it and to have a magical day. SCORE!!! We had front row parking at 10:30 am and we weren't being charged for it. :cool1:
Nice!!
Hollywood and Vine was really, really good. I was a bit hesitant to try this charcater meal but it turned out to be a new fav. The character interaction was top notch and since I was alone, the CM's were more than willing to take pics of Gia and me with the characters. The food on the buffet ranged from fresh salad offerings to crab claws, shrimp and hot pasta dishes. The desserts were typical Disney: cupcakes, brownies, cookies etc. Everything was delicious. We were given a ticket to take our picture with Minnie at the front of the restaurant and Donald, Daisy, Mickey, and Goofy visited our table. They were all dressed in their Halloween finest, which made for some really cute pictures.
We have always done breakfast there and enjoyed it but we are doing dinner for our upcoming holiday trip! Can't wait to see them in their Christmas outfits!
finally got to ride Alien Swirling Saucers with only a 15-minute wait. I was really nervous about this ride because I don't like rides that spin. But, as everyone said, this one had no spinning. It's more of a whip and sooooo much fun. I can't wait to ride it again!!!!
I am not a spinner ride person but I too love Aliens! Its just so fun and I laugh the whole ride!
He was on the hunt for key lime pie on a stick. We found it by where the Incredibles hang out and dance. This was an awesome snack. He saw this in a DFB vlog months ago and since key lime pie is his favorite dessert, he knew he had to try it.
I loved this when I tried it last summer! So good!

Love the photos and totally agree...this was definitely the highlight of our October trip for me. We really enjoyed the food and I wish I had thought to ask for more of it...didn't know that was an option. The mushroom soup was good...but I felt ours was a bit too salty...which is saying a lot since I LOVE salt and have been known to salt movie popcorn so much that other people can't eat it. The Evil Queen is so good too.
I just think for a character meal that it's really good. I would go back in a heartbeat!

I had tried to stay at POFQ so many times when I was oing with my parents on a regular basis but never could. Finally, finally...I got to stay there in May on the DIS trip and we loved it! So we stayed again last month for our second adults only trip and now we have it booked for our March trip with the boys because I think they will really enjoy that pool!
It's my favorite moderate. I love that it's small and everything in the resort is super easy to get to.

I loved this when I tried it last summer! So good!
Joe's praying they keep it around. LOL!

The "misunderstood" queen seems like she'd provide a memorable character interaction.
She was so good!!!! Some of the things she said were hysterical.

This is my absolute favorite resort and any time I can find a reason to stop by, I'm all over it.
::yes::
For apps, we were brought that delicious, smokey, mushroom bisque, shrimp and sausage pate with crackers.
So of course I'd be all over the mushroom bisque! But in all honestly besides not wanting to eat there simply to protest what they've done to the original AP the other apps just don't appeal to me nor do the dessert selections! But I do love all your pictures ♥

Great experience at Storybook Dining. I love all the pictures and so true about the Evil Queen, she is spot on and worth the dinner price alone!!

But I do love all your pictures ♥
You're the sweetest!!!!!!

Great experience at Storybook Dining. I love all the pictures and so true about the Evil Queen, she is spot on and worth the dinner price alone!!
I'm hoping to go back in September if we end up booking another trip then...

What a brilliant dining experience! Fab photos too! Looks like a fun night :)
AWW! Thank you. It was such a great meal!

After all, this was Gia's birthday trip and she wasn't thrilled about stopping every few feet so Uncle "Goey" and Auntie "EE" could sample the fare
She wasn't? Sounds like a kids fantasy birthday to me :P

We first stopped at the new Alps booth and tried the Raclette cheese fondue. It's served with warm, crusty bread, pickles, and potatoes. This was heaven in my mouth. It was soooooo good!!!
Looks and sounds awesome. I would so be all over this!

Joe got the grapefruit beer from the Germany beer cart (I can't remember what it's called as it has a very long German name).
Schnifzershipweisenheinzinwartz :P

82FC9D57-8247-47BD-9157-95164EFCC2F0.jpeg
Dying!!!!!! This may be my favorite ride photo ever. Kudos to Joe!

Does anyone else go crazy and get new Magic bands for each trip???
I do now that they went and got all fancy on us

The food is really good, especially the mushroom bisque.
:crazy2:

I would not hesitate to dine here again. There's something magical about dining in an enchanted forest under twinkling lights. The food is really good for a character meal and the character interaction is so much fun.
The food there does look great but I'm still bitter Artist Point is gone. Now only if it didn't have characters :P

💋💋💋

I think you and your face could seriously give the evil queen a run for her money

She wasn't? Sounds like a kids fantasy birthday to me :P

Looks and sounds awesome. I would so be all over this!

Schnifzershipweisenheinzinwartz :P

Dying!!!!!! This may be my favorite ride photo ever. Kudos to Joe!

I do now that they went and got all fancy on us

:crazy2:

The food there does look great but I'm still bitter Artist Point is gone. Now only if it didn't have characters :P

💋💋💋

I think you and your face could seriously give the evil queen a run for her money

OMG! The food at the Alps booth was the best!!!!

I’m biter about Artist Point too. But Snow is Joe’s fav and he needed his fix. Lol!!!

The Evil Queen was hilarious. She called Joe a peasant and told him to leave.

I miss you sister wife.:love:

Fast Pass Update and A Very Special Vlog Coming Up Later Today...

Yesterday, I woke up at the unGodly hour of 6 am to make our fast pass selection for January. The bad news is that I had to get up early on a Saturday and who wants to do that??? LOL! The good news is that I got everything I wanted.

Fast pass day is always so stressful for me. I always worry that I'm logging in on the wrong day (yep, that's happened to me before, just ask @ariane37 ). I'm worried the site will crash (yep, that's happened too). And, finally, I always get nervous that I won't be able to snag that coveted FP like FoP or SDD. Does anyone else worry like me on their FP day???

Thankfully, I was able to get FoP, SDD, TSMM, FEA, the safari, EE and 7DMT. As the trip gets closer, I will post all of our plans. Right now, some of the dining MAY change so I don't want to post our exact plans until I'm a little more sure of what's going on. That being said, plans will most likely change a little bit when we are actually there and that's ok...

As for the new vlog...Joe and I are going to talk about Disney Etiquette. Yep, we're going to say out loud what a lot of you may be thinking when you are at Disney but are a little nervous to put out there in the universe. Hee! Hee! Joe and I both think this vlog is hilarious and I hope you will check it out. We talk about things like stopping in the middle of a walkway instead of pulling off to the side (this is a major pet peeve of mine). We also touch upon people cleaning their kid's butts in water fountains. I've actually seen this!!! I know. GROSS!!!

So, hopefully, you all will check out our latest vlog later today...I promise it will give you a good laugh...:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter