Desserts, Drinks and Dis Meets With Jen and Joe on the Go COMPLETE! 1/2020

I'm thinking about Olivia's as Joe and I haven't been there in ages and we love it...😍

Yum!! We tried Olivia's for the first time on our last trip and thought it was great! Or at least I did. The hubby thought it was just okay, but my biased opinion is that he just didn't order well for something he'd actually enjoy. 😆

4. Toledo/dinner (new to me and Joe)
5. Yak and Yei/lunch

Yum Yak and Yeti! (That's a lot of Y's!) I'll be interested to hear about how Toledo is :)

I'm DEFINITELY NOT riding on the gondolas...Nope, not happening...

Haha yeah, I was thinking about giving them a try, despite my discomfort with heights or anything that rocks/swings...but after the collision issue and people getting stuck I'm not sure I'm willing to give it a try anymore!

I'll be interested to hear about how Toledo is :)
I've only heard and read positive things so far so I hope it holds up!

Haha yeah, I was thinking about giving them a try, despite my discomfort with heights or anything that rocks/swings...but after the collision issue and people getting stuck I'm not sure I'm willing to give it a try anymore!
Yep, solid NO for me!!!!

I can't believe how expensive the March flights are! I've been watching the ones I booked every day hoping for a decrease lol hopefully they will drop a little closer to March! I definitely don't remember flight prices like this last year!

I can't believe how expensive the March flights are! I've been watching the ones I booked every day hoping for a decrease lol hopefully they will drop a little closer to March! I definitely don't remember flight prices like this last year!
March is always crazy high for Chicago flights. When we found the lower than normal
Prices, we jumped on it. I’m hoping they come down too. Also stalking Gran Destino for CL...

Hi Jenny! Better late than never! My attendance here has been spotty as work is crazy.

I'm glad your kitty is doing better. Emergency vet bills are no joke. What we do for our pets!

I saw the Tim Tracker video at B&B and I've always wanted to try that. It looked delicious.

What a haul! Your snack credit bag looks like what I brought home last Christmas. There was a guy in the resort gift shop with 44 leftover snack credits that day, so I didn't feel too bad.

Our of curiosity, how does the chocolate candy hold up in the heat and humidity of the MNSSHP? I haven't attended a Halloween party in about five years and I thought we mostly got non-chocolate candy.

We booked air last night. As you all know, March is spring break time and airfare is usually outrageous...But, we found a decent price on Southwest and decided to book

It is! I booked opening day and it was already crazy :crazy2:

The ONLY thing that absolutely sucks about this flight is that the flight to Tampa leaves at 5:45 am. Yep, I know...I said I would NEVER book the early flight again. But, the flight was just slightly over $100. pp and worth the extremely early wake-up.

It's worth it, although you'll barely get any sleep the night before. How long of a drive do you have to the airport?

I'm DEFINITELY NOT riding on the gondolas...Nope, not happening...

Yikes…I know. I thought I would give them a go, but now I'm not so sure. And I don't know if Mike would get on them anyway.

It is! I booked opening day and it was already crazy :crazy2:

It's worth it, although you'll barely get any sleep the night before. How long of a drive do you have to the airport?

Yikes…I know. I thought I would give them a go, but now I'm not so sure. And I don't know if Mike would get on them anyway.
I’m gonna keep checking to hopefully get a credit.
It takes close to an hour to get to the airport. Sigh.
Gondolas=NO WAY!!!!:P

Ok I cheated and watched your vlog today and I have to say Joe really knows how to rock a pair of ears! New work head ware perhaps :confused3 He'd definitely cheer his colleagues up with that look :rotfl::thumbsup2 Normally I save your Thursday vlog for Sunday mornings but this Sunday my eldest and only daughter turns 30 and her husband is away with work and not home until that evening so we (me, her dad and 2 brothers) will be doing a birthday breakfast with her and her little boy which is just my really long way of saying I watched today because Sunday will be a wee bit busy but why use 2 words when 20 + will do!:rotfl2:
Love the cinderella castle bag and I'm with you Jen -always nice to have a little disney magic at home pixiedust:

Sunday, September 22nd...We Start our day in HS...

It was time to check out of the Hilton Disney Springs and head over to the resort we would be spending the rest of our stay at. We were headed to POFQ for the next 4 nights. This is by far my favorite moderate resort. I love the theming and the small size of the resort. We arrived at the hotel and went to check-in. Even though I did online check-in, I still like to go to the desk. Our room wasn't ready so we stored our bags with bell services, got back in the car and drove over to HS. Joe made the mistake of driving into preferred parking. When we realized our mistake, Joe walked over to the nearest CM and told her our plight. She said not to worry about it and to have a magical day. SCORE!!! We had front row parking at 10:30 am and we weren't being charged for it. :cool1:

We walked the incredibly short walk to scan our bands and decided we needed something quick to eat before we went our separate ways. Yep, we were spending the morning apart at HS. Joe was going to Batuu and Gia and I had a lunch date with a few "friends." We grabbed some fruit and walked through a few shops. While biting into a piece of pineapple, I got our room ready text. YAY! Our room was already waiting for us!!! Another score! Before we knew it, it was time to split up. Joe went off to a galaxy far far away, and Gia and I walked over to Hollywood and Vine.

Hollywood and Vine was really, really good. I was a bit hesitant to try this charcater meal but it turned out to be a new fav. The character interaction was top notch and since I was alone, the CM's were more than willing to take pics of Gia and me with the characters. The food on the buffet ranged from fresh salad offerings to crab claws, shrimp and hot pasta dishes. The desserts were typical Disney: cupcakes, brownies, cookies etc. Everything was delicious. We were given a ticket to take our picture with Minnie at the front of the restaurant and Donald, Daisy, Mickey, and Goofy visited our table. They were all dressed in their Halloween finest, which made for some really cute pictures.

After lunch, we met back up with Joe. He spent his time riding the Millenium Falcon, dodging Stormtroopers and drinking at Oga's Cantina. We hooked back up in Toy Story Land. We spent the rest of the afternoon meeting with Woody and Bo-peep, used our FP for TSMM and finally got to ride Alien Swirling Saucers with only a 15-minute wait. I was really nervous about this ride because I don't like rides that spin. But, as everyone said, this one had no spinning. It's more of a whip and sooooo much fun. I can't wait to ride it again!!!!

We had so much fun in HS, but sadly, it was time to head out. But there was one more thing Joe wanted to do before we left the park. He was on the hunt for key lime pie on a stick. We found it by where the Incredibles hang out and dance. This was an awesome snack. He saw this in a DFB vlog months ago and since key lime pie is his favorite dessert, he knew he had to try it. Mission accomplished, we walked back to the car and drove back to our waiting room.

What were we going to do tonight??? A LOT!!! Stay tuned to find out how the 3 of us spend our evening. And, would we like our room location at POFQ???

EA5FC9F0-56ED-4B5E-AEA9-E56F247C99F8.jpegF2EEFF19-342B-4A19-A747-4016E6DB0B71.jpeg0BFCEA63-B6FD-4065-AFFC-983584BD6565.jpeg37B1E466-8DE2-4596-A252-6C64C7739353.jpegD6686EB3-07B1-4A86-843B-0206A1A3C0AB.jpeg707117EC-2DC4-470F-AA5D-BE5090F2A8CA.jpeg18A1185F-9F90-4C0D-AED5-3962583821C4.jpeg7DC7CB72-7B71-4287-94AA-42A077036A3E.jpeg3B62E883-4B33-4E09-B263-2AA6EFEBB178.jpeg95E1D024-A3A5-4F5D-ACD7-8D8323F702CD.jpeg

Last edited:
OMG I love all your HS pics especially Gia and Woody dancing :lovestruc
Key lime pie on a stick sounds heavenly 😋
Hope you're happy with the room and can't wait to see what you get up too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts