Desserts, Drinks and Dis Meets With Jen and Joe on the Go COMPLETE! 1/2020

MagicBand Update!

So, I just wanted to share some exciting news for those of you who have MagicBand addictions like I do...I received our January bands and just ordered our March bands. They are so freaking cute. I can’t stand it!!! Not sure why the first pic is sideways and the second one is blurry, but you can at least see which ones we picked out...I think the Villians one is super cool and will be cool to have for the DAH Villian's event Joe and I are attending in March!!!

78D2F1F8-33EB-4ACE-8DDA-8E2531A8D30C.jpeg1DA68C05-E7ED-4706-81A2-BDFE7CED2D73.jpeg

Last edited:
Cinderella's Royal Table

Let me preface this by saying that Joe and I have had dinner here once and breakfast here twice now in the last couple of years. The food and service have always been exceptionally good in my opinion. However, we had some issues this time around. First, we were not allowed to check-in for our reservation until our exact reservation time hit. For us, it was 10 am (this is crazy because Disney asks you to arrive to your sit down meals at least 20 mins prior to the reservation time). This meant that we weren't meeting Cinderella in the foyer until about 1020 and weren't seated for breakfast until well after 1030. There was a lot of standing around, which Joe and I felt was annoying, especially since the dining room was only half full. We also spent a good amount of time on the narrow staircase leading up to the dining area. For those of you who have been here, you know that this staircase is very narrow and it's the only way guests can come and go to the restaurant (there's an elevator for those who may need it). I personally think it's an accident waiting to happen...

Thankfully, the food and service was still very good and Gia loved spending time with the princesses. Snow White and Jasmine were amazing! They spend a good amount of time with her and posed for a lot of pics.

Would we go back? Nope. Waaaay too much time standing around. I think it's safe to say that we are 3 and done LOL and until we have grandchildren, there's no reason to go back. ☹

Sorry this was so negative but I felt the need to vent. I promise that my next post will be much more uplifting. Nope. Wait. It won't be. LOL! I forgot that the next vlog will involve not being able to see HEA because of a very tall man standing in front of us with his child on top of his shoulders obstructing our view...Great reason to watch our Etiquette vlog. I promise it will make you laugh!!!!

FB76B5F5-E019-4DA8-8CAA-951AFB5E1A09.jpegA289E8E6-6309-49D4-B84C-5FDC48299922.jpeg4655DABE-5471-41DF-A256-7DC1E8B4D875.jpeg3A5354B5-0D3C-434C-AB39-299189687C92.jpeg0856EBAF-B1D7-4D52-B023-ED65A39AB9D9.jpeg8A4FB2FF-7328-4277-83C7-117FAF043D86.jpegC96AE0FE-ECE1-476F-8282-32DFD4896C60.jpeg6DAFF862-18FF-4652-890D-D510B4DEE265.jpegF4ADD018-25B7-442E-B161-E321A5C8D63E.jpeg0E6E9493-2260-4C0B-9F6F-935E6A010F8C.jpeg

I remember loving those blueberry muffins. The checking in at your exact ADR time is not right. It was 5 minutes before when we checked in the last time. I do remember standing on those skinny stairs waiting 1x as well, not a good spot!

Seems odd to make guests check in at their exact reservation time. You would think the restaurant would want to get in you faster and thus, turn the tables over sooner. :confused3

I remember loving those blueberry muffins. The checking in at your exact ADR time is not right. It was 5 minutes before when we checked in the last time. I do remember standing on those skinny stairs waiting 1x as well, not a good spot!
The muffins were very good. Unfortunately, all the waiting around has turned me off from returning.

Seems odd to make guests check in at their exact reservation time. You would think the restaurant would want to get in you faster and thus, turn the tables over sooner. :confused3
It was really weird.

Such a shame. Ive had that happen too at Flying Fish and it was super frustrating. It was a lot of wasted time that I could have been doing something else. :mad: The food did look good though and I love that Gia was having such a nice time.

Ugh...sorry the CRT meal wasn't great. We haven't done a meal here in years...but part of me would love to go back just because the experience of eating in the castle is just so cool. With prices, and not princess people in our house right now, I don't it happening either until we have grandchildren.

Hi 👋Remember me??
I’ve fallen soooo far behind with the dis lately and your vlogs :(
So I’ve taken an executive decision and I’m going to have myself a wee ( or big as it happens) vlogathon on Sunday at the very latest so that I get all caught up again!
Love your photos. Shame that Cinderella’s royal table was a royal pain! I’ve only eaten there once, on Christmas Day 1998 with my then 9 and 1 year olds and my brother-in-law and his family. That was the very day we discovered that they did not sell alcohol in the Magic Kingdom :scared1: Talk about not doing your research lol. My brother-in-law actually asked them “what’s so magic about no wine with dinner “:rotfl:We had to promise to find him a decent bottle of red after our meal to soothe his lust for vino:rotfl:
I can’t imagine hanging about on those stairs being safe. As you say it’s an accident waiting to happen! Look on the bright side though - you can use the mega bucks you’ll save by not going there on scrumptious food at Bull and Bear :goodvibes

Magic Kingdom Vlog!!!

Hi everyone!!!! Just posted our new vlog. Join us as we spend time in the Magic Kingdom. We ride a bunch of rides like IASW and POTC and meet up with a few characters. Gia really enjoys her time with Ariel and has all kinds of questions for her.

Reactions: DLo
Such a shame. Ive had that happen too at Flying Fish and it was super frustrating. It was a lot of wasted time that I could have been doing something else. :mad: The food did look good though and I love that Gia was having such a nice time.
Honestly, it has made me not want to go back for a loooong time!!! ☹ At least Gia didn't seem to mind.

Ugh...sorry the CRT meal wasn't great.
It's all good, just won't be back for a while...

Hi 👋Remember me??
Of course, LOL! Welcome back!!!!

“what’s so magic about no wine with dinner “:rotfl:
LOL! This made me laugh. Alcohol always makes things more fun at Disney...

you can use the mega bucks you’ll save by not going there on scrumptious food at Bull and Bear :goodvibes
Ha! So true. Much better there all around!!!!:P

I'm behind............love the pictures at CRT! We've only eaten there once, for breakfast. I don't need to do it again lol and neither do the boys but I'm sure I'll be there at some point with Hayden. The food was fine at breakfast, standard, and the Princesses were great but it wasn't anything outstanding.

Nice MB's! I just got the HM one for our trip last week and still have to order for January and Steve's new AP band. I have a black Villains one that's all the male villains, it's ok but I like yours better. And for some reason that particular one kept coming unhooked? Oh and I lost my SE MB on Everest in October :sad2: Trying to decide if I reorder it or not. I loved it but don't know if I feel like spending $$ on the same band. But you know, it's totally ok to spend the $$ on a different band lol.

Nice MB's! I just got the HM one for our trip last week and still have to order for January and Steve's new AP band. I have a black Villains one that's all the male villains, it's ok but I like yours better. And for some reason that particular one kept coming unhooked? Oh and I lost my SE MB on Everest in October :sad2: Trying to decide if I reorder it or not. I loved it but don't know if I feel like spending $$ on the same band. But you know, it's totally ok to spend the $$ on a different band lol.
I would love the male villains one but it's never freaking available!!! That sucks that you lost your SE MB!!! I'd be peeved. I think it's totally ok to buy MB's any time (I give you permission)!!! But, I'm an addict. LOL!

Real Life and Disney Update...

Hi everyone! I hope you all are staying warm... I think the temperature here is 1, no joke. It's very cold and overcast, so a great day for staying home and doing nothing. Well, I shouldn't say nothing...Ash and I cut the 3 cat's nails and bathed them. The cats were not happy about this. Yep, we look like we went to war...But the cats are now super clean and fluffy and it makes me want to snuggle them. Also, laundry has been running for about 4 hours now and I think I can see the light...Other than that, Joe and I will be working on our next vlog (it will be posted tomorrow morning for anyone who is interested) and we are ordering Chinese food for dinner. Yum!

Christmas shopping is done, now the dreaded task of wrapping it...

In Disney news, @ariane37 and I booked a tour for January and I'm SUPER excited about it. It's called DestiNations and it's a behind the scenes tour in the World Showcase countries. This will be my second tour, the first one being Up Close with Rhinos which I also did with Ariane!!! 😘

Stay warm!!!

Bathing cats...that sounds daunting! Glad you were successful. :goodvibes

4 hours on laundry, sounds like my life. :rotfl: European washers are about a fourth of the size of American machines and take about 1.5 to 2 hours to run. The dryers about 2.5 hours. I get so excited when I go back to the states and can do 3 or 4 days' worth in one run. Last summer, I was probably a sight in the Shades laundry room. "Look, at how roomy they are! And the washing is already done! This is amazing." :rotfl2:

I just read about the DestiNations tour and it sounds amazing! I am sure you guys will really enjoy the WS tour and get a lot of interesting info on the pavilions. It's so cool that Disney offers these closer looks into the parks.

Bathing cats...that sounds daunting! Glad you were successful. :goodvibes
Ugh! I hate when we have to do it but love it once they are all clean and fluffy...

I just read about the DestiNations tour and it sounds amazing! I am sure you guys will really enjoy the WS tour and get a lot of interesting info on the pavilions. It's so cool that Disney offers these closer looks into the parks.
I am so excited for this. I love all the behind the scenes stuff.

Yay I managed to watch Halloween dessert and fireworks party vlog and the 12 questions one. I was almost shouting at Joe to say Dominick the Christmas donkey hee haw hee haw! It isn’t Christmas properly until I hear it on the radio😂
I’ve gotten as far as the menu in the Skippers vlog and the blimin laptop froze so I’ve been left hanging at “ it tastes like chicken because it is” ( unlike when I used to lie to my children and tell them fish fingers were chicken fingers from chickens that liked to swim-the things a mum has to do for the sake of dinner 😂).

Anyway, love the magicbands and I think the tour sounds amazing so can’t wait to hear what you think about it. I laughed when I saw Jack in the tree. He really does make a most adorable ornament 🎄🐱 🎄
Hope you’re enjoying the countdown to Christmas 🎅🎄🎁🥂❄️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!