Desserts, Flights, Garden Delights, & Galactic Nights: A 15th Anniversary Trip.

hopey1kenobi

Mouseketeer
Desserts, Flights, Garden Delights & Galactic Nights: 15th Anniversary Trip.

This will be my 14th trip to Disney World, but my very first trip report. After reading so many trip reports (lurking around the forum) I decided to try it myself.

The plan is to start this off in the Pre-Trip forum, and then move it over the Main Trip Report forum after we get back and I update about the actual trip. I’ll add links to this post as I add posts.

Welcome! And THANK YOU for reading!

And I apologize in advance, as I tend to ramble.​

The Basics:
Why:
DH & I are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary that happened in April.
When: Monday, May 21st-Monday, May 28th.
Where: All-Star Sports for 1 night, Pop Century for 6 nights.
Who: DH & I

Pre-Trip Post 1:
Pre-Trip Post 2:
Pre-Trip Post 3:
Pre-Trip Post 4:
Day 1:
Day 2:
Day 3:
Day 4:
Day 5:
Day 6:
Day 7:
Day 8:

So, on to the Who, Why & Where…

Who exactly are we? Hi, my name is Hope, I’m 41 and a manager at a craft store chain. I’m a huge DisNerd, Star Wars Geek, Marvel Geek, Video Game Geek, etc… I’m a geek. I love all things geeky. I don’t have a favorite Disney Movie, I love them all (yes, even Cars 2). Character wise I’m partial to Alice, Mulan, Rey, Leia, and Sadness. Rides: All of them, except the ones where I get wet (Splash, Kali). I’ve a love-hate relationship with IASW. Love the look of the ride, but the animatronic kids freak me out. Not a big fan of the shows. I’ll see one once and that’s enough for me. I love the nighttime shows/fireworks, but hate the wait to get a good spot.

DH, Shawn, or the Hubs as I usually refer to him and will from here forward, is 39 and a SSgt. in the USMC for the past 16 years. The Hubs is as equally, if not more, geeky than me. He loves Disney, just maybe not as much as I do. But he indulges me, hence the 14 trips. His favs are Han Solo, Iron Man, Starlord, and Mickey. He’s like me in regards to shows/parades, once is enough.

Why are we going now? Okay, so the Hubs and I wanted to take a kid-free trip for our 15th anniversary. We previously went on a kid-free WDW trip in December of 2006. We stayed at Pop & used the new (at the time) DDP. It was awesome! The longest line we waited in was 15 minutes. The DDP at the time included an appetizer & tips. Oh, the good old days of Level 1 crowds. But I digress…

Originally for this trip we had planned to visit SoCal; Disneyland, sightsee in LA, and visit our adult daughter that lives in California. But then Disney announced Galactic Nights and that version of the trip went out the window. An after hours party all about Star Wars?? Sign us up! That’s where the where part comes in.

To say that we are looking forward to SW Land/Galaxy’s Edge is a total understatement. There is already a tentative trip in the works for next year just for GE. The adult daughter is a SW fan as well, so she understood the change of plans. She was lucky enough to snag tickets for the Disneyland After Dark. And to make up for it, we’re taking her and her BF to WWoHP in August.

I ran the numbers and the WDW trip at the end of May was cheaper than our planned early May trip to SoCal. That sealed the deal. WDW here we come!

That’s it for now. Thanks again for reading.

In the next post I’ll cover all the details as far as lodging, transportation, tickets, & FP+.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter