Destash 2020 Time to Putter with Clutter

marketplace on FB. A lot of it is books, or curriculum items from homeschooling that my kids have outgrown. To be fair, I haven’t done this for about 5 years, so we have lots that needs to go. I hate selling and shipping, so I don’t do it often!

Thanks - I've used our local Facebook (it's been a couple of year ago though), but I've never posted on Marketplace and shipped anything through facebook. I might have to try that before Ebay. Would save the fees and seems more straight forward.

Gave a friend an old travel purse & an old passport holder (she’s going on her first overseas trip this summer).
I should be able to bump up my numbers a lot next week when I’m on Spring Break & tackle the garage.

37/1200

Did a little better this week. I donated between 25 -30 books to the library that DH had clears from his bookshelves. Didn’t count exactly, but there were 4 bags with 6- 8 books in each. Cleaned a night stand drawer of lots of scraps of old wrapping paper, greeting cards I never sent & some really old stationary. It had our old address on it..... we’ve lived here for almost 36 years. :rotfl2:

Started tackling another box in one of my kids old closets. Got rid of an armful of old magazines and probably a dozen old paperback books. All the paper stuff went into the recycle bin. Also threw away a little junk from the box too, including an opened box of Benadryl that expired in 2005. :oops: No idea what it was doing in there, but it just goes to show this is junk I should have cleared out a looooong time ago.

160/1000

mailed all items sold, and sent a box of travel size toiletries to local shelter. A little behind pace for the year, but overall feeling good about getting stuff gone!

Ok I'm late but I'm in.... Between Dec 2019-now.... I think I've cleaned and purged most of the rooms of my house (Marie K style) and brought over 7 jam packed carloads to the local GWill donation center! which leaves me with....plenty left over to enjoy life with the things I truly value! I did a drop off 2 days ago, I need a different size of shirts for spring wear,so I cleaned out any left that didn't fit right, along with FORTY empty photo albums (yup :crazy: ) - the empty albums are b/c I sorted thru a MILLION old photos (35+ years worth) and reworked my system into simple office binders that took up way less space,and much more organized. This took me quite a while.... And I convinced DH to drag our horrible old car to the junkyard,since it coudn't really be driven anymore and had been sitting defunct in the driveway for a year.....So the last place in our house that needs decluttering is our garage....:oops: and it's reaaaaaalllly bad out there, since it's DH's domain and he saves everything. maybe when the weather warms up.....
I can't even begin to keep count of all the stuff I had to declutter....it's sad that I let it get so far...... I like this feeling!

Massive purge in the bedroom Monday. Still a lot to do but made a huge dent.
Today is going to be a mix of front room tidying & bedroom tidying.

75/1200

I've managed to go through another tub of clothes - so 7 items are donated. I can't bring myself to donate any Disney T-shirts that no longer fit. I may make them into a quilt. I'm not sure yet.
Made 6 zipper pouches so that is 2 pieces of fabric used up (the pouches are gifts so they won't even be staying in our house).
Donated 2 books and sold another item on ebay.

So that brings my totals to: 167/500

I haven't done too much as I am still recovering from life saving surgery and I don't have much energy

1 box of candy
1 giant bag of candy - d's took these to work as I have diet restrictions now. They were Christmas presents I got to look at.
1 book - he took to the hospital share cart
1 bag of papers - recycled

Got rid of a few itmes over the month of March!
1 sock w/ hole - trashed
2 file boxes of assorted paperwork (from closed business 20 years ago) - shredded/recycled
1 small handful of paper/magazines - recycled
2 books - donated
1 light fixture (on hand for 6 months) - installed
1 bathroom shade (on hand for over 6 months) - installed
3 Living Room shades - installed
3 Spare room window shades - installed
4 Bedroom window shades - Installed
1 tube of caulking - used up
2 Paintbrush - used up
1 Partial legal notepad - used up
2 ladder brackets (on hand more than 6 months) - Installed
2 wire retaining straps (on hand more than 6 months) - Installed
3 4x8 insulation boards (on hand more than 6 months) - installed
1 sock - trashed
10 pillows - trashed
1 Extra Heavy Comforter - donated
1 set of Flannel bedding - donated

174 items of 500 decluttered or 34.8% of goal

Logging my March items

Gave Away
9 foods

Tossed/Reycled
2 cleaning supplies I didn't like
2 totes
Washer
Dryer
Winter Boots

16 items left the house in March. 2020 goal of 250.
111 total items left the house. 139 to go

I’ve cleared out some clothes but they’re still bagged in the house as we can’t go out due to lockdown :(
I’ll add them in when they leave ( hopefully sooner rather than later)

Git rid of a few small things:

2 pair of socks - trashed
1 book - donated
3 partial notepads - used up
7 cardboard boxes - recycled
1 pair of pants - trashed

(14 items)

188 items of 500 decluttered or 37.6% of goal

So far we have 7 bags of clothing and a box of household ready for Goodwill but with nowhere to go since they are closed due to the pandemic. I'm starting to worry that when they do open, they will restrict how much they will take for a while. I'm sure there are a lot of people like me piling up bags and boxes for donation and they will be deluged with donations once they can reopen.

So far we have 7 bags of clothing and a box of household ready for Goodwill but with nowhere to go since they are closed due to the pandemic. I'm starting to worry that when they do open, they will restrict how much they will take for a while. I'm sure there are a lot of people like me piling up bags and boxes for donation and they will be deluged with donations once they can reopen.

I’ve stopped clearing out because I’ve nowhere to store the bags of stuff. Hasn’t even thought of them limiting donations but you’re probably

I’ve stopped clearing out because I’ve nowhere to store the bags of stuff. Hasn’t even thought of them limiting donations but you’re probably

Thankfully I have space to store the stuff. 3 bags were from just before the shutdown but I never got a chance to bring it to Goodwill. The last 4 bags were from my attic and there's more up there that has to go. My daughter is bringing her Goodwill stuff here since she doesn't have room to store it until they reopen. I may need to rent a truck by the time this is over!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!