Destash 2020 Time to Putter with Clutter

I haven't made much progress this past week. DS5 came down with a cold and then gave it to me, so just cleaning the house is like a super chore. I only put one box in the trunk. I did sell 6 pairs of kids jeans online but somehow only 5 are in the box and I have to either find them today or email the lady to tell her I can only now find 5. Hopefully she'll accept $5 off the price and still take the jeans.

Got rid of a few things in trying to organize the pantry and some paperwork

9 expired food items from pantry - trashed
1 partial notepad - used up
1 grocery bag of assorted paperwork - shredded and recycled
3 grocery bags of various papers - recycled

128 items of 500 decluttered or 25.6% of goal

I haven't been doing much. I did manage to clear out one small tub of clothes - 10 items and tossed 2 kitchen items that I came across that were broken.

So that brings me to 127/500.

It should be quiet around my house for the next month so I'm hoping to go through a lot more of the tubs of my clothes.

I haven’t done much lately either. But I did trash a file folder full of old work schedules, memos & folders. Plus shredded about a dozen bills/ receipts from the car my DH traded in last month. Need to get busier with this.

So ds, now 9 his bday was yesterday, has a handful of items that came into the house. 😩 1 bday down 1 to go. DS5 turns 6 on Wednesday. He is having a ‘big’ classroom/ friend party. We did it for ds9 until this year. So I’m sure ds5 will have more gifts. I’m hoping our note saying in lieu of gifts donate to HAWS will be followed but im sure he’ll still get too much. We told both boys they could have a party or a large gift from mom and dad. Both chose a party. Although with ds9 it was only 4 kids. So basically impossible this week to get rid of ‘stuff’.

Late start here but my goal is 1200 items in 2020. I printed out 2 pages with 6 100 charts on them (I’m a teacher) & I make a check as I remove items. So far:

-2 items from the bathroom cabinet
-1 coffee mug taken to work
-1 kids book taken to work for prize box

4/1200

Just a few items this week

1 expired item from pantry - trashed
1 dish that fell and broke - trashed
2 packages binder dividers - to school

132 items of 500 decluttered or 26.4% of goal

Been a bit slack in the decluttering department lately but have managed to add 5 belts that have left the house so 114/500. Hoping to clear wardrobe today which should up the count somewhat 👍

Last edited:
So that donating to a charity in lieu of gifts for ds6's party did help to not have as much 'stuff' but we still had like 5 gifts. Which is better than the 25 we would have had! DH thinks that's bs about the gifts but the kids have EVERYTHING! Seriously so many kids are being raised having everything when they want it that they don't appreciate anything.

Listed lots of books and house items this weekend. Seven picked up so far, and about 40 to go to post office tomorrow. Dropped off 2 bags to goodwill and cleaned out kids rooms for another 10 junk toys and bag of trash.

96/1000 +40 pending

Cleaned out three master bathroom drawers, throwing away almost a whole kitchen sized garbage bag of assorted clutter (mostly old hotel lotions--the shampoo and conditioner gets used, the lotion just sits there). Also lots of expired sunscreens and expired meds. Shocking how much I threw out and STILL the drawers are pretty full now, but organized.

I used up some old Birthday cards we had vs buying new ones. So got rid of 4 cards. I need to get to the basement and see what I can get rid of there.

48/100

I need to get down in the basement today and see if there is anything left I can recycle/toss. I still have that *one* closet that makes me cringe when I think about it. It is neat and organized, but there is so much stuff in there that needs to be sorted through and dumped.

So dh decided to go through his tech bins... finally however now there's a bunch of stuff that he wants me to put on eBay..... ugh.

Listed lots of books and house items this weekend. Seven picked up so far, and about 40 to go to post office tomorrow. Dropped off 2 bags to goodwill and cleaned out kids rooms for another 10 junk toys and bag of trash.

96/1000 +40 pending

23 sold items picked up today, up to around 50 for mailing tomorrow.
119/1000

96/1000 +40 pending
23 sold items picked up today, up to around 50 for mailing tomorrow.
119/1000

Are you selling these on facebook local groups for the pickups? And Ebay for the mailed items? Sounds like you are doing great with pretty quick returns! I need to try to do this as well.

Are you selling these on facebook local groups for the pickups? And Ebay for the mailed items? Sounds like you are doing great with pretty quick returns! I need to try to do this as well.

marketplace on FB. A lot of it is books, or curriculum items from homeschooling that my kids have outgrown. To be fair, I haven’t done this for about 5 years, so we have lots that needs to go. I hate selling and shipping, so I don’t do it often!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!